My Character Roster! Yay! (Warning: Long Post)

#11kbas1986(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 9:42:13 AM
yrag324 posted...
2 things:

1) Why aren't the Ice Climbers "classic Nintendo"?

2) Birdo hasn't ever been in a Yoshi game, he would be a Mario character.

Ice climbers I didn't put there only cause then I'd have to put Pit there, and it would snowball lol, it was an arbitrary decision

I know Birdo ain't Yoshi, I just thought they were lovers or something and wanted them to be closer together and in all honesty, base off things like MK: Double Dash, I would bet that her character icon thing would be an "egg" (like Yoshi, since they both that green and pink spotted eggs in double dash) over a "mushroom" like the Mario crew
---
3DS Friend Code: 3823-8512-0975
Nintendo Network ID: KBAS1986
#12HejiruPosted 9/17/2013 9:50:47 AM
Seems really good, but Birdo isn't a Yoshi character.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#13UberPyro64Posted 9/17/2013 10:00:31 AM
Take out: Birdo, Krystal.

Add in: Wolf, Lucario, Ike, Lucas
---
Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Official Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/
#14ChrisCanbergPosted 9/17/2013 10:03:36 AM
I would be very happy with this roster.
#15kbas1986(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 10:03:45 AM
Hejiru posted...
Seems really good, but Birdo isn't a Yoshi character.

lol everyone is saying the same thing --

guys i'm totally aware birdo isnt a yoshi character, however in all of the Kart, Party, Sports games in recent history, Yoshi&Birdo have been depicted as a couple -- and determining "what brand of character" someone is is only useful for the icon they have behind their stock

ie - super mario has a "mushroom" & yoshi has a "spotted egg" & wario has a "W"

therefore -- i think with the pairings with yoshi, and seeing that her eggs look EXACTLY like yoshi's but with pink instead of green: http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/files/2013/02/yoshi-birdo.jpg

it stands to reason her character icon (if she's even included, which is a long shot at that) could be an egg instead of a mushroom
---
#16kbas1986(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 10:56:06 AM
UberPyro64 posted...

so essentially, you think the realistically one character will be cut. Toon link.

unfortunately, i think it will be more than one. It'd be nice to see everyone return, but i was trying to be realistic about who they might choose to cut if they were to go with 5 cuts again.

also, Krystal would be a nice change up to the StarFox representation, and birdo is just a personal preference of mine.

but yeah, i think expecting only one cut is going to leave you pretty disappointed - and the 4 that you named to "add in" i think would be on the chopping block if they were to hypothetically cut 5 again (unless you can think of 4 current characters to replace them as the ones to be cut?)
---
#17kbas1986(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 11:36:25 AM
ChrisCanberg posted...
I would be very happy with this roster.

i'm glad so many people are happy with this roster -- i'm happy with it too :D

yay! community!
---
#18RedFlyNinjaPosted 9/17/2013 11:38:56 AM
I cannot believe you said Birdo

And i cannot believe you said Birdo is a yoshi character
---
KING K ROOL FOR SUPER SMASH BROS 4!
#19UberPyro64Posted 9/17/2013 11:48:54 AM
kbas1986 posted...
UberPyro64 posted...

so essentially, you think the realistically one character will be cut. Toon link.

unfortunately, i think it will be more than one. It'd be nice to see everyone return, but i was trying to be realistic about who they might choose to cut if they were to go with 5 cuts again.

also, Krystal would be a nice change up to the StarFox representation, and birdo is just a personal preference of mine.

but yeah, i think expecting only one cut is going to leave you pretty disappointed - and the 4 that you named to "add in" i think would be on the chopping block if they were to hypothetically cut 5 again (unless you can think of 4 current characters to replace them as the ones to be cut?)

The difference between Melee and Brawl is that in Melee that had characters like Pichu and Doctor Mario that were complete wastes and Brawl didn't. All the characters of Brawl were good additions to the series. Toon Link being in the ST Stage makes me think he'll be cut for sure.and I do think there will be at least 3 cuts but I don't know who they could be.

Lucas is the only other Mother rep and just as important as Ness in that series and are the only two ever possible reps since the series is dead. So I don't think he'll go anywhere.

Lucario is like Mewtwo getting advertised a lot so I don't think they'll take him out.

Wolf is overall more important to the series than Krystal and Star Fox is pretty much dead and the remake we did get didn't even have her.

Ike was DLC in FE:A and had a really unique moveset unlike Roy so he has a better than Roy ever did but probably is next in line after Toon Link.

The point is, I'm willing to bet Sakurai said there could be cuts but he's still working on the game so he'll try to fit in as many as he can. We'll just have to wait and see.
---
Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Official Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/
#20kbas1986(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 12:02:39 PM
UberPyro64 posted...

The difference between Melee and Brawl is that in Melee that had characters like Pichu and Doctor Mario that were complete wastes and Brawl didn't. All the characters of Brawl were good additions to the series. Toon Link being in the ST Stage makes me think he'll be cut for sure.and I do think there will be at least 3 cuts but I don't know who they could be.

Lucas is the only other Mother rep and just as important as Ness in that series and are the only two ever possible reps since the series is dead. So I don't think he'll go anywhere.

Lucario is like Mewtwo getting advertised a lot so I don't think they'll take him out.

Wolf is overall more important to the series than Krystal and Star Fox is pretty much dead and the remake we did get didn't even have her.

Ike was DLC in FE:A and had a really unique moveset unlike Roy so he has a better than Roy ever did but probably is next in line after Toon Link.

The point is, I'm willing to bet Sakurai said there could be cuts but he's still working on the game so he'll try to fit in as many as he can. We'll just have to wait and see.

i think you make some good points, however:

1) i hope lucas stays lol -- he's seriously my favorite character. I only meant that if they HAVE to hypothetically cut 5 people again -- he'd be a more likely cut than say.... "Wario" purely due to how similar he is to an existing character (Ness)

2) if it comes down to choosing BETWEEN lucario and mewtwo -- i believe they will go with Mewtwo since he's (as far as anyone knows so far) the ONLY pokemon to have TWO Mega-Evolutions - and has been in several official trailers for the new game (lucario's been in one with a split screen of 4 others) and also Mewtwo is the star of the new, most-current gen-related movie.

3) Ike was DLC, yes -- but his DLC wasn't even remotely story-related. factually, the game has chosen the most-recent starring lord every time. This time would be Chrom. -- again only if they HAVE to remove characters for whatever the reason, and in that case -- in the actual FE:A game, Chrom and Ike both had the move "Aether" -- they could extremely easily just make Chrom the new Ike by appearance only

4) i will never disagree that Wolf is more important to the overall StarFox series -- again simply stating that if they HAVE to cut (say 5 people), then wolf is in danger -- and if they want to introduce new blood into the series, Krystal has been in a few games.

-- all in all, i do understand what youre saying -- but if Sakurai does decide to hypothetically cut 5 characters again, who would you choose as the 5 to be cut based on the current roster?
---