This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OMG!!! Character confirmed for... for... OMG!!!

#51Chzrm3Posted 9/18/2013 9:57:54 PM
Majora787 posted...
Having an opinion is being an ass. Got it.

No. It is not lovingly crafted. It is literally something created to bastardize Brawl for not being Melee........ It's entirely understandable that you just despise people who have different opinions from you, and I am sure it will get you only the farthest in life.

Project M is amazing. If you disagree, then show me the fan mod that you've worked on for years that's better than PM. Show me anything you've done in your spare time or, heck, even your career, that's more exceptional than PM.

I'm willing to bet you don't have anything that even comes close. People like you, who tear down others for working hard and being passionate, usually haven't produced anything of value or substance - if you had, you'd know how difficult it was to make, and you'd never lambaste someone else for doing the same.

Go ahead. Make the "better" fan mod that you seem to want. Come back when you're done.

I'll be waiting!
---
If Smash 4 gets more DK reps, I'll achieve Nirvana and never want anything again.
Dixie, K. Rool, Funky, Lanky........... Mmmmmmm yeeaaaaaa!!!!
#52Someguy_13Posted 9/18/2013 10:06:03 PM
DavemanCosman posted...
Luigifan141 posted...
Guys, this is a lot more of a big deal than you think it really is. This video isn't really meant to show off Roy as much as it is for showcasing the Clone Engine, a way to add characters into Brawl without removing any existing ones in the process. This means that you can add Mewtwo into Brawl without replacing Lucario, along with many other characters being added into the game. This Clone Engine has been in development hell for the past three years, and I'm very excited about it's completion!

In other words, this isn't just about Roy being in Project M; it's also about other characters being added in any version of SSBB. We can finally play Brawl with the five removed Melee characters, and that's what's so amazing about all of this. The PMBR are wizards.

Now if only they added Kirby, Yoshi and the Ice Climbers, I would be more willing to play Project M.

Those characters haven't been removed, they're just in development.

I remember reading that they're having some trouble with them that's delaying their inclusion

Kirby needs every other character's neutral B to be balanced in order for his to be.
Nana of the Ice Climber's AI has to be able to account for all the changes in the engine.

That kinda stuff, but they'll be there eventually. They haven't been cut.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#53NonTurtlePosted 9/18/2013 10:32:54 PM
I'm a huge Project M fan and I'm borderline foaming from the mouth right now. I mained Roy in melee, despite him being low tier, but him being in Project M is like the best thing friggin' ever jesus christ i'm so happy i'm more hyped for Project M than Smash 4 now that's pretty sad actually dammit Sakurai step it up. ....That was a very long sentence.
---
Intriguing.
http://strawpoll.me/309817
#54AnnoyingCornGuyPosted 9/18/2013 11:01:42 PM
Take this with a grain of salt, but there was a deleted post by a PMBR member mentioning that Lyn and Mewtwo are also in the works. I heard this second-hand from a friend, so it could be lies or something else of that shady nature. I know how a lot of you feel about Lyn, I think we all do. But I for one, am thrilled at this possibility. As soon as I heard about Roy I was certain about Mewtwo, so I'm not trying to down-play him by talking about Lyn. But Lyn was quite a pleasant surprise.

Now I'm looking forward to the completion of two Smash games. I've been satisfied with Brawl Minus for a while now, but Project M has effectively captured my attention.
#55MusicVisualizerPosted 9/19/2013 9:02:15 AM
AnnoyingCornGuy posted...
Take this with a grain of salt, but there was a deleted post by a PMBR member mentioning that Lyn and Mewtwo are also in the works. I heard this second-hand from a friend, so it could be lies or something else of that shady nature. I know how a lot of you feel about Lyn, I think we all do. But I for one, am thrilled at this possibility. As soon as I heard about Roy I was certain about Mewtwo, so I'm not trying to down-play him by talking about Lyn. But Lyn was quite a pleasant surprise.

Now I'm looking forward to the completion of two Smash games. I've been satisfied with Brawl Minus for a while now, but Project M has effectively captured my attention.

