This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: There's a Brawl and Melee mode

#1ShorydoukenPosted 8/18/2013 2:02:01 PM
Melee mode brings back L canceling, the high hitstun, combos, etc, while Brawl mode gives it the slow yet fun gameplay and so on.

YR?
---
Gigant Bell+Haki=OP. Also, yes, I am y_not_zoidy.
PSN:Luigifan20
#2CopShow GuyPosted 8/18/2013 2:04:12 PM
So, according to your description, SSB4 default and Melee mode are...NOT fun?
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#3Nicholas2222Posted 8/18/2013 2:04:16 PM
This ...

This would be beautiful, seriously this would just, make everything better.
they'd have to force a Game mode if you played online though, which may end up confusing and frustrating for certain players, but hey, thats what lobby options are possibly for I guess
---
I'm sorry folks.
I just can't help my bad tastes.
#4Rot8er_ConeXPosted 8/18/2013 2:08:03 PM
Yes. This would be awesome.
---
"You can kill the dreamer, but not the dream."
Not changing this line of my sig until dA fixes their login to allow me to get on via my Nook again.
#5Soanevalcke6Posted 8/18/2013 2:10:48 PM
"Slow but more fun" But Melee's fast paced environment was much more fun, unless you have ADHD and trouble paying attention.
---
"Hey, relax! We're the good guys! Justice will prevail and all that stuff... right, Samus?"
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#6Soanevalcke6Posted 8/18/2013 2:14:05 PM
They should just have an Adjustable "Slider" for Hitstun (64 Hitstun on one end, Brawl Hitstun on the other) and Gravity (Melee Gravity on one end, Brawl Gravity on the other), and a few more, and everyone could be happy, Casuals who like Brawl can have their floatfest, and Casuals who like Melee can have their fastness.
---
"Hey, relax! We're the good guys! Justice will prevail and all that stuff... right, Samus?"
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#7stfn12345Posted 8/18/2013 2:15:00 PM
This would be amazing, but also a balancing nightmare. A better compromise would be using Melee's engine but slowed down for default with a Street Fighter II style turbo option so you can fine tune the speed with Brawl being the lowest and even faster than Melee (think lightning Brawl) being the max.
#8ecylisPosted 8/18/2013 2:15:53 PM
"WOW, I must be in some alternate dimension where the impossible is made possible!"
#9Rot8er_ConeXPosted 8/18/2013 2:15:53 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
They should just have an Adjustable "Slider" for Hitstun (64 Hitstun on one end, Brawl Hitstun on the other) and Gravity (Melee Gravity on one end, Brawl Gravity on the other), and a few more, and everyone could be happy, Casuals who like Brawl can have their floatfest, and Casuals who like Melee can have their fastness.

Have buttons on this menu for preset setups, named after each game.
---
"You can kill the dreamer, but not the dream."
Not changing this line of my sig until dA fixes their login to allow me to get on via my Nook again.
#10BenJ09Posted 8/18/2013 2:40:26 PM
I would think Sakurai to be literally insane.
---
HWOMKAINTR?
ODIAESGAUE