This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kid Icarus Deserves 4 Reps!!!

#1xyzlacticPosted 8/22/2013 6:51:53 PM
The Kid Icarus franchise has been revived, and is now Sakurai's new baby. That alone is good enough reason for Sakurai to flood this SSB4 with new KI reps, if he wanted to.

Here are a list of reasons why I believe KI should get at least 3 reps:

- KI:U feels sort of like a new IP/Reboot, and if a series is to get more reps, than new characters like Palutena, mixed with old ones like Medusa are a good place to start looking for these smash fighters. Palutena is basically KI's Metaknight, with Medusa being the dedede/dark matter mix lol.

- Sakurai has a lot of time with these characters, and could really bring out the best of their abilities if they were to be playable.

- KI:U will be a flagship title for the 3ds. And their inclusion would be a good way to further promote the series if their are future sequels.

- Sakurai has stated that when developing KI:U, he thought many times that "this might be good in smash," now this is ambiguous, but it could mean characters, items or story.. either way it's a good sign that KI:U will some how influence or show up in the new smash.

- Kid Icarus (and other series) should have more reps than the Mother series. Mother has been irrelevant since before Melee. Its fanbase is obsessed with Giygas, and believing they are some how better than others because they know "teh fetus theory."

- Finally, since Kirby has run out of good characters to be reps, it is time for Sakurai to dig into his other series to further represent his own work.
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#2evosthunderPosted 8/22/2013 6:54:07 PM
-It's not his franchise
-He has no plans to work on it

Threads like this make me wish KI:U never happened.
---
-I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.
-Deviant. Poster. N****. Gamer. Rustler. EvosthunderMkII.
#3natu1234Posted 8/22/2013 6:56:39 PM(edited)
4 reps? No. Maybe 2, or possibly 3 if he's generous, but not 4.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5599-3112
Mew trophy given by Cyclone2 on June 15, 2008. Rawr. :o
#4Austin_4ePosted 8/22/2013 6:56:03 PM
evosthunder posted...
-It's not his franchise

God forbid Nintendo makes (well reboots) a new successful franchise! Nope more Zelda and Mario amirite?

On topic, no, 2 reps at most.
---
http://i.imgur.com/BNZWG.gif | http://i.imgur.com/Qh8jO.gif |http://i.imgur.com/QwY3n.gif
[[ PSN / WiiU / Steam: Austin_4e ]]
#5dragon7x2kPosted 8/22/2013 6:58:56 PM
Austin_4e posted...
evosthunder posted...
-It's not his franchise

God forbid Nintendo makes (well reboots) a new successful franchise! Nope more Zelda and Mario amirite?

I think that it was Sakurai himself who said he has not plans on working on Kid Icarus and a sequel is not likely.
#6GhastsPosted 8/22/2013 7:00:29 PM
1. Pit
2. Hydra
3. Hades' Heart
4. Tempura Wizard
---
Nanocarp and such.
#7RagirothPosted 8/22/2013 7:00:41 PM
Austin_4e posted...
evosthunder posted...
-It's not his franchise

THANK YOU!

Though I really wish it could be three reps. Just because I know Palutena is the second. <_<
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#8evosthunderPosted 8/22/2013 7:02:50 PM
Austin_4e posted...

Lol x3

-Being the sister franchise to Metroid makes it anything but new.
-It's not his franchise.
-Sakurai has said he has no plans for KI.

Lastly: nope, I just hate seeing silly fanboy threads that spew unrealistic expectations that I wouldn't have to see if the game didn't exist.
---
-I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.
-Deviant. Poster. N****. Gamer. Rustler. EvosthunderMkII.
#9Cookie_AromaPosted 8/22/2013 7:05:25 PM
This topic again. . .
#10GhastsPosted 8/22/2013 9:19:13 PM
I was re-reading this because I skimmed most of it last time when I saw...

xyzlactic posted...
than new characters like Palutena, mixed with old ones like Medusa

Are you being serious?
---
Nanocarp and such.