This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what is wrong with having the full roster at the start of the game?

#21SearchBomberPosted 9/26/2013 7:27:06 PM
People who paid $60 for a primarily-multiplayer game won't get the rich single-player experience that they expect, silly.

http://i.imgur.com/qxkM6JV.jpg
---
Play Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary. It's a good game.
Anticipate Puyo Puyo Tetris, though it'll probably be a trainwreck.
#22gamerboy100Posted 9/26/2013 7:44:10 PM
CaptainBang posted...
This was certainly not a problem in Melee or 64 thanks to the data being in a card/cartridge, but when it comes to Brawl? That's a massive problem because me and my friends can't play with the complete roster ASAP, making us either play with a limited roster or we play "Unlock the character" for an hour... neither of which are as fun as just playing every character.

Have you tried using an SD card? Those can be used as memory cards for the Wii.
#23SmallerRidleyPosted 9/26/2013 7:45:51 PM
CaptainBang posted...
This was certainly not a problem in Melee or 64 thanks to the data being in a card/cartridge, but when it comes to Brawl? That's a massive problem because me and my friends can't play with the complete roster ASAP, making us either play with a limited roster or we play "Unlock the character" for an hour... neither of which are as fun as just playing every character.

Have you tried putting Brawl's save data on an SD card?
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#24P00DGEPosted 9/26/2013 7:47:49 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
CaptainBang posted...

Wait, is this ever even a problem to begin with? After about a month after Brawl came out, I have NEVER been in a situation where someone didn't have all the characters unlocked on their system anyway......
#25Dsurions_WrathPosted 9/26/2013 7:49:19 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
CaptainBang posted...

This. You can't copy Brawl's data onto an SD card. Unless you chose for your save file to be on it initially (I believe you can anyway, not sure how I can't remember since I had to re-unlock everything this past week due to getting a new copy) you're not getting it on there.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#26ItsKaljinyuTimePosted 9/26/2013 7:49:37 PM
You can't save Brawl data to an SD card. Same with Mario Kart Wii, I think. It has to do with online stuff, I think it was.
---
Kaljinyu
#27SmallerRidleyPosted 9/26/2013 7:49:42 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
CaptainBang posted...

Wait, is this ever even a problem to begin with? After about a month after Brawl came out, I have NEVER been in a situation where someone didn't have all the characters unlocked on their system anyway......

Friends who didn't have Brawl in the first place wouldn't have save data.

I will say I never had a problem with it myself, because the Wii is easily portable.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#28gamerboy100Posted 9/26/2013 7:51:43 PM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
SmallerRidley posted...
CaptainBang posted...

This. You can't copy Brawl's data onto an SD card. Unless you chose for your save file to be on it initially (I believe you can anyway, not sure how I can't remember since I had to re-unlock everything this past week due to getting a new copy) you're not getting it on there.

Oops, I didn't realize that. Sorry. :(
#29DarkAres_02Posted 9/26/2013 7:52:13 PM
I think some sort of cloud save system or even memory card could alleviate this problem. I mean like TC mentioned, the N64 saved on the cartridge so you could carry your save data. Melee saved on the GCN memory card, so same deal. I think you can save Brawl data on a SD card? Not sure.

And not sure how save storage works on Wii U.
---
Waiting for: SMT x Fire Emblem, Watch Dogs, rain, and Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode
Support Operation Decode!
#30justdontaskPosted 9/26/2013 8:54:10 PM
im a big fan of the old fashioned cheat codes. you know, press up up down down left right left right A B start select, on the title screen. give us THAT for unlocking all characters, and the normal way. bring the disc to a friends house? use the code! using the disc on your own console? play the game!

this hurts nobody, cant take very long to add in on the devs side, and nobody can realistically be upset about this. its an OPTION.
---
i rarely return to topics i post in, if you have a problem with my posts, PM me.