Why did you pick your main?

#11Sword_SlasherPosted 9/29/2013 12:37:03 AM
I like characters that are fast with a lot of zone.
64: Pikachu
Melee: Luigi/Link
Brawl: TL
---
Posted from my N-Gage
#12ItsKaljinyuTimePosted 9/29/2013 12:39:50 AM
Ryoukai posted...
inTaCtfuL posted...
Someguy_13 posted...
Other: I find them the most fun.

doesn't that mean the first option though

I happen to enjoy playing Game and Watch more though, because half of his attacks involve some sort of shenanigans.

That sounds like Option 2, but I probably don't get it.
---
Kaljinyu
#13SimmedonPosted 9/29/2013 12:44:00 AM(edited)
It was Event 51 back when I was a noob that taught me how great midair combat with Jigglypuff was. Since then, it's become my real playstyle, though I can generally shift tactics as needed.

Mains:
64- Fox, Luigi
Melee- Jigglypuff, Doc.
Brawl- ROB, Meta Knight.
---
FC in profile. PS: False_hturT
"C'mon." http://www.oocities.org/hedric_wolfmane/Gilder_Gunslinger2.gif "Dance for me!" ~Gunslinger Gilder
#14XWolfOPosted 9/29/2013 12:46:59 AM
Because I like the character. I like how he looks and how he fights.

I've noticed that in every fighting game I play, if I like the character's looks, it means he plays awesomely. I know that's just a coincidence, but whatever. Works for me, and it makes it easier to choose my main.
---
Woof...
#15webbc99Posted 9/29/2013 1:13:24 AM
I'd never even heard of Fire Emblem when Marth was included in SSBM, but his fighting style was gelled with me instantly. I like sword users anyway, and had anticipated using link a fair amount, but he was too slow for me really.

Also I like characters with counter attacks.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: ARGH ZUBATS | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy III
#16rayneotaconPosted 9/29/2013 1:16:45 AM
I didn't pick him. He picked me. For victory is also my destiny.
#17GamersTavernPosted 9/29/2013 1:28:39 AM
I suck at everything in Smash, but the character I played best as was Roy from Melee, therefore, I mostly played as him. At the time, I didn't even know what Fire Emblem was, so I merely played as him because I liked his fighting style.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#18kukingina2Posted 9/29/2013 1:48:03 AM
other: his fighting style AND he's my favorite character
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#19AnnoyingCornGuyPosted 9/29/2013 1:49:38 AM
It was a little bit of both. Marth looked cool to me in Melee, I played him, started to like his playstyle, and eventually liked the character himself. Now I tend to play all of the Fire Emblem characters, and I don't know how to differentiate if it's because I love the series, or love the playstyles. So I picked other.
#20SuperSonicDBZPosted 9/29/2013 2:35:16 AM(edited)
Because they were my favorite characters before the game even came out..

64 it was Mario & Fox. Because I liked Mario & Fox. Pikachu was okay.

Melee it was Mewtwo. Screw the tier list. I learned Mewtwo's weaknesses and played to his strengths. I did pretty well for myself. I also still liked Fox and Mario.

Brawl - SONIC ALL THE WAY. (Decided on main-ing him before the game even was released) I learned to love his speed and Mario & Fox felt weaker for me. So it was all the Blue Blur. Donkey Kong did feel fun to play, so I did play him based off of how he felt. P.S: Lucario could go D.I.A.F. Sorry to his fans. He's cool in the PKMN world, but not in SSB... not unless he and Mewtwo can coexist.

That is all.

Edited for Spelling and Errors of the English Language variety.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A