My Smash 4 Roster (Updated)

#11ClovernoodlePosted 8/29/2013 12:43:27 PM
sterlingtyger posted...

Bowser Jr. isn't very likely. He has a shot, but I doubt the chances of a new Mario character, and if we do get one, it will be Toad.

Why so certain? Toad's certainly an important Mario character and has been for decades, but the moveset potential for Jr. is far more interesting, and in the more recent years he's been more important to the games he's been in than Toad, even if Toad's been playable.
As for a new Mario rep, it's been two games since Mario's gotten a rep, and in fact he lost one in the previous game. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that their flagship series will get a 5th character.
K. Rool is not as likely as Dixie Kong.

Again, don't be so certain. K. Rool is just as likely, especially since we don't know of his involvement in Tropical Freeze yet.
Ridley is, due to recent events, not super likely.

Time for me to be overly certain- that quote meant nothing. It was simply providing contextual and atmospheric text to the stage itself. I assure you, it meant nothing.
---
So... new here... what do I do?
#12sterlingtygerPosted 8/29/2013 12:43:57 PM
SmashBro25 posted...
Ike and Lucario have absolutely no reason to go; why cut them over Wolf, Lucas, or Toon Link? (Not calling Wolf or Lucas clones, mind you, but they are at least vaguely similar, whereas Ike and Lucario are completely unique- none of them should be cut, though, IMO).

Mewtwo has absolutely no reason to go; why cut him over Young Link, Falco or Ganondorf?
#13sterlingtygerPosted 8/29/2013 12:54:22 PM
Clovernoodle posted...
sterlingtyger posted...

Bowser Jr. isn't very likely. He has a shot, but I doubt the chances of a new Mario character, and if we do get one, it will be Toad.

Why so certain? Toad's certainly an important Mario character and has been for decades, but the moveset potential for Jr. is far more interesting, Opinion. I would far rather see Toad, at least personally. and in the more recent years he's been more important to the games he's been in than ToadNot really? In fact, after NSMB and SMS, Junior's importance has been steadily declining, going from midboss to maybe once every 3 worlds boss to all but absent. Meanwhile, Toads have been playable more and more often, have supporting roles in most games AT LEAST, and The Toad is even getting equal billing to Luigi and Peach again in 3D World., even if Toad's been playable.
As for a new Mario rep, it's been two games since Mario's gotten a rep, and in fact he lost one in the previous game. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that their flagship series will get a 5th character. It's not unreasonable, but I don't think it's especially necessary, or likely, given other things that are far more notably required, like a third Donkey Kong character, a second Metroid character, a second Kid Icarus character, more New Franchises like various retros, Golden Sun, Chibi-Robo, Starfy, Punch-Out!!, Custom Robo, Nintendo Wars, Sin and Punishment, and Xenoblade, amongst several others. Mario, meanwhile, already has 4 characters, that are all the main characters of the franchise, as well as 4 different spun off characters. While it MAY get a character, it just... probably won't.
K. Rool is not as likely as Dixie Kong.

Again, don't be so certain. K. Rool is just as likely, especially since we don't know of his involvement in Tropical Freeze yet. I'd say they're probably very CLOSE in likelihood, but given we've heard no word of K. Rool or Kremlings in TF, and Dixie WAS planned for Brawl, there's at least a little more precedent for Dixie.
Ridley is, due to recent events, not super likely.

Time for me to be overly certain- that quote meant nothing. It was simply providing contextual and atmospheric text to the stage itself. I assure you, it meant nothing. I would love to agree, but being completely sure of anything is dangerous. I could say I'm 100% sure that Isaac, my most wanted character, is gonna be in... but then he won't be and he'll be disappointed. I'd love to see Ridley and he's by no means ruled out; the quote could DEFINITELY have been just flavortext, and Ridley can still be playable... but it sure does SEEM LIKE he's hinting towards Ridley being a stage hazard or boss of some kind, and even if that's not the truth of the situation, it does hurt Ridley's percievable chances, because now he's combatting against the odds of Sakurai deciding he's not worth it, Sakurai deciding he's too big or unworkable, AND whether or not he is already implemented as a stage hazard.