How about this for the Star Fox reps?

#1WelcommattPosted 8/23/2013 6:24:40 PM
Fox stays the same from brawl, but slightly slower to contrast more with Falco.

Falco changes to be faster and lighter, like toon Link was to Link. He has a different up-B, more like a fast upwards slash with his wings than the Firefox. His neutral-B has him firing a laser onto the ground, then dragging it up hitting the ground a few meters in front of him (i think master hand has a move like this, for a reference of what i mean) And his down-B a spin like Luigi's, chopping with his wings. His final smash is him jumping into his arwing and hovering in the foreground, shooting enemies like Snake's FS but less powerful.

Wolf is heavy and slow, but significantly more powerful than the former two. His A moves are slightly tweaked but mostly the same. For his up-B he jumps into the air and grabs the opponent, then slams them onto the ground. For his down-B he throws a bomb onto the ground and activates his forcefield, this ensures he can't move while using it but he won't take damage from his own bomb. His side-B is an unchargable, corkscrew version of Luigi's "green missile" His final smash is him jumping into his Wolfen II and making 3 high powered bombing runs across the stage, it is blockable but not easily dodged unless it is a multilevel stage.

This is the first time I've tried making up a moveset, because I feel it would be easy and worthwhile to declone these guys. If I didn't specify any changes, then I would intend them to stay the same.
#2iAmTheLaw45Posted 8/23/2013 6:40:53 PM
I think that Fox and Wolf alone is good enough for the series. I like your ideas though!
---
Official "Ridley is too Big" of the Super Smash Bros Wii U boards.
Qwilfish and Monita for SSB4.
#3Welcommatt(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 7:06:26 PM
iAmTheLaw45 posted...
I think that Fox and Wolf alone is good enough for the series. I like your ideas though!

That was what I used to suggest, but apparently a lot of people main Falco and would rather cut Wolf for being a clone.
---
"Hodor" -Hodor
#4OsumnisPosted 8/23/2013 7:28:35 PM
But Fox was always the fastest one. Falco just jumps higher. I don't really like your ideas except maybe Wolf's side special and the Final Smashes.
#5UberPyro64Posted 8/23/2013 7:37:59 PM
iAmTheLaw45 posted...
I think that Fox and Falco alone is good enough for the series. I like your ideas though!

Fixed though still not true. All three rep the series fine and none need to go.
---
Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Official Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/
#6PetaLucarioPosted 8/23/2013 7:52:49 PM
iAmTheLaw45 posted...

Osumnis posted...
But Fox was always the fastest one. Falco just jumps higher. I don't really like your ideas except maybe Wolf's side special and the Final Smashes.

I 100% agree
#7Welcommatt(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 8:08:55 PM
Osumnis posted...

I figured being a bird, Falco would fit the faster/lighter style. But I'm glad you liked the final smashes. I figured the vehicles should still play an important roll with these characters.
---
"Hodor" -Hodor
#8PetaLucarioPosted 8/23/2013 8:17:28 PM
What made you think bird = faster?
#9KainWindPosted 8/23/2013 8:25:35 PM
I hate that Falco is more of a clone than Wolf. I like to use Falco a lot, and Fox slightly less. I use Wolf less, but still do sometimes. Same with Toon Link, but that's a different topic.

I like the ideas though. Anything to "declone" some characters and still keep them around is fine by me.
---
I had this incredibly, unbelievably, amazingly, fantastically directionally-challenged guy with me right here...
http://i.imgur.com/vEZ3lhE.jpg - Chuuni
#10Master_Warlord7Posted 8/23/2013 8:27:59 PM
People want Falco just because they're super competitive and think that it somehow matters that he was in a game before Wolf. Sakuai's arbitrary decision to add Falco over Wolf in Melee apparently overrides Wolf's larger series importance.
---
~~~V Smash Bros Moveset Making Paradise V~~~
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=335316