Why is "Mario vs. Sonic vs. Mega Man vs. Pac-Man" always brought up?

#41Megaman1217Posted 10/2/2013 5:05:12 PM
mahboi posted...
Do people really think Mega Man's iconic status is comparable to Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man?

I would. I don't know if you played video games in the 80's, but Megaman put Capcom on the map. Megaman had 6 titles released on the NES alone, not to mention the countless titles he had on SNES, GB, GBA, DS, PS1-3, and XBox.

When Capcom tried to Kill him off in 2010, people tried to boycott most of capcoms releases that year and for years to come. When they tried to kill him off, they were givien the name Crapcom by their fans, and people flooded their FB page begging for him to be brought back.

When you have tens of thousands of people up in arms over one character's games being canceled, then yes they are Iconic Status.

__

Blue Bomber Returns
#42Pikachu942Posted 10/2/2013 5:07:26 PM
Megaman1217 posted...
mahboi posted...
Do people really think Mega Man's iconic status is comparable to Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man?

I would. I don't know if you played video games in the 80's, but Megaman put Capcom on the map. Megaman had 6 titles released on the NES alone, not to mention the countless titles he had on SNES, GB, GBA, DS, PS1-3, and XBox.

When Capcom tried to Kill him off in 2010, people tried to boycott most of capcoms releases that year and for years to come. When they tried to kill him off, they were givien the name Crapcom by their fans, and people flooded their FB page begging for him to be brought back.

When you have tens of thousands of people up in arms over one character's games being canceled, then yes they are Iconic Status.

__

Blue Bomber Returns

Not as iconic as those three though. Yes, he put Capcom on the map, but did start a phenomenon? Did he revive gaming? Did he create one of the biggest gaming rivalries of all time? You can guess who those three are.
---
Smash Big Brother: Simon Belmont, The Host, Hades Kitchen: Simon Belmont
In case you couln't tell...Belmont for Smash Bros.!
#43Megaman1217Posted 10/2/2013 5:43:53 PM
Pikachu942 posted...
Megaman1217 posted...
mahboi posted...

__

Blue Bomber Returns

Not as iconic as those three though. Yes, he put Capcom on the map, but did start a phenomenon? Did he revive gaming? Did he create one of the biggest gaming rivalries of all time? You can guess who those three are.

This my last post of the day that I can put up because I'm new so I won't be able to respond till tomorrow.

First I'd like to say that gaming has never really need to be revied since Megaman and Mario burst on to the scene along with the NES back in the 80's, so I'm not sure what you mean by gameing revivials unless you're talking about the birth of consol gaming. He was there when that started and, as you agreed with me, put Capcom on the map and gave them a Credable reputation for gaming.

You're right in the fact that he didn't start one of the greatest rivalries of all time like Sonic and Mario, nor did he start a phenomenon (lets face it there's only one Pacman).

But lets compare Megaman to Sonic and Mario (taking Pacman out of this because again he's the one that really started it all). Megaman has about the same number of games as Mario and a little more games than Sonic. He's also well known around the world like the other 2 especially in Japan. All three had TV shows back in the 90's and Megaman's lasted longer than Mario's and has had almost as many variations as Sonic's. Not to mention that Megaman has more Movies made than either one of the other two.

Now here's the clincher, as previously stated, Megaman had to survive death from its own company because of the fact that the creator of Megaman and Capcom had a falling out (something that any of the other Characters of the other games had to go through). That fact that so many people were up in arms about this for so many years (not just months but years) shows how beloved and Iconic the Character is. His attempted death by Capcom affected so many people around the world in the gameing community, and that alone show's how Iconic of a gaming Character that he is.

Going through all the facts, I have to say (speaking from somone who has seen it since the beginning), Megaman is definately on the same Iconic staus as Mario and Sonic. When you look at All the facts, How can you say any different?

