I need some help with my new roster! :0

#1sterlingtygerPosted 8/21/2013 5:06:24 PM
Given recent events, I'm forced to update my prediction roster. Choose one of these that you feel is most likely/important to include. - Results (60 votes)
A slightly outdated but still important main character(Ray, Isaac, Saki, Starfy, etc.)
30% (18 votes)
A fourth Zelda character(likely a second Link, again... but maybe Tetra)
16.67% (10 votes)
The return of a veteran
43.33% (26 votes)
A fifth Mario character
10% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So "recent events" have led me to lean towards the notion that, unfortunately, Ridley is less likely than I previously expected. As I can't really imagine Sakurai adding a second Metroid character that's not him. As such, as much as I am upset about the idea, I am going to have to remove Ridley from my roster in favor of ONE(1) of the following:

A slightly outdated, but still important main character of an as of yet unrepresented Nintendo franchise; Ray from Custom Robo, Isaac from Golden Sun, Saki from Sin and Punishment, Starfy from The Legendary Starfy, and Andy from Advance Wars are all good examples. On the roster, this slot will be represented by Isaac because I'm a biased [CENSORED] but it would be noted in the OP that just about any of the thus-mentioned characters or more(Chibi-Robo?) are all vying for that spot, and could be included.

A fourth Zelda character; chances are good that this would be one or both of the following: a Toon game representative or a Second Link. In essence, this means Young Link, Toon Link, Tetra or Tingle. This would be represented on my roster with Tetra, because again, I'm a biased ****, and any "it could be any of these things" slots would be represented with a personal preference of mine... or the thing least likely to get me flamed.

The return of one of the 4 veterans from Brawl that I cut from my roster. Those 4 are Toon Link, Wolf, Ike and Lucario. Lucario, I won't be adding back, because the Pokemon franchise has no space available and if I were to include a 5th Pokemon character it would be Sylveon. Toon Link would also be Option 2, so... win/win I guess? Wolf and Ike are both still characters with some popularity, with the main points against them being irrelevance and unimportance in comparison to other characters. I'm really hoping this isn't what wins this poll because honestly it's the least appetizing option. Ike would be over-representation of FE, and Wolf would be continued over-representation of Star Fox, and Lucario just doesn't deserve it in comparison to Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and Sylveon. Toon Link is a second Link which I'm still not a fan of.

Or, a fifth Mario character. This would cause a tiering in the Big 3, with Mario at 5, Pokemon at 4 and Zelda at 3. And also, the 5th most important Mario character is indisputably Toad, so keep that in mind while voting here.

I personally would hope for the 1st, but knowing Sakurai, the second seems a little more likely? But I'd like a second opinion from this board. Thanks~!
#2xgiraffes13xPosted 8/21/2013 5:08:14 PM
Second one bc Tetra. <3
---
My Dream Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U Roster.
http://i.imgur.com/yy36VAO.png
#3GhastsPosted 8/21/2013 5:11:20 PM
A slightly outdated but still important main character. I say Starfy or Andy.
---
Nanocarp and such.
#4Rot8er_ConeXPosted 8/21/2013 5:13:05 PM
I voted "return of a veteran" before reading your wall of text. I thought you meant bringing back one of the "Melee Missing". I'd assumed you had already brought back Mewtwo, so this would've meant Roy.

Now that I have read your text wall, I want to change my choice to "a fourth Zelda rep".
---
"You can kill the dreamer, but not the dream."
Not changing this line of my sig until dA fixes their login to allow me to get on via my Nook again.
#5sterlingtyger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 5:18:17 PM
Oh, for reference, this is what my roster was before these changes:
http://i.imgur.com/w0DlqAU.png

(It will not, however, simply be this but with Ridley replaced by whatever wins this poll. I realized the importance of having two Retro characters instead of just 1, so I've added a retro slot(bringing the roster up to 45), and I came up with an even better idea for a Shocking Character than Lip, so that will be a replacement.)
#6iAmTheLaw45Posted 8/24/2013 5:57:49 PM
TETRA
TETRA
TETRA
TETRA
I choose Tetra.
---
Official "Ridley is too Big" of the Super Smash Bros Wii U boards.
Qwilfish and Monita for SSB4.
#7iAmTheLaw45Posted 8/24/2013 6:00:32 PM
I would replace Falco with Wolf, and honestly, we don't need anyone from the outdated category BESIDES the ones you already have (Takamaru, Lip).
---
Official "Ridley is too Big" of the Super Smash Bros Wii U boards.
Qwilfish and Monita for SSB4.
#8Rot8er_CodeXPosted 8/24/2013 6:02:14 PM
iAmTheLaw45 posted...
I would replace Falco with Wolf, and honestly, we don't need anyone from the outdated category BESIDES the ones you already have (Takamaru, Lip).

TC has already posted the roster this topic was supposed to help him with.
---
This alt for Rot8er_ConeX was brought to you in part by:
HUG A GIANT DAY!!!
#9energyman2289Posted 8/24/2013 6:03:31 PM
Toad!
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/energyman2289
#10Rot8er_CodeXPosted 8/24/2013 6:06:38 PM
energyman2289 posted...
Toad!

This Topic is no longer relevant! Sterlingtyper has already posted the roster!
---
This alt for Rot8er_ConeX was brought to you in part by:
HUG A GIANT DAY!!!