Seems the reps are showing off the whole series, not just the latest game.

#1BestScoutEverPosted 8/24/2013 3:39:08 PM
Specifically, if you look at characters like Link, Megaman, and Pit, it looks to me as if they're trying to show off the entirety of their appearances in their respective series as opposed to the latest game they starred in. While that's been somewhat true in the recent games, it doesn't seems as true as it does here. Link's basic design even looks like it was taken from both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, if not others.

So, think about this; For characters who haven't appeared very prominently, consolidation can be made to make them seem relevant and give them more varied movesets. Specifically, Zelda and Impa (in place of Sheik) can be easily made single characters with a Bv move. Ganondorf, Luigi, Ike, Young/Toon Link, Bowser, Wario, Olimar, Samus, Sonic, and other veterans (as well as newcomers) could all fare well with this news if implemented correctly.

Theories? Thoughts? "inb4Ridley"? Post away.

Oh, and inb4Ridley.
---
Playing: Dark Cloud 2, Sleeping Dogs, SMITE, Dragon Age II, Team Fortress 2
PSN: Jmdmagic, Steam: (usually) Perfect10n, SMITE IGName: SolArthias
#2ElectricNovaPosted 8/24/2013 3:40:15 PM
That's good. If only the latest games were repped, it wouldn't be a game about Nintendo's history and would feel like advertising.
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#3CrystalKing5426Posted 8/24/2013 3:40:27 PM
Except Metroid, which is deliberately focusing only on Other M.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Dark Samus for SSB4
#4Tortellini803Posted 8/24/2013 3:41:03 PM
This makes King K. Rool pretty much confirmed. Dixie would never get in over him.
#5GhastsPosted 8/24/2013 3:43:31 PM
I dunno about Pit. He seems to be solely representing KI:U in SSB4 since he no longer has the Mirror Shield or Wings of Pegasus. Unless you're referring to Brawl.
---
Nanocarp and such.
#6NewMoonShadowPosted 8/24/2013 6:12:38 PM
ElectricNova posted...
That's good. If only the latest games were repped, it wouldn't be a game about Nintendo's history and would feel like advertising.

The game IS advertising.
#7Hon_CaterpiePosted 8/24/2013 6:15:01 PM
This is why I don't think newer franchises will be included. Number of games is a thing that has influence.
---
Honorable Caterpie, Deku Knight! | Queen Gohma's #1 Fan
Can I be the Official Lip of the SSB4 Boards yet?
#8Rot8er_CodeXPosted 8/24/2013 6:16:53 PM
BestScoutEver posted...
Specifically, Zelda and Impa (in place of Sheik).....

Stopped taking you seriously right there.
---
This alt for Rot8er_ConeX was brought to you in part by:
HUG A GIANT DAY!!!
#9Tortellini803Posted 8/24/2013 6:18:00 PM
Hon_Caterpie posted...
This is why I don't think newer franchises will be included. Number of games is a thing that has influence.

Andy confirmed
#10Hon_CaterpiePosted 8/24/2013 6:19:52 PM
Tortellini803 posted...
Hon_Caterpie posted...

Andy confirmed
More likely than Shulk, anyway.
---
Honorable Caterpie, Deku Knight! | Queen Gohma's #1 Fan
Can I be the Official Lip of the SSB4 Boards yet?