__

Blue Bomber Returns
#44FlyingDeCowPosted 10/2/2013 5:50:14 PM
Megaman1217 posted...
Going through all the facts, I have to say (speaking from somone who has seen it since the beginning), Megaman is definately on the same Iconic staus as Mario and Sonic. When you look at All the facts, How can you say any different?

Megaman isn't a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon.
http://sega-addicts.murnaumusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Sonic-float1.jpg
---
When the Black Knight tossed Ragnell to Greil, it was actually meant as an attack.
Awakening is proof that the proper way to use Ragnell is to throw it.
#45Pikachu942Posted 10/2/2013 5:52:30 PM
Megaman1217 posted...
Pikachu942 posted...
Megaman1217 posted...
mahboi posted...

__

Blue Bomber Returns

This my last post of the day that I can put up because I'm new so I won't be able to respond till tomorrow.

First I'd like to say that gaming has never really need to be revied since Megaman and Mario burst on to the scene along with the NES back in the 80's, so I'm not sure what you mean by gameing revivials unless you're talking about the birth of consol gaming. He was there when that started and, as you agreed with me, put Capcom on the map and gave them a Credable reputation for gaming.

You're right in the fact that he didn't start one of the greatest rivalries of all time like Sonic and Mario, nor did he start a phenomenon (lets face it there's only one Pacman).

But lets compare Megaman to Sonic and Mario (taking Pacman out of this because again he's the one that really started it all). Megaman has about the same number of games as Mario and a little more games than Sonic. He's also well known around the world like the other 2 especially in Japan. All three had TV shows back in the 90's and Megaman's lasted longer than Mario's and has had almost as many variations as Sonic's. Not to mention that Megaman has more Movies made than either one of the other two.

Now here's the clincher, as previously stated, Megaman had to survive death from its own company because of the fact that the creator of Megaman and Capcom had a falling out (something that any of the other Characters of the other games had to go through). That fact that so many people were up in arms about this for so many years (not just months but years) shows how beloved and Iconic the Character is. His attempted death by Capcom affected so many people around the world in the gameing community, and that alone show's how Iconic of a gaming Character that he is.

__

Blue Bomber Returns

I like your facts, but Mario revived gaming (well, R.O.B did, but Mario made people want to play games again, in 85 before Megaman). Also, Mario has nearly 300 games, Megaman has 96, and Sonic has 81 (wow, you were right! Sonic soon to have 83, though). Otherwise, Megaman is not near them. He is simply not as well known. Sure, he has everything going for him, but when you're not as well known, it doesn't matter.
---
#46Pikachu942Posted 10/2/2013 5:53:13 PM
FlyingDeCow posted...
Megaman1217 posted...

My cousin works on that! although, to be fair, I don't think Mario was either. (I think Pac was once, though)
---
#47FlyingDeCowPosted 10/2/2013 5:59:05 PM
Pikachu942 posted...
FlyingDeCow posted...
Megaman1217 posted...

My cousin works on that! although, to be fair, I don't think Mario was either. (I think Pac was once, though)

That's cool! I've always wondered about those balloons. Do you know if the parade has ever had problems with high winds? I feel like giant balloons must be really unwieldy.
---
When the Black Knight tossed Ragnell to Greil, it was actually meant as an attack.
#48Pikachu942Posted 10/2/2013 6:00:15 PM
FlyingDeCow posted...
Pikachu942 posted...
FlyingDeCow posted...
Megaman1217 posted...

That's cool! I've always wondered about those balloons. Do you know if the parade has ever had problems with high winds? I feel like giant balloons must be really unwieldy.

See the original Sonic parade disaster for info on that. Also, yes, there are some problems, but that disaster was the worst they ever had, I believe.
---
#49FlyingDeCowPosted 10/2/2013 6:03:27 PM
Pikachu942 posted...
FlyingDeCow posted...
Pikachu942 posted...
FlyingDeCow posted...

See the original Sonic parade disaster for info on that. Also, yes, there are some problems, but that disaster was the worst they ever had, I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_S5P-Zr4Qw
Wow, it seems Sonic injured a police officer and a child.
---