http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzIxD2DJfpc

'Dat MetrodVania gameplay.
---
GT: PNDMike
#2SerenasoPosted 9/6/2013 7:16:32 AM
Wow, this is actually a clever suggestion
I approve
#3aiyobroPosted 9/6/2013 7:16:58 AM
That game was so hard to find when it came out I remember looking for it as a guilty pleasure it got really good reviews in Nintendo Power.
#4ViewtifulGinaPosted 9/6/2013 7:28:19 AM
I couldn't get into the original because of the controls. Hated holding the attack button to dash, combined with the game's slow-assed walk speeds. Risky's Revenge was great though.
#5PunkNeverDies(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 7:39:24 AM
- From a long running, Nintendo-exclusive franchise
- Excellent moveset potential
- New game coming out
- She's a belly dancing pirate genie. That's awesome.
---
GT: PNDMike
#6MeanMotorScootePosted 9/6/2013 7:45:47 AM
100% agreed

But being that it's not made in japan/big there... I don't think it'll happen any time soon... but meh, here's to hopin, right?
#7lizard81288Posted 9/6/2013 9:32:58 AM
It would be pretty awesome. Who knows. Lucas never made it to the US so maybe it would be cool to have a US character
---
I hate people in general.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/NPC/index/
#8MeepleLardiclePosted 9/6/2013 1:09:18 PM
You guys do realize Shantae has another game coming out on multiple consoles, including Non-Nintendo ones, right?

She was Nintendo exclusive, but she's not a Nintendo IP. Heck, the original game was a Capcom IP, it appears. Pirate's Curse, the new one, I can't find a publisher for, just says "may by Wayforward"

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, the new one coming out alongside Pirate's Curse, is not Nintendo exclusive. the other games were, but Nintendo exclusive =/= 1st party game. To give you a parallel, Professor Layton. Sure, his games are NIntendo exclusive from my understanding, but he's not a Nintendo IP at all.

Sakurai isn't going to care about "Nintendo Exclusive" that much, because they can become non-exclusive at any moment. He's going to look at IPs owned by Nintendo. He said himself 3rd partiers will be scarce, and Mega Man is just a special exception (and please don't try to pretend Mega Man and Shantae are on the same level)
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#9albertojz356Posted 9/6/2013 1:14:24 PM
Yes please!
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#10MeanMotorScootePosted 9/6/2013 1:41:20 PM
MeepleLardicle posted...
You guys do realize Shantae has another game coming out on multiple consoles, including Non-Nintendo ones, right?

She was Nintendo exclusive, but she's not a Nintendo IP. Heck, the original game was a Capcom IP, it appears. Pirate's Curse, the new one, I can't find a publisher for, just says "may by Wayforward"

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, the new one coming out alongside Pirate's Curse, is not Nintendo exclusive. the other games were, but Nintendo exclusive =/= 1st party game. To give you a parallel, Professor Layton. Sure, his games are NIntendo exclusive from my understanding, but he's not a Nintendo IP at all.

Sakurai isn't going to care about "Nintendo Exclusive" that much, because they can become non-exclusive at any moment. He's going to look at IPs owned by Nintendo. He said himself 3rd partiers will be scarce, and Mega Man is just a special exception (and please don't try to pretend Mega Man and Shantae are on the same level)

Correction, it wasn't a Capcom IP, they published it but they didn't own the rights to the character or anything like that. It was a Wayforward IP then as it is now. Publisher =/= owner.