This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Other M brings to Smash sucks, or is done worse than other games.

#1VyersPosted 8/20/2013 9:30:27 AM
It doesn't do any unique areas - at least, nothing that FEELS unique (its basic setting is "space station with alien environment simulation areas owned by the GF", which is the exact same thing as Fusion's setting); Samus' design is smaller and worse in both suited and zero suit form; Samus doesn't have any new, worthwhile power-ups; no new items; and quite frankly, if there are any bosses in the game, the best to include would be one of the bosses that were ripped from past Metroid games. There's just nothing creative about this game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#2DragonDeoxysPosted 8/20/2013 9:32:47 AM
Another "Other M hurts my feelings" topic.
---
Black FC: 4126 5167 3147
Black 2 FC: 0562 5475 2074
#3ElectricNovaPosted 8/20/2013 9:34:41 AM(edited)
"Other M content in SSB4" complaint topic number 466
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#4Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 9:34:05 AM
I can't tell if you're defending Other M, disagreeing with my points, or thread ****ing.

Perhaps all of the above?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#5DragonDeoxysPosted 8/20/2013 9:37:00 AM(edited)
ElectricNova posted...

Indeed. People just start spewing stupidity when they fervently (and irrationally) hate something.
---
Black FC: 4126 5167 3147
Black 2 FC: 0562 5475 2074
#6GalwenPosted 8/20/2013 9:38:10 AM
Metroid went downhill years before Other M.

Other M was the nail in the coffin.
#7Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 9:39:47 AM
DragonDeoxys posted...
ElectricNova posted...

Indeed. People just start spewing stupidity when they fervently (and irrationally) hate something.

The Other M hate is pretty rational. There are enough reasons to hate Other M that could fill a book. I'd love to read that.

So, do you have the time to comment on what I said? Since I don't have a proper rational for my hate, it should be quick. Am I wrong when I say that the most noteworthy elements of Other M are from other games, or don't do anything that feels new from previous games?

The only element that can be taken from Other M that couldn't be taken from other Metroid games is making Samus weak. So, if Sakurai explicitly makes Samus bottom-tier, it would be very much accurate to Samus from Other M.
---
#8Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 9:41:55 AM
Galwen posted...
Metroid went downhill years before Other M.

Other M was the nail in the coffin.

There's a fair statement to that. Fusion was polarizing, it wasn't nearly as smartly-designed as Super Metroid. Metroid Prime 3 also felt too linear. However, their contributions to the Metroid canon are at worst harmless, and at best very important. They have very good settings, and the atmosphere is fantastic.
---
#9VGmastaPosted 8/20/2013 9:42:56 AM
I'm trying to read TC's posts, but all I see is BAWWWWW.
---
"Although I am only 14, I am actually in the 12th grade and have already been accepted to Harvard and Yale." ~blkmegaman
Come to my quote for boards!
#10GalwenPosted 8/20/2013 9:45:07 AM
Honestly Vyers, I say you should ignore any of the posters acting like Metroid is still a good series or that Samus is a good characters.

You can put them in the same list as the Sonic and Zelda defenders.