I honestly don't understand why Tharja would be included

#1Peachrules14Posted 8/18/2013 11:52:56 PM
I recently just finished playing Fire Emblem Awakening. For the past few months, I've seen people rave about Tharja's role in the game and many post about her potential inclusion in Smash Bros. This had me very hyped about her before I even saw her. *Warning, spoilers ahead* When "Marth" and Chrom are fighting, she announces that she learned how to fight from her father. "This has to be her" I thought. "Tharja has to be Chrom's daughter". Nope! I found out a few chapters later that Tharja not only doesn't have a major impact on the story, but she's completely OPTIONAL to even have in your party.

I like Tharja. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be cool if she was in the game. I just don't know how people decided that an optional character that you meet halfway through the story is grounds for a coveted spot in the Smash Bros. roster. Is it because she's a girl? Is it because she's sexy? Is it the fact that she's a dark mage and would differentiate herself from Marth/Ike/Roy who attack with swords? I'm actually asking.
---
3DS Code:1332-7829-1699
#2GhastsPosted 8/18/2013 11:55:55 PM
The only reason people want her is because they want to see her boingybits in HD.
---
Nanocarp and such.
#3The_Undying_84Posted 8/19/2013 12:17:56 AM
She won't be, so you don't need to understand it.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#4DasDavidPosted 8/19/2013 12:19:56 AM
The fact that there isn't any real way to "understand" her inclusion is the exact reason we'll never have to worry about it haha.
---
Latest SSB4 Dream Roster
http://imgur.com/rlOBXRa
#5Nomorice4UPosted 8/19/2013 12:24:15 AM
Ghasts posted...
The only reason people want her is because they want to see her boingybits in HD.

I want her because she's a mage. FE is more than the sword wielding tropes it keeps getting as reps.
---
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)
#6DasDavidPosted 8/19/2013 12:27:15 AM
Nomorice4U posted...
Ghasts posted...

I want her because she's a mage. FE is more than the sword wielding tropes it keeps getting as reps.

If that's the case then what's wrong with getting like... an important mage?
---
Latest SSB4 Dream Roster
#7Nomorice4UPosted 8/19/2013 12:46:59 AM
DasDavid posted...
Nomorice4U posted...
Ghasts posted...

Tharja isn't one?
---
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)
#8DasDavidPosted 8/19/2013 12:51:19 AM
Nomorice4U posted...
DasDavid posted...

Tharja isn't one?

Well.. I struggle to see how an optional character who serves no specific purpose beyond getting another optional character is important. Definitely not more important than someone like a Micaiah.
---
Latest SSB4 Dream Roster
#9Soanevalcke6Posted 8/19/2013 1:03:34 AM(edited)
Nomorice4U posted...
DasDavid posted...
Nomorice4U posted...
Ghasts posted...

Tharja isn't one?

Sety, Aversa, Micaiah, Celica, Katarina, Julius, Julia, Merric, Pent and Lilina are all more important than Generic Optional Mage #34 (Tharja) off the top of my head.
---
"Hey, relax! We're the good guys! Justice will prevail and all that stuff... right, Samus?"
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#10Doug314Posted 8/19/2013 1:10:43 AM
She's a mage and almost anyone's better than Chrom/Roy/Lucina so I'll support pretty much almost anyone else. We really need a more unique FE character.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool for SSB for Wii U and SSB for 3DS!