Itt: what 5 pokemon reps would you want?

#1eclipse_exePosted 8/21/2013 3:34:56 AM
and welcome to the third pick 5 topic. the last one didn't go too well, mostly because i lost track of the results due to unforseen problems on my end, but the 50 or so i did manage to catch were fairly clear cut.

anyway onto this weeks topic. pokemon!

you can pick any 5 you want, and as an extra side poll if you add pokemon trainer which three starters would you want him to have? hopefully this one i'll be able to keep up with.

My picks

1. Pikachu
2.Pokemon Trainer ( Oshawott, Grovyle, Charizard)
3. Gardevoir or Pokemon Ranger
4. Lucario
5. Mega!Mewtwo

PRevious Topics

Fire Emblem: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66909435
3rd Party: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/67011740 ( updating soon)

besides that, any ideas for what i should call these things? thinking of doing more for other large series/sections such as mario spin offs or new series.
---
psn: supersoniccd
White 2 FC: 051967901419
#2GhastsPosted 8/21/2013 3:44:53 AM
1. Shuckle
2. Dunsparce
3. Shedinja
4. Rattata
5. Magikarp
---
Nanocarp and such.
#3chaomaster4000Posted 8/21/2013 3:51:03 AM
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Mewtwo
4. Mega Lucario
5. Mega Blaziken
---
"Hey! Where's MY alien donkey?"
#4ElectricNovaPosted 8/21/2013 3:51:08 AM
1. Pikachu
2. Pokémon trainer (Bulbasaur, Charmeleon, Blastoise)
3. Mewtwo (includes mega)
4. Kyogre (too big, who cares)
5. Gen 6 rep
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#5sterlingtygerPosted 8/21/2013 3:53:14 AM
Personally, what would I want?

1. Pikachu
2. Meowth(He just deserves it by this point.)
3. Pokemon Trainer(A genius idea on the part of Sakurai that I see no reason to dispose of. Although if I were to show even more favoritism... making it May from the 3rd gen and giving her Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken would kinda... make me die of excite. I mean, the hardcore Pokemon fanboy in me recognizes that the 1st gen starters are most important and deserve it most and having any different starters would just be dumb... but the 12 year old in me wants to show some favoritism with his favorite generation!)
4. Eevee(Evolves into Flareon with B, Jolteon with Side B, Vaporeon with Down B and Sylveon with Up B. All 4 are semi-clones of each other and Eevee in the A moves, but all have very unique B moves. You cannot de-evolve or change; once you make a choice, you're stuck with it.)
5. Togepi(I love Jigglypuff's moveset, but not the fact that of all Pokemon to be included, JIGGLYPUFF is in Smash Bros. Togepi is the mascot of the 2nd Gen, which DID just get remade[or at least is most recent to be remade, lol]. Give it Metronome instead of Rest and give it an actual recovery Up B, then take away its several jumps and I can EASILY see Togepi taking Jigglypuff's moveset. And the franchise would be the better for it.)

Mewtwo, Lucario, Blaziken, Professor Oak, Pokemon Ranger, and Michael from XD are all amongst runner-ups.

Man, the Pokemon franchise has a lot of great and deserving characters. I should do some kind of 12-post rant about it, because that clearly is the natural progression after my Metroid and Shocking Character rants. Except this one would be a lot more lighthearted than the Metroid one, and instead of a hardcore examination of what is likely or plausible, it would be more of a "Wouldn't it be cool if" kinda idea thread. For funsies.

And then it would conclude with the simple undeniable fact that Elekid is the most likely character for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U.
#6eclipse_exe(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 4:04:51 AM
sterlingtyger posted...
Personally, what would I want?

1. Pikachu
2. Meowth(He just deserves it by this point.)
3. Pokemon Trainer(A genius idea on the part of Sakurai that I see no reason to dispose of. Although if I were to show even more favoritism... making it May from the 3rd gen and giving her Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken would kinda... make me die of excite. I mean, the hardcore Pokemon fanboy in me recognizes that the 1st gen starters are most important and deserve it most and having any different starters would just be dumb... but the 12 year old in me wants to show some favoritism with his favorite generation!)
4. Eevee(Evolves into Flareon with B, Jolteon with Side B, Vaporeon with Down B and Sylveon with Up B. All 4 are semi-clones of each other and Eevee in the A moves, but all have very unique B moves. You cannot de-evolve or change; once you make a choice, you're stuck with it.)
5. Togepi(I love Jigglypuff's moveset, but not the fact that of all Pokemon to be included, JIGGLYPUFF is in Smash Bros. Togepi is the mascot of the 2nd Gen, which DID just get remade[or at least is most recent to be remade, lol]. Give it Metronome instead of Rest and give it an actual recovery Up B, then take away its several jumps and I can EASILY see Togepi taking Jigglypuff's moveset. And the franchise would be the better for it.)

Mewtwo, Lucario, Blaziken, Professor Oak, Pokemon Ranger, and Michael from XD are all amongst runner-ups.

Man, the Pokemon franchise has a lot of great and deserving characters. I should do some kind of 12-post rant about it, because that clearly is the natural progression after my Metroid and Shocking Character rants. Except this one would be a lot more lighthearted than the Metroid one, and instead of a hardcore examination of what is likely or plausible, it would be more of a "Wouldn't it be cool if" kinda idea thread. For funsies.

And then it would conclude with the simple undeniable fact that Elekid is the most likely character for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U.

i know the feeling, theres tons more i would want besides the 6 i picked ( seriously can't decide between ranger or gardevoir) darkrai, victini, meloetta, maybe Wes for a more in your face trainer, scizor.. the list goes on and on..
---
psn: supersoniccd
White 2 FC: 051967901419
#7terminacarnivalPosted 8/21/2013 4:30:15 AM
Pikachu[mascot]

P. Trainer[character you play as]

Mewtwo

Raquaza[size matters not]

Pokemon Rival
[fights directly and uses pokemon for stronger attacks]
#8ecylisPosted 8/21/2013 4:37:21 AM
Pikachu
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard
Mewtwo
#9Traptin3daysPosted 8/21/2013 4:40:55 AM
Pikachu
Jiggz
Red - Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard
Mewtwo
Magikarp
---
A true gentleman never refuses the request of a beautiful lady.
#10FirEmblmFanPosted 8/21/2013 5:12:13 AM
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
4. Mewtwo
5. Mega Lucario
---
Wii U: FirEmblmFan ; Wii: 0862 0481 6764 0576
XBGT: X 1 8 9 9 9 28 ; PSN: MikeAPortanova