This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's play a game. Here are 100 tokens to spend on adding characters to roster.

#1xbillydabossxPosted 9/30/2013 8:28:13 PM
Here's how it works:

With your 100 tokens, you can spend them on characters you would like to see in Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii-U. However, each character comes with a price.

N64 Veteran: 5 tokens.
Melee Veteran: 10 tokens.
Brawl Veteran: 20 tokens.
Newcomer from a series already represented by franchise icon in Smash: 30 tokens.
Newcomer from a series that is not represented by franchise icon in Smash: 40 tokens.

Any newcomer, regardless if they are first, second or third party, fall under the 40 token rule. That being said, the character's prerequisite has to be that he/she/it was in a video game on a Nintendo console at one point.

At the time of this posting, If your desired character is revealed on the official site for Super Smash Bros., then you receive double the token back for the amount you spent on the character to spend on potential new characters. Let's say you "purchase" Little Mac from the Punch-Out!! series, and he is revealed on the official site three weeks later. Not only would you get back the 40 tokens you paid to include him in Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii-U, you will also get an additional 40 tokens for getting the character's inclusion correct before his/hers/its reveal.

I will start the game off by purchasing:

Takamaru: -40 tokens
(Blue) Toad: -30 tokens
Marth: -10 tokens
Mewtwo: -10 tokens
Ness: -5 tokens
Yoshi: -5 tokens

Please feel free to track this topic if you would like to participate since this will be an on-going game. I look forward to hearing everyone's predictions!
---
-xbillydabossx
#2P00DGEPosted 9/30/2013 8:39:42 PM
Do we get double tokens back for listing veterans that are not revealed yet?

For example, if I choose Zelda or Meta Knight (neither of them are "revealed" yet), and they get revealed later, will I get double tokens back for them?
#3xbillydabossx(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 8:40:47 PM
P00DGE posted...
Do we get double tokens back for listing veterans that are not revealed yet?

For example, if I choose Zelda or Meta Knight (neither of them are "revealed" yet), and they get revealed later, will I get double tokens back for them?

Yes! Either it be a N64, Melee, or Brawl veteran, you will get double the coins back if you correctly predict the character.
---
-xbillydabossx
#4SKStylezPosted 9/30/2013 8:43:53 PM
Oh god... this is good! Time to splurge.

Shulk: -40
Isaac: -30
Mewtwo: -10
Zelda/Shiek: -10
Captain Falcon: -5
Yoshi: -5

Most of the veterans i play are already revealed. I don't care much for zelda/yoshi, but i had the coins to spare (and here i thought the prices were outrageous).

Oh Golden Sun IS represented in brawl, we've got music tracks :P. You can't prove otherwise!
#5DrOrpheus42Posted 9/30/2013 8:52:16 PM
xbillydabossx posted...
Newcomer from a series already represented by franchise icon in Smash: 30 tokens.
Newcomer from a series that is not represented by franchise icon in Smash: 40 tokens.

It's a neat idea, but I'm a little confused, why are new characters from already-represented series cheaper to purchase? Surely it would still take the same amount of resources to develop those newcomers, no? Or is it something relating to the nature of this game that I'm probably missing?
#6ItsKaljinyuTimePosted 9/30/2013 8:59:13 PM
One is more likely than the other.
---
Kaljinyu
#7SimmedonPosted 9/30/2013 9:00:57 PM
All 4 unrevealed N64 characters (C. Falcon, Ness, Yoshi, Jigglypuff): 80
Mewtwo, Game and Watch, Marth (if Isaac is 30. If not, remove Marth): 60/50
ROB: 40/30
Isaac: 0

Taking some safe bets here.
---
FC in profile. PS: False_hturT
"C'mon." http://www.oocities.org/hedric_wolfmane/Gilder_Gunslinger2.gif "Dance for me!" ~Gunslinger Gilder
#8any14coffeePosted 9/30/2013 9:09:00 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. Why not.

Ness (-5 tokens)
Yoshi (-5 tokens)
Marth (-10 tokens)
Mewtwo (-10 tokens)
Zelda (-10 tokens)
Diddy Kong (-20 tokens)
King Dedede (-20 tokens)
Wario (-20 tokens)

I'll play conservatively for now...
---
Little Mac in Survivor Smash Bros.
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl you find someone to carry you."
#9ItsKaljinyuTimePosted 9/30/2013 9:10:18 PM
I won't be diversifying my portfolio.

40 chips on Little Mac.
40 chips on Wonder Red.
20 chips on...

...Does Zero Suit Samus count? We know Samus has her Final Smash.
---
Kaljinyu
#10KittenLinaPosted 9/30/2013 9:12:12 PM
Lucina - 30

X Y girl -30

SMRPG Geno - 40? Or 30? Not sure... If 30, then Young Link.

I'll leave it at that for now. Honorable mentions go to Krystal/Dixie Kong.
---
jrb363 posted...Political correctness is killing this country.
Official Succubus of the SMT IV board.