This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guys, there's something about Villager's Tree Attack you should know...

#11BlulightningPosted 8/29/2013 11:29:07 AM(edited)
papermegaslime posted...
With the exception of full stage pics, they're all supposed to be screenshots of Sakurai playing the game, or at least that's what he said they would be.

If he ever said that he was lying or his plans changed.

The majority of pics are characters in special poses, positions, or etc. to make them look like they are doing interesting things. They are not indicative of gameplay and nothing I've seen would imply they were him actually playing the game.

Unless of course there is a scene set-up mode he has yet to announce where you can do the same kind of stuff. But either way these pics are obviously not from characters battling. Many of them are obviously set up for specific poses he thought might be funny.

For example, in today's pic.... How would the pikmin be sitting on the stump? You can't even control pikmin directly, yet he was obviously intended to be 'sitting' there.
---
U r Brane Splode'd!
#12TheAquaman803(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 12:30:14 PM
Hon_Caterpie posted...
TheAquaman803 posted...
bnui_ransder posted...
I say it is side-b

down-b will be his grabby move

I feel like this should not be the case. The tree is not a directional attack, and it can only be used on the ground. The grabber is a directional attack and the direction you use it in is very important. It's not like a reflector or an oil spill, it only works in one direction.
So like Lucas's PSI Magnet, which also only works in one direction and is a down B?

Play Brawl again, if you hit him from behind he turns suddenly. This move is more like Samus' Missile.

Blulightning posted...
papermegaslime posted...
With the exception of full stage pics, they're all supposed to be screenshots of Sakurai playing the game, or at least that's what he said they would be.

If he ever said that he was lying or his plans changed.

The majority of pics are characters in special poses, positions, or etc. to make them look like they are doing interesting things. They are not indicative of gameplay and nothing I've seen would imply they were him actually playing the game.

Unless of course there is a scene set-up mode he has yet to announce where you can do the same kind of stuff. But either way these pics are obviously not from characters battling. Many of them are obviously set up for specific poses he thought might be funny.

For example, in today's pic.... How would the pikmin be sitting on the stump? You can't even control pikmin directly, yet he was obviously intended to be 'sitting' there.

I don't see what you mean here. When Pikmin fall, they bounce on their butts. The yellow pikmin was shot as an Fsmash by Olimar, so after cutting the tree the pikmin landed on the stump, bounced and Sakurai caught the pikmin mid-bounce.

All of these pics can be made from characters battling. There's no reason to assume they aren't.
#13BlulightningPosted 8/29/2013 12:35:54 PM(edited)
TheAquaman803 posted...

I don't see what you mean here. When Pikmin fall, they bounce on their butts. The yellow pikmin was shot as an Fsmash by Olimar, so after cutting the tree the pikmin landed on the stump, bounced and Sakurai caught the pikmin mid-bounce.

All of these pics can be made from characters battling. There's no reason to assume they aren't.

Yeah, about that.... So Sakurai has amazing timing even with a somewhat badly injured arm?
I had no idea.

Or.... You know what might be a tad more realistic than that? He set the pictures up.

And yeah, maybe they COULD be made in battle by some amount of coincidence or very, very good timing.... But seriously, what do you think is more reasonable?

#1:Catching a very specific moment in microseconds of timing in a very specific scene set up to take a single picture that they likely would have to take multiple shots just to get it right....
Or...
#2: The guy making the game just uses his tools to set up the pic real fast to take it and post it the next day, avoiding all of the above's time-requirements and resulting in even more accurate pics?

Yeah..... I'm gonna have to go with #2.... Sorry bud.
---
U r Brane Splode'd!
#14TheAquaman803(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 12:47:26 PM
Blulightning posted...
TheAquaman803 posted...

Yeah, about that.... So Sakurai has amazing timing even with a somewhat badly injured arm?
I had no idea.

Or.... You know what might be a tad more realistic than that? He set the pictures up.

And yeah, maybe they COULD be made in battle by some amount of coincidence or very, very good timing.... But seriously, what do you think is more reasonable?

#1:Catching a very specific moment in microseconds of timing in a very specific scene set up to take a single picture that they likely would have to take multiple shots just to get it right....
Or...
#2: The guy making the game just uses his tools to set up the pic real fast to take it and post it the next day, avoiding all of the above's time-requirements and resulting in even more accurate pics?

Have you ever paused a game in Brawl? All sorts of good screenshots suddenly appear.

None of them even look staged, they just look like people fighting. I'm sure this Luigi fighting Olimar and Villager was just some funny thing that happened when they paused the game.

Sakurai says he plays the game with his coworkers all the time when he's not working. That's the perfect time to take screenshots. And it would be a lot easier to just use those then to make his own.

There's also the fact that they're called "pics of the day" for a reason.
#15Someguy_13Posted 8/29/2013 12:59:04 PM
bnui_ransder posted...
I say it is side-b

down-b will be his grabby move

It'll be Down B.

Pick up will be neutral B.

I thought we all already knew that it would be grown in stages.
Down B to plant.
Down B to water.
Down B, or Side Smash to cut it down.

I didn't catch on about anyone being able to cut it down though.

I would like to point out that it seems hitting with it is a OHKO. In the developer direct he hits Mario with the falling tree and it gets a special sound effect as it kills him,
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#16netopDAP92Posted 8/29/2013 12:59:48 PM
Blulightning posted...
TheAquaman803 posted...

I had no idea.

Or...

You're being really negative for like, no reason. Catching interesting screenshots in Smash Bros. is not that difficult.
---
I am the waffle king!
Beware, I have waffles!
#17Meta289Posted 8/29/2013 1:02:32 PM
Are people really claiming that the daily pics/character pics aren't staged?
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#18BlulightningPosted 8/29/2013 1:18:40 PM
Meta289 posted...
Are people really claiming that the daily pics/character pics aren't staged?

Yeah, apparently....
I thought it was clearly obvious, as in you'd have to be blind not to see it, but apparently some people can't see it..... *shrug*

You ever wonder if maybe some people on this board are actually living in another reality than you, and our realities just happen to cross paths occasionally so we see their posts?
Yeah, me either... but at least if that were true then I'd maintain a bit of hope for humanity. ;D
---
U r Brane Splode'd!