Fire Emblem rep idea (Awakening SPOILERS!)

#1PunkNeverDiesPosted 10/9/2013 11:34:48 AM
I always see people discussing Chrom, Robin/Avatar, Lucina, Owain, and such -- but what if Sakurai decided against representing a hero?

Why not Validar? Or Aversa?

Both are major villains in Awakening, have amazing FS material with the whole "summoning Grima" thing, and both are Dark Magic users -- which sets them apart from the Blue-Haired Swordsman stererotype the series has going for it.

Not only that, but if there is a returning Adventure or Story mode, having a Fire Emblem villain could drive the story forward in a big way.

I think it's time to let the villains shine.
---
GT: PNDMike
#2kukingina2Posted 10/9/2013 11:36:21 AM
Validar and aversa were terrible villians (heck gangrel was better)

Arvis or the black knight are much better choices
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#3UberPyro64Posted 10/9/2013 11:37:43 AM
Not Chrom or Robin (main characters) so no chance of happening.

And even then it's more likely they'd add Chrom over Robin.
---
Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Official Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/
#4matthewthemanPosted 10/9/2013 11:46:15 AM
I say Walhart. He can use Axes, Lances, and Swords allowing for good moveset potential and versatile attacking. Plus he's the best villain in the game.
---
Official Dunsparce of every message board
3DS FC: 0087-3597-0870
#5Kyvos64Posted 10/9/2013 11:49:00 AM
UberPyro64 posted...
Not Chrom or Robin (main characters) so no chance of happening.

Lucina or Validar isn't impossible by any means. Lyn was one of four main characters in her game, and definitely not the most important, but she was the only one to make it as an AT. Lucina as the third main character or Validar as the main villain are possible.

That said, it's unlikely. Lucina would probably need to take the place of Marth, and that's probably not going to happen. To get back on topic, Validar would certainly be unique, but the other three would take priority, and Robin could do just as much as Validar.
---
Official too big for Smash Big Brother
#6i-am-a-giraffePosted 10/9/2013 11:49:51 AM
matthewtheman posted...
I say Walhart. He can use Axes, Lances, and Swords allowing for good moveset potential and versatile attacking. Plus he's the best villain in the game.

Plus he's a lobster. I've always said smash needs more lobsters.
---
Beedle in Hades' Kitchen.
Formerly known as: Toadsworth in Survivor and Big Brother
#7PunkNeverDies(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 12:01:24 PM(edited)
I don't get the whole"Validar is a terrible villain" sentiment. he didn't blow me away, but Fire Emblem has had much, much worse. He's a powerful and manipulative mage / assassin. He's the first character you see, and the last character you kill before Grima is awakened. He drives the whole game.

Walhart is pretty badass too, but I think he might be more of an anti-hero when all is said and done. Either way, Walhart would be pretty badass. (So would Basilio, come to think of it >_>)

Still, why do we have to have only "Main" characters? When did Sakurai say that was a rule?
---
GT: PNDMike
#8matthewthemanPosted 10/9/2013 12:02:24 PM
PunkNeverDies posted...

Walhart is pretty badass too, but I think he might be more of an anti-hero when all is said and done.

If Walhart is an anti-hero, so is Aversa, as the only reason she was evil was because Validar brainwashed her.

On another note, I think Gangrel could make for an interesting villain rep if he had a moveset based around his Levin Sword.
---
Official Dunsparce of every message board
3DS FC: 0087-3597-0870
#9Absolute23Posted 10/9/2013 12:12:12 PM
Fire Emblem can use a villain, and it wouldn't have to be the same villain from the game a hero rep is taken.

However, I'm started to get the feeling that they could switch Marth out for Lucina.
#10DrOrpheus42Posted 10/9/2013 1:32:07 PM
Nobody ever says Lyon. So I'm gonna say Lyon. Because I liked Lyon. Even if I didn't really like Sacred Stones.

...But no really, I'm not exactly sure why, but I genuinely do like Lyon. Maybe it was his background, where he wasn't just the usual evil cult leader that randomly takes over? Or maybe it was the two different sides of his character depending on which lead protagonist you chose? So yeah... if I have to pick a villain, then I'm picking Lyon. "Relevance" be damned.