This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You guys should really play Project M, though.

#141stfn12345Posted 10/22/2013 2:05:39 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...
stfn12345 posted...
NintendoDudeGuy posted...
And I heard that items were taken out, but I don't know if that's true.

Project M still has items.
A few of them inexplicably disappeared, though (try making them in Training Mode and a sticker drops...) If I remember right, the Timer was one of them.
Also, Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon merely shatter Smash Balls because they've been separated from Pokemon Trainer and haven't been programmed to use their separate Final Smash attacks (is that planned?).
And Samus is currently missing, so ZSS stays ZSS with a Final Smash.

All of the stuff you've mentioned is temporary for the demo versions. Project M is primarily a competitive hack so that's what's taking the top priority first. Then they're going to go back and fix items, final smashes, single player, and finally do the international versions.

Do you think sticker drops will ever be disabled?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean sticker drops as in natural sticker drops from the original game, or the way that the timer causes stickers to spawn instead? The reason stickers drop is because originally the timer froze the game so they replaced it with stickers until they could fix it. The plan is for Project M to be fully playable both casually and competitively eventually. So yes, I'm sure one day (potentially soon; demo 3.0 is coming by the end of the year and their stretch goal is to include the rest of the roster + Roy/Mewtwo) stickers will only appear when they're "supposed to".

Hope that helps, but unfortunately I'm not a member of the PMBR and only know as much as I do because I'm a fairly active member of the PM community on Smashboards.
#142PlasmaCannonPosted 10/22/2013 2:08:26 PM
stfn12345 posted...
I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean sticker drops as in natural sticker drops from the original game, or the way that the timer causes stickers to spawn instead? The reason stickers drop is because originally the timer froze the game so they replaced it with stickers until they could fix it. The plan is for Project M to be fully playable both casually and competitively eventually. So yes, I'm sure one day (potentially soon; demo 3.0 is coming by the end of the year and their stretch goal is to include the rest of the roster + Roy/Mewtwo) stickers will only appear when they're "supposed to".

Hope that helps, but unfortunately I'm not a member of the PMBR and only know as much as I do because I'm a fairly active member of the PM community on Smashboards.

I mean that stickers not drop at all. I love playing with items but loathe getting stickers instead of an item drop especially from the carrier items.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#143stfn12345Posted 10/22/2013 2:15:35 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...
stfn12345 posted...

I mean that stickers not drop at all. I love playing with items but loathe getting stickers instead of an item drop especially from the carrier items.

Oh, right. I have no idea if that's on the table. I can't imagine it being a terribly difficult code (I bet it already exists), but I have no idea if there's any demand for it (aside from you, obviously). It will be interesting to see how the community input will change once the roster is finished and items start being worked on. Who knows, maybe when the "important" things are all done with the people who are interested in items will start asking for item centric changes. I'll keep that in mind when the time comes and do my best to push for the death of stickers (not that I have any real power aside from being a fan). They're pretty annoying whenever I play with my older brother.

But again, I'd be surprised if there wasn't already a code to remove stickers, in which case I bet someone would be more than willing to help you inject it into the Project M gct file for you if you asked around on some forums.
#144Chzrm3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 3:42:00 PM
AlbinoCrocodile posted...
I disliked Melee from deviating away from what made the original fun. The original was floaty, based on single hits, and didn't try to pretend to be more than what it was. Brawl brought that back with some nice features, but Project M is a joke that should die.

"single hits" what does that mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSRCXAb7XLo

You only need to watch the first :22 seconds.

There were NASTY follow-ups in Smash 64. Not on Melee's level, but look at that Pikachu combo and tell me that's just a single hit. Do you actually know what you're talking about? : P
---
If Smash 4 gets more DK reps, I'll achieve Nirvana and never want anything again.
Dixie, Funky, Lanky, Cranky........... Mmmmmmm yeeaaaaaa!!!!
#145stfn12345Posted 10/22/2013 3:50:07 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
I disliked Melee from deviating away from what made the original fun. The original was floaty, based on single hits, and didn't try to pretend to be more than what it was. Brawl brought that back with some nice features, but Project M is a joke that should die.

There were NASTY follow-ups in Smash 64. Not on Melee's level, but look at that Pikachu combo and tell me that's just a single hit. Do you actually know what you're talking about? : P

To be fair he probably played 64 when he was really young. I know I didn't realize there were combos in 64 until I went back years later.
#146Chzrm3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 10:30:34 AM
stfn12345 posted...
Chzrm3 posted...

To be fair he probably played 64 when he was really young. I know I didn't realize there were combos in 64 until I went back years later.

Ya, no doubt. My response would've been totally different if he hadn't ended his post with "PM is a joke that should die".
---
If Smash 4 gets more DK reps, I'll achieve Nirvana and never want anything again.
Dixie, Funky, Lanky, Cranky........... Mmmmmmm yeeaaaaaa!!!!