Guys, there's something about Villager's Tree Attack you should know...

#1TheAquaman803Posted 8/29/2013 1:34:31 AM
These following pictures should confirm the Tree's presence as both a special attack (instead of a smash) and some other details.

http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/pikachu/screen-7.jpg
Here, Pikachu is lying under Villager's tree. This would not be possible if the Villager's full move was planting, growing and cutting down a tree. No, this move must work in two parts:

Press Down (?) B to plant/grow the tree,

and press it again near the tree to cut it down (unless Villager has an axe attack)

But is Villager the only one to be able to cut down his tree?

I doubt it. Take a look at my next pic.
http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/luigi/screen-4.jpg
Here, Luigi is standing next to a Villager tree that is falling. But where is Villager? My theory (and this is just a theory, mind you) is that anyone can cut down the tree. I think Olimar cut it down with his side smash. There's his pikmin there.

But why didn't it fall towards Olimar?

This is because the tree must be hit twice to be cut down. We saw this in the Developer Direct.

The tree must've been hit once on the right side of the tree before Olimar fell it. This would assumedly make it so, no matter which way you hit the tree, it would always fall to the right.
#2xyzlacticPosted 8/29/2013 1:35:33 AM
Villager is broken
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#3JunDagekiPosted 8/29/2013 1:37:45 AM
I always thought it was just a taunt sorta like Luigi's, i haven't read your post yet, i will tomorrow, i'm too drunk to the ruight now
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#4bnui_ransderPosted 8/29/2013 1:40:55 AM
I say it is side-b

down-b will be his grabby move
#5TheAquaman803(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 1:43:27 AM
bnui_ransder posted...
I say it is side-b

I feel like this should not be the case. The tree is not a directional attack, and it can only be used on the ground. The grabber is a directional attack and the direction you use it in is very important. It's not like a reflector or an oil spill, it only works in one direction.
#6Hon_CaterpiePosted 8/29/2013 9:14:34 AM
TheAquaman803 posted...
bnui_ransder posted...
I say it is side-b

I feel like this should not be the case. The tree is not a directional attack, and it can only be used on the ground. The grabber is a directional attack and the direction you use it in is very important. It's not like a reflector or an oil spill, it only works in one direction.
So like Lucas's PSI Magnet, which also only works in one direction and is a down B?
---
Honorable Caterpie, Deku Knight! | Queen Gohma's #1 Fan
Yay! Officially the Official Lip of the Super Smash Bros 4 Board! :D
#7Nintendo_Fan128Posted 8/29/2013 9:33:42 AM
Oh, this tree reminds me of Snake's C4. It seems that before it's used, it has to be...
*puts sunglasses on*
...planted!
YEEEEAAAAHHHH
---
My random webcomic with a weird name! www.vinigortonioenglish.weebly.com
#8BlulightningPosted 8/29/2013 11:44:33 AM
The pics mean absolutely nothing.
Sakurai is obviously setting up the images using the game's models and it's not actual gameplay.
He could easily be just using Villager's trees to set up images because he likes the trees to add some environment or whatever. Villager might not even be in the scenes at all, even outside of the pics. He may simply just be using the tree model. It's as simple as that.

In any case, it could be very possible you have to plant the trees first and other players can cut them down. Who knows?

Just don't go reading so much into the images.... Kirbamus is not a confirmed character, ya know? Just an FYI.
---
U r Brane Splode'd!
#9RoyMaster4Posted 8/29/2013 11:50:16 AM
I thought Villager's fsmash was confirmed to be the axe? So that means vB is planting / watering the tree, which can then either be used as a sort of wall, or chopped down.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
3DS FC: 5026-4428-6076
#10papermegaslimePosted 8/29/2013 11:50:35 AM
Blulightning posted...
The pics mean absolutely nothing.
Sakurai is obviously setting up the images using the game's models and it's not actual gameplay.
He could easily be just using Villager's trees to set up images because he likes the trees to add some environment or whatever. Villager might not even be in the scenes at all, even outside of the pics. He may simply just be using the tree model. It's as simple as that.

In any case, it could be very possible you have to plant the trees first and other players can cut them down. Who knows?

Just don't go reading so much into the images.... Kirbamus is not a confirmed character, ya know? Just an FYI.

With the exception of full stage pics, they're all supposed to be screenshots of Sakurai playing the game, or at least that's what he said they would be.
---
Clefairy is best Pokemon and should be an alt costume for Jiggs