I don't know about you guys, but my hype is dead.

#71Dragongreen547Posted 10/14/2013 10:26:27 PM
Austin_4e posted...
Dragongreen547 posted...
Didn't this same thing happen with brawl? For awhile the only newcomers we knew of were Wario, Snake, Pit and Zero suit Samus. I think. That's all they had on the dojo. Until one day they revamped the dojo with all new stuff! Yeahhhhh. So that might happen for this game too.

The difference was they didn't start daily updates until a year after Brawl was announced. They started daily updates with Smash 4 immediately and because of that they have nothing to show. So far it just looks like Brawl again, but without tripping. And as cool as Megaman is, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer aren't giant hype bombs that are going to move Wii U consoles and sell this game. The roster needs to have good leeway over Brawl's otherwise what's the point?

/rant

Maybe he isn't finished yet with the heavy hitters?
---
She got it, you got it, I got it, we got it.
#72Austin_4ePosted 10/14/2013 10:34:15 PM
Dragongreen547 posted...
Austin_4e posted...
Dragongreen547 posted...
Didn't this same thing happen with brawl? For awhile the only newcomers we knew of were Wario, Snake, Pit and Zero suit Samus. I think. That's all they had on the dojo. Until one day they revamped the dojo with all new stuff! Yeahhhhh. So that might happen for this game too.

The difference was they didn't start daily updates until a year after Brawl was announced. They started daily updates with Smash 4 immediately and because of that they have nothing to show. So far it just looks like Brawl again, but without tripping. And as cool as Megaman is, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer aren't giant hype bombs that are going to move Wii U consoles and sell this game. The roster needs to have good leeway over Brawl's otherwise what's the point?

/rant

Maybe he isn't finished yet with the heavy hitters?

Which is definitely possible, but you gotta remember when Melee and Brawl were announced, both had TONS of newcomers in their reveal trailers alone and they were definitely heavy hitters.

Smash 4 on the other hand only had three. One was literally picked because no one wanted her. Villager isn't much of an exciting fighter. And Megaman is awesome, but only Megaman fans really care. It's not hard to see why Smash 4 hype is dead in the water.
---
http://i.imgur.com/BNZWG.gif | http://i.imgur.com/Qh8jO.gif |http://i.imgur.com/QwY3n.gif
[[ PSN / WiiU / Steam: Austin_4e ]]
#73R_ChampPosted 10/14/2013 11:08:16 PM
And this topic is more proof that the majority of gamers have the attention span of a goldfish...a dead one...

I think the hype is lower with lack of newcomers because the game is pretty darn far off. Revealing all the biggest changes right at the beginning would be stupid. In a couple of month we'll get Bayonetta, or Shulk, or Ridley, or Chrom, or some other character that people are wanting...but not before we get more Marth, Falco, G&W, and the like to fill time.
#74MetalKirbyPlushPosted 10/14/2013 11:39:14 PM
The people trying to relive Brawl hype need to get a reality check and pay attention to other games. I would agree that my hype is very weak for this game, but I also recognize that the game won't be out very likely until either Q3 or Q4 of next year (maybe earlier if we're lucky). There's no reason to try to manage sustaining lots of hype throughout a full year or it's going to wear people down and make the release a substantial disappointment right off the bat.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#75BrnHeatAAPosted 10/15/2013 5:09:50 AM
pbandjames posted...

Continual hype is too early. Do other things.

---
"God Wubs You" www.youtube.com/user/Rszkwski623
I believe in SANDBAG
#76DarkBowser554Posted 10/15/2013 6:09:30 AM
Agree. My hype is slowly dying too. I was able to keep it alive during the SSBB dojo days but this is just a yawn feat. May come back in a few months to see what's new (Lucas and Ness confirmed!!) haaa...
---
SSBB FC: 1936-5176-4996
#77Terminator_x20Posted 10/15/2013 6:18:53 AM
sylawatch posted...
I was so excited after the trailer and on this board and others constantly. Talking about newcomers and what we expect etc etc. But now my hype is dead, I cant even think about Smash now with excitement. Sakuraii sure knows how to kill the hype. How disappointing.

I agree with you on the hype dying! The more they keep showin pictures, and videos of this game. The more I feel like they're just teasing us with something that doesn't exist.
#78SSBR10Posted 10/15/2013 7:12:35 AM(edited)
It's no surprise that the hype for some people is going thin. I knew this was gonna happen though. It's been months since we saw any newcomers, which is probably the most exciting thing right now (as far as news, that is) and since then, we've just been getting returning characters. If we can at least get gameplay videos or trailers, then I'm sure that would be enough keep people's attention until we FINALLY see some more newcomers like most people are waiting on. I mean, Mega Man was one of my most wanted characters and I'm glad he's in but he's not the ONLY character I want.

R_Champ posted...
In a couple of month we'll get Bayonetta, or Shulk, or Ridley, or Chrom, or some other character that people are wanting...but not before we get more Marth, Falco, G&W, and the like to fill time.

Bayonetta is no way a shoe-in so I wouldn't even place her as likely as any 1st party character.
---
Little Mac, Wonder Red, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Tekken vs. Dead or Alive, Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter please
#79NegiSpringf1eldPosted 10/15/2013 7:20:59 AM
I don't see the point in getting increased hype, especially since this title is still at least 6+ months out (if we don't see it before this time next year, Wii U is screwed.). Brawl is precisely why we don't need endless hype.

Sonic had the first level of gameplay we've seen since reveal, but he was more of a sigh of relief than anything hype worthy (and maybe now he won't be terrible since he wasn't shoehorned in at the last second).
---
"Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
I'm looking forward to the next Pokemon movie." ~ Team Rocket Elite
#80earthbound197Posted 10/15/2013 7:49:38 AM
Buckle in for next Christmas. That's what I'm telling MYSELF so I don't get dissapointed when/if they tell us to wait till 2014 holidays. If I'm wrong and it's earlier, hooray!

Used copies will abound shortly thereafter anyway.....
---
"The problem is not when you see the big spider. It's when the big spider disappears."