Which series has the best music?

#1HejiruPosted 8/24/2013 9:27:40 AM(edited)
Which series has the best music? - Results (380 votes)
Mario
6.84% (26 votes)
Donkey Kong
5% (19 votes)
The Legend of Zelda
38.16% (145 votes)
Metroid
8.16% (31 votes)
Kirby
10.53% (40 votes)
Pokemon
10.79% (41 votes)
Mother/Earthbound
8.16% (31 votes)
Star Fox
0.79% (3 votes)
F-Zero
3.16% (12 votes)
Fire Emblem
8.42% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm not talking about just what was in Brawl, I mean the music of the series overall. Obviously I couldn't fit every series but I tried to pick the ten I thought would be the most popular choices.
Also, try not to vote for an entire series just based on one song from it.

For me it'd have to be Mario or Kirby. F-Zero and Mother have pretty great music too.
I don't think Star Fox was ever really known for its music.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#2Nicholas2222Posted 8/24/2013 9:12:45 AM
Kirby, I mean, it is willing to do absolutely anything with it's musci, same as Mario in a sense, but Kirby has more memorable tunes in my opinion.

Even the lesser known ones are fantastic, like Peppermint Palace, Forest Area, pretty much all of Air Ride's OST.
---
I'm sorry folks.
I just can't help my bad tastes.
#3atomicrebirthPosted 8/24/2013 9:15:29 AM
Other: Final Fantasy

*raises flame shield*
---
"Could Sora survive a Kamehameha?" "It depends on how good you are at pressing triangle." -bladeofnintendo
3DS: 1375-8113-3652 (Oscar)
#4ElectricNovaPosted 8/24/2013 9:16:50 AM
Kirby. There is no contest.

Jun ishikawa is a genius
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#5SqawksPosted 8/24/2013 9:18:15 AM
Mother series, with Zelda in second place.
---
The official Howard the Duck of the MvC3 board!
#6Rot8er_CodeXPosted 8/24/2013 9:22:58 AM
Couldn't decide if I liked Mario's or Kirby's better. So I voted Mario with my main account and Kirby with my alt account.
---
This alt for Rot8er_ConeX was brought to you in part by:
HUG A GIANT DAY!!!
#7Scorpion122178Posted 8/24/2013 9:24:19 AM
Donkey Kong Country trilogy might have some of the bast music in gaming. Got to give it to that series though I love Zelda music just as much
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Mortal Kombat, Borderlands 2, Metro: Last Light, Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
#8ProfessorFayPosted 8/24/2013 9:25:05 AM
It's a toss up for me between Kirby and Mother/Earthbound.

Shoutouts to Mother 3, though. Seriously one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard for a GBA game.
---
I said so ravenously.
Farewell Faywell. Junko Enoshima.
#9I_Wanna_CookiePosted 8/24/2013 9:33:43 AM
Sqawks posted...
Mother series, with Zelda in second place.

---
I'm handsome.
#10MuTeKiKenPosted 8/24/2013 9:41:05 AM
Before I vote, I want to look at them one by one:

Mario
If it's platformers and not Galaxy games, then there's so little exceptional tracks. I don't really care fore either SMB classic ground or underground music either. Spin-offs included though, there's loads. But not with all of them...
My favourite will stay Mario Tennis for a while.

Donkey Kong
So many that past me. DKC2 is a category of it's own compared to other DKCs anyway.

The Legend of Zelda
The more recent it is, the less music stands out for me. No Zelda will ever beat ALTTP in music IMO.

Metroid
There's music? Oh yeah, the 3 classic songs and vs. Ridley. Don't care for even one of those.

Kirby
KSS has loads and KSSU added a few. I think the GBA ones had a couple of good songs as well but the rest... Oh yeah, Return to dreamland had more than a few.

Pokemon
Gen I has some great music overall. Maybe it's not the same with the rest but I think quality shouldn't drop that much.

Mother/Earthbound
No idea. Didn't like anything from Brawl or Melee and I heard the "real" porky theme... Can't call it good myself.

Star Fox
No idea. From what's already in Smash, probably not bad to good.

F-Zero
YESZ! But like a couple of Castlevanias they like to bring back classics a lot. The exception is GX... Ugh.

Fire Emblem
Not as many as I thought.

With all that, I would've voted F-Zero if there were more games or Pokemon if I played more than Gen I. I have to give it to Kirby, but without Return I probably would've changed my vote.
---
Currently playing - A game for hardcore fans only