If I was in charge of SSB5, would you be okay with the roster?

#1Rot8er_ConeXPosted 8/29/2013 2:44:35 PM
The roster for "Super Smash Bros.: Shards":

Mario — keeps current moveset
Dr. Mario (unlockable) — keeps Melee Mario's moveset, slightly tweaked stats
Luigi (unlockable) — gains Poltergust as a ranged grab, but otherwise keeps current moveset
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Bowser Jr. (unlockable)

Paper Mario (unlockable)

Fawful (unlockable)

Yoshi
Birdo (unlockable)

Wario
Waluigi (unlockable)

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong (unlockable)
King K. Rool (unlockable)

Link
Toon Link (unlockable)
Masked Link (unlockable)
Zelda/Shiek
Toon Zelda/Tetra (unlockable)
Ganondorf
Imp Midna + Wolf Link (unlockable)
Tingle (unlockable)

Samus
Zero Suit Samus (unlockable) — seperated so they can get proper Final Smashes

Captain Falcon (unlockable)

Ness (unlockable)
Lucas

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Prince Fluff (unlockable)

Fox
Falco (unlockable)
Wolf (unlockable)

Pikachu
Jigglypuff (unlockable)
Mewtwo (unlockable)
Lucario (unlockable)
Pichu (unlockable)
Pokémon Trainer — has eighteen Pokémon to choose from, players choose 2-6 of them

Marth
Roy (unlockable) — Luigified
Ike
Chrom/Lucina (unlockable)

Olimar

Pit
Palutena

Wii Fit Trainer

Villiager

Little Mac

Isaac

Starfy

Chibi-Robo

Ice Climbers
Duck Hunter & Dog

Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.

Snake
Sonic
Pheonix Wright
Professor Layton
Mega Man
Pac-Man

Veterans would be given greater priority, as long as they keep their movesets from SSB4. Any to-be-revealed newcomers for SSB4 would also be on this list (except the second Link).
---
Link in Survivor Smash Bros.
Not changing this sig line until dA and Yahoo Mail fix their mobile sites. Signed 21Jul2013 dA, 27Aug2013 Yahoo
#2Rot8er_ConeX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 2:45:56 PM
Ahh! I forgotsted Shulk and Takamaru!
---
Not changing this sig line until dA and Yahoo Mail fix their mobile sites. Signed 21Jul2013 dA, 27Aug2013 Yahoo
#3Hon_CaterpiePosted 8/29/2013 2:48:25 PM
And me! Jerk. D;
---
Honorable Caterpie, Deku Knight! | Queen Gohma's #1 Fan
Yay! Officially the Official Lip of the Super Smash Bros 4 Board! :D
#4BlulightningPosted 8/29/2013 2:51:14 PM(edited)
I'm pretty sure Nintendo themselves would fire you for focusing so much on the 68 character roster that the gameplay horribly sucks because you didn't even include it.

So what did you do? Just make a list of every character you could think of, or what?

A game with a roster that large would have absolutely no balance at all, unless it tooks many years to make simply just to work on the balance issues. It would be a horrible fighting game...
---
U r Brane Splode'd!
#5Rot8er_ConeX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 2:53:04 PM
I did indeed forget you, Lip, sorry.

As for the huge roster, if the engine is based on that of SSB4 with a few additions, I'm fairly certain that any character from SSB4 could easily be ported, leaving time for more new characters.
---
#6BlulightningPosted 8/29/2013 2:55:14 PM
Rot8er_ConeX posted...
As for the huge roster, if the engine is based on that of SSB4 with a few additions, I'm fairly certain that any character from SSB4 could easily be ported, leaving time for more new characters.

Spoken like someone who knows absolutely nothing about balancing a game.

Yeah.... Umm, if you were in charge of SSB5, I'd be sending protest letters... Sorry. :P
---
U r Brane Splode'd!
#7Rot8er_ConeX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 2:59:24 PM
Blulightning posted...
Rot8er_ConeX posted...

Spoken like someone who knows absolutely nothing about balancing a game.

Yeah.... Umm, if you were in charge of SSB5, I'd be sending protest letters... Sorry. :P

.....I have no idea why, but that brought a smile to my face. I should probably be concerned for my mental health now.
---
#8Doug314Posted 8/29/2013 5:58:01 PM
It's pretty bad. We don't need to bring back the melee clones that were scrapped for a good reason, and Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon have too many characters, as does the 3rd party list.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool for SSB for Wii U and SSB for 3DS!
#9Seb_RamorayPosted 8/29/2013 6:06:45 PM
Everyone Ok, except for:

Birdo

Toon Zelda/Tetra

Imp Midna + Wolf Link ( Just do a normal Midna )

I know You Like that Pkmn trainer thing, but no

Pheonix Wright

Professor Layton

Pac-Man

And you don't have my newest favorites, Blaziken and Monita.

But I would appreciate this game anyways
---
Klonoa for Super Smash Bros. U! (Not changing this sig until the game release 8.2.2013) + Dream Roster: http://imgur.com/AWKqmXK
#10Rot8er_ConeX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 6:30:59 PM
Doug3.14, actually, most of the Melee clones were supposed to make it in. They just didn't because Sonic came along. The only one that wasn't found in Brawl's data was Pichu, but he was a joke addition anyway. And note that with Mario having F.L.U.D.D. now any me saying Roy gets Luigified, they're perfectly different.

Seb_Ramoray, I did forget Monita, didn't I? And Blaziken is one of the eighteen in "that Pokémon Trainer thing". Plus, if you don't think Pac-Man's likely this time around (let alone next time), you're deluding yourself. I have to look again at what else you had trouble with.

I was gonna let this topic die, but you two decided to bring it back.....
---