I don't think the PMBR would drop more than just hints right now.
---
Music for the eyes.
#56SKStylezPosted 9/19/2013 9:15:27 AM
AnnoyingCornGuy posted...

they didn't develop the clone engine for one character, we -KNOW- Mewtwo is coming, and Pichu as well. It IS project Melee after all.

I just wonder if they are going to be adding new characters, I don't think it would sit well with Nintendo. If they do it after Smash 4 is released that would be better.
#57BlulightningPosted 9/19/2013 9:25:13 AM
stfn12345 posted...
And you once again prove that you know nothing about any of the Smash Bros metagames

More vague condescending nonsense.

stfn12345 posted...
But the fact is, and you can see this in the growing popularity of Smash Bros modding going back to the very beginning, speed and tripping weren't the root of the problem. When Smash modding first started the main alterations were removing tripping and speeding up gameplay because people believed that to be the root of the problem, but you know what? The game still sucked (opinions).

You contradict yourself here.
First you say modding goes back to "the very beginning", which I can only assume means when modding itself began (which was actually back in Melee). Then you state that the first things they did were remove tripping and speeding up the game.

In any case, no, the first mod attempts were to add online play to Melee. Brawl's problems were in tripping and slowness, because it had already added online play, so they removed tripping and sped the game up with Project M.... because they are modders, they obviously wanted to do "more", like any modding team does for any game, and so they continued tweaking things and adding stuff, like new stages, characters, and etc.

Also you point out how "the game still sucked" is nothing more than an opinion.... Which does nothing but express exactly what I said earlier and prove my own point.

Many of the gameplay tweaks, in my opinion, are what ruins Project M. They are pointless and stupid. There should not be a massive combo system, and everyone's sweet spot should NOT be 50 million miles wide. I think those tweaks are distasteful and undermine what the game is about, as well as skill-play despite how high the learning curve is on some of additions.
Learning curve does not equal Skill. You seem to not understand this as you earlier stated that Brawl had "shallow learning curve" which is a very nonsensical criticism since learning curves should never be long because that just means things are not explained well enough or are fundamentally not very approachable.
Learning curves should be short, despite any deapth in gameplay, because this means that everyone can understand the basics and therefore develop deeper gameplay mechanics using strategy, skill, and etc....

Though the idea that the vast majority of fighting games have these days, where combos should be incredibly hard to time and a billion buttons long is very common.... And some people like that trash and try to memorize million button sequences in order to have "perfect games".

This is somehow seen as "competitive", yet to me this is nothing more than muscle reflex nonsense. People wasting their lives. If I cared at all about someone's muscle tone I'd go watch a weight-lifting contest where everyone is on steroids.

But because that does not appeal to me, and I honestly don't care how much muscle a person can grow. I'm more of a strategic, tactical person... I Enjoy games where skill and tactic actually counts for something and that people can't infinite-combo their way to a pointless "victory".

So yeah... I don't know anything about Brawl's "metagame". Sure.... My criticism of your arguments has NOTHING to do with how vague and logically unsound they are, or how they are based on nothing more than your opinion... Riiiight........

stfn12345 posted...
It wasn't until people started reviving the higher end gameplay mechanics that the scene started to build up steam.

Or, like all modding scenes, it took time before anyone even noticed them.
And since I've modded games myself in the past... I think I might know a thing or two about it, ya know? *shrug*
---
U r Brane Splode'd!
#58stfn12345Posted 9/19/2013 11:27:17 AM
Blulightning posted...
*You say a bunch of nonsensical stuff*

Never mind, you clearly don't want to be taught so I see no reason to continue this exchange. I'm not going to argue with someone who wants to argue for the sake of argument. It's pointless and nobody gains anything in the end.
#59quinfordmacPosted 9/19/2013 11:30:48 AM
Now let me tell you 'bout a guy name Roy
He attacks with THE FYRE! and he is our boy.
He debuted in Super Smash Bros. Melee
Now he's back, here again, to unleash the pain

Came up with this while walking home from school.
---
Not changing this signature until the Cleveland Browns win a super bowl, most likely never. Signed 4/24/13
THE BROWNS TRADED TRENT RICHARDSON 9/19/13