This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did you pick your main?

#1MrFingers07Posted 9/28/2013 10:13:21 PM
Well? - Results (368 votes)
Because the fighting style suits me.
50.54% (186 votes)
Becuase it's my favorite character, regardless of its fighting style.
38.86% (143 votes)
Other.
10.6% (39 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Well since I suck at explaining things...

The first option is for those people who picked their mains because they like how the character fights, you might not care for the character in their series. Like for example, you might like how Link plays but never really cared about the LoZ series.

The second option is for those people who will stick with their favorite character no matter what because they liked the character outside of smash or whatever. Like for example , you love Link because of the LoZ series, and in all Smash games you mained Link and will keep on maining him regardless of how good/bad he is.

Other is for other reasons, lol

Sorry if I didn't explain certain things good enough. :/
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#2CopShow GuyPosted 9/28/2013 10:21:39 PM(edited)
It's a mix of both. I'm pretty bad with the fastest of the speedy characters, so I stay away from them. I picked characters that I like that aren't really fast. Then again, I can't think of too many that I would like to main if I could play speedsters better anyway.

Brawl: Pokemon Trainer has a mix of playstyles and I really liked the mechanic of how he worked. I had to work hard to keep Squirtle up to par though. I pretty much decided to main him the day I saw him revealed on the Dojo.

Melee: Peach was probably my best, but she was easy to play. Dr. Mario handled well for me and had a black outfit that looked cool.

64: Luigi handled really nicely for me and reminded me of all the times I was player 2 when playing Super Mario Bros.
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#3Someguy_13Posted 9/28/2013 10:18:43 PM
Other: I find them the most fun.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#4inTaCtfuLPosted 9/28/2013 10:20:33 PM
Someguy_13 posted...

doesn't that mean the first option though
---
i7-3970X Extreme ~ Asus Rampage IV Extreme ~ 32 GB DDR3-2133 ~ 10 TB 7200RPM ~ 500 GB SSD ~ 690 x2 ~ 1200 W PSU Gold ~
#5Phoenixmon2Posted 9/28/2013 10:26:07 PM
Falcons are my favorite animal, he had speed and power, he was automatically the coolest character.
#6albertojz356Posted 9/28/2013 10:26:56 PM
It's a combination of the first two choices.
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#7Doug314Posted 9/28/2013 10:27:37 PM
Other: fun to use, regardless of how good I am with the fighting style or how much I like the character.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool for SSB for Wii U and SSB for 3DS!
#8RyoukaiPosted 9/28/2013 10:31:38 PM
inTaCtfuL posted...
Someguy_13 posted...

doesn't that mean the first option though

It doesn't have to be, but enjoying playing as the character is a major part of them suiting you.

For example, my main is Falcon, because I'm suited to the speed and air game. I happen to enjoy playing Game and Watch more though, because half of his attacks involve some sort of shenanigans. I find that I get too caught up in the shenanigans to perform well though, which is why Falcon's my main.

I guess it could be argued that Game and Watch is more of a main for me than Falcon, if I take a match seriously, but my point is, most fun and most suited shouldn't be conflated.
---
The Official Luigi of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Boards
3DS FC: 5455-9721-8413
#9izichuPosted 9/28/2013 10:32:33 PM
Those thrusters on samus's back during her jump animation to coool
---
To true friendship, how long youve known each other means nothing
Mr. 2 Bon Clay (Bon Chan) -One Piece
#10PiechottaPosted 9/28/2013 10:54:49 PM
It really isn't so much that Donkey Kong's style suits me.
I"ve acquired DK's style over the last fourteen years of playing Smash..