Sakurai has a** backwards logic

#1capturinggod200Posted 9/26/2013 9:07:25 AM
His reasons for getting rid of Roy,Young Link, and Pichu were because they were clone characters yet he brings back Toon Link who has one different move from regular Link in which he aerial slice instead of kick because his legs are short everything else is a carbon copy of TP Link moves except animation style because he is toonish.
#2RedFlyNinjaPosted 9/26/2013 9:11:51 AM
Thanks,You broke my brain
---
KING K ROOL FOR SUPER SMASH BROS 4!
#3ItsKaljinyuTimePosted 9/26/2013 9:11:58 AM
I miss Roy too, I wish he could be in.

But I think he was cut because Ike was in town. Besides, this isn't the first thing Sakurai has changed his mind about.
---
Kaljinyu
#4ViewtifulGinaPosted 9/26/2013 9:12:48 AM
There's sort of a difference between cutting a clone who is a one-shot protagonist from a region-locked game in a relatively minor series and keeping a clone who is a protagonist representing a major segment of a major series. There's sort of a difference in cutting a clone who is a mascot who fell out of attention after the GBC era and a clone who continues to star in games.
#5LUlGIPosted 9/26/2013 9:13:51 AM
But wasn't Roy supposed to be in Brawl?
Young Link got replaced by a clone who wasn't as cloney.
And Pichu, did you really care about Pichu?
Really?
---
M&M: Mahvel & Melee
3DS FC: 4725 7977 1418
#6capturinggod200(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 9:15:30 AM
Them staying could have gotten them more games though it worked for Pit who until now was from a dead franchise and forgotten franchise.
#7harvestmoonmikePosted 9/26/2013 9:16:00 AM
It's not because they were clones.

Roy was replaced by Ike
Pichu was replaced by Lucario
Young Link was replaced by Toon Link

I'm sure being clones didn't help their case, but I don't think it was the deciding factor for being cut, their relevancy is a much more concrete theory.

...Although I guess you could throw that out the window for this new game, Twilight Princess Link instead of Skyward Sword Link, and Wind Waker Link instead of a Link Between Worlds Link... Seems to me that they're taking the easy route, transferring everyone from Brawl to this game and just updating them slightly.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6t4FNRD.png
Duck Hunt Dog for Smash Bros.
#8atomicrebirthPosted 9/26/2013 9:16:04 AM
capturinggod200 posted...
everything else is a carbon copy of TP Link moves except animation style because he is toonish.

Lol no
---
"Could Sora survive a Kamehameha?" "It depends on how good you are at pressing triangle." -bladeofnintendo
3DS: 1375-8113-3652 (Oscar)
#9Seb_RamorayPosted 9/26/2013 9:17:23 AM
harvestmoonmike posted...
It's not because they were clones.

Roy was replaced by Ike
Pichu was replaced by Lucario
Young Link was replaced by Toon Link

I'm sure being clones didn't help their case, but I don't think it was the deciding factor for being cut, their relevancy is a much more concrete theory.

...Although I guess you could throw that out the window for this new game, Twilight Princess Link instead of Skyward Sword Link, and Wind Waker Link instead of a Link Between Worlds Link... Seems to me that they're taking the easy route, transferring everyone from Brawl to this game and just updating them slightly.

How was Pichu replaced by Lucario? Ike is similar to Roy and Toon is similar to young, but Lucario is completely 100% not a replacement for a Pikachu clone.
---
Dimentio in Super Smash Big Brother
Hey Mikey... http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/559/445/6d4.jpg
#10capturinggod200(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 9:18:07 AM
LUlGI posted...
But wasn't Roy supposed to be in Brawl?
Young Link got replaced by a clone who wasn't as cloney.
And Pichu, did you really care about Pichu?
Really?

Toon Link had one different move an aerial slice they could have easily kept Young Link but slightly altered his moveset to include the masks from Majora's mask.