C/D Project M fans are the WORST part of this fanbase.

#51LevelmasterPosted 10/21/2013 1:13:13 PM
the longest sentence thing was just me not paying attention to my sentence structure.
---
If god created everything equally then why does everyone hate mosquitios?
#52ViewtifulGenePosted 10/21/2013 1:24:44 PM
Toast_In_Shell posted...

I think it's funny that anybody even considers them to be a part of the fanbase, I usually just automatically add them to the ignore list when I see them.

But yeah like most of the "competitive players" they are generally snobby elitists who drain any fun the game could have had (Not that "competitive players" understand the word fun *eyeroll), but even worse with Project M fans they take it a step further by being completely selfish and ungrateful to Nintendo and Sakurai, while putting a lame and illegal patch on a superior game just because they can't handle tripping.

Bottom line they are stereotypical americans who don't deserve the fun games that Japan offers, they usually weren't disciplined much as children, and thus are in what I call "The eternal terrible twos" they need to be given a good lesson in humility and painfully taught that their opinion is not fact, and is not absolute.

Thank you for proving my point about unfounded generalizations.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Host of Hades' Kitchen on SSB WiiU board.
#53Soniv4Ever10Posted 10/21/2013 1:25:46 PM
Toast_In_Shell posted...

I think it's funny that anybody even considers them to be a part of the fanbase, I usually just automatically add them to the ignore list when I see them.

But yeah like most of the "competitive players" they are generally snobby elitists who drain any fun the game could have had (Not that "competitive players" understand the word fun *eyeroll), but even worse with Project M fans they take it a step further by being completely selfish and ungrateful to Nintendo and Sakurai, while putting a lame and illegal patch on a superior game just because they can't handle tripping.

Bottom line they are stereotypical americans who don't deserve the fun games that Japan offers, they usually weren't disciplined much as children, and thus are in what I call "The eternal terrible twos" they need to be given a good lesson in humility and painfully taught that their opinion is not fact, and is not absolute.

Too much irony.
---
Sakurai will literally die for SSB4 and when it comes out,fans will gather around his grave and grimly remark "Still not as good as Melee"
#54JunDagekiPosted 10/21/2013 2:11:21 PM
C.
"You like Brawl? you don't play Project M? you must be a casual noob". that's all i constantly hear whenever i hear them talking about Project M.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#55stfn12345Posted 10/22/2013 1:05:28 AM
JunDageki posted...
C.
"You like Brawl? you don't play Project M? you must be a casual noob". that's all i constantly hear whenever i hear them talking about Project M.

You must not talk to very many of us. Sounds like you just know a handful of sucky elitists. Get better acquaintances.
#56Chzrm3Posted 10/22/2013 1:10:49 AM
See, this is the real problem - people who love PM always get called out by childish, immature people who think we're trying to attack them or force PM on them. We're not. I want to state something, very clearly:

I don't care how you choose to play Smash Brothers.

PM is the way I prefer to play Brawl. And that's it. Stop taking offense to something that you're not involved in at all and that nobody is asking you to get involved in at all.

There's this imagined idea in people's heads that rabid PM fans run around to people's houses, forcing them to download the mod and play it with all the items off as Fox only on Final Destination. None of that ever happens, you guys are so delusional.

uberking422 posted...
If those hacks could make a better game than Brawl, they would have MADE a better game than Brawl. Show some respect to the team that actually made a game, you twerp.

Can you stop being such an overly-defensive nerd? He never said they could make a better game than Brawl, he said they're putting more care and love into it than Brawl seemed to have. I don't personally agree, but don't jump down the guy's throat for his opinion.
---
If Smash 4 gets more DK reps, I'll achieve Nirvana and never want anything again.
Dixie, Funky, Lanky, Cranky........... Mmmmmmm yeeaaaaaa!!!!
#57Dark_Link72Posted 10/22/2013 2:47:20 AM
D. Not everyone who plays P:M is hateful of those who prefer any other iteration of Brawl.
To assume so is to expose one's ignorance in the most basic of means.

The worst part of any fan base are the ignorant fans. Those that have unfounded definitions of acceptable, those with unrealistic justifications for their ideas/values/opinions, those that flat-out reject any counter-argument, and those whom harbor unbridled and hateful opinions towards ideas supported by those that disagree, no matter how logically.

Wherever you sit on the fence, no matter which fence, the worst people are the close-minded people.

Earlier someone mentioned that people who play competitive don't seem to understand how to have fun playing a game, but who's to say that playing competitively is anything BUT fun?

It's all subjective, and whether you're a casual or competitive player, it's none of your concern how someone else enjoys the game.

Now, Brawl is not a terrible game by any means.
I think it could have been better, sure (much, much better...) but I don't have a problem with people enjoying it. I don't have a problem with that for the same reason I don't mind people enjoying Call of Duty, or Wii games in general. Casual gaming will always be there, and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't feel the urge to go yell at people who play Pokemon as an adult because, no matter how much of a man-child he might be, we both love video games for the same reason: they're fun.

How we play is irrelevant as long as we don't influence each other.

In respose to the TC, though...

Lots of Brawl-purists seem to carry this mantra that P:M developers are "butt-hurt smashers that didn't get their way."

What I find hilarious is that it seems like most of the people whining about P:M (developers and players) are butt-hurt that fans of melee decided to go beyond whining and actually advance towards a solution. They refuse to accept that this mod is of any merit or quality, when in reality it is one of the most dynamic, well-designed, and widely appreciated mods in recent years. Not to mention it's availability as a free mod is huge, as well.

It just kills them that Nintendo has not, and probably will not ever, do anything to inhibit the growth of P:M.

The Brawl-purist whiners are butt-hurt that their beloved Nintendo won't punish the big meanies whom, despite showing a more dedicated devotion to smash, are apparently shaming Nintendo by trying to revitalize the community of Melee. Community that was so colorful, friendly, and fun that was on the verge of becoming massive. 12 years and counting.

Meanwhile, the Brawl community pales in comparison, and its shelf life is far shorter.

Who's not getting their way, again?
---
I'm loving the shenanigans.
#58AlphrinPosted 10/22/2013 5:54:09 AM
Let me see, TC. Project M fans provide the fanbase with a fun, optional, alternative way to enjoy Brawl. Whereas you just provide the fanbase with a whiny topic on gamefaqs about how bad Project M fans are.

I'd say they're above you on the fandom totem pole. So at most they are second worst.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#59jakestar0306Posted 10/22/2013 6:21:40 AM
kukingina2 posted...
D, TC is the worst part of the fanbase

---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
I do not support homosexuality in any way.
#60Rot8er_ConeXPosted 10/22/2013 6:23:44 AM
I prefer Project M over Brawl, and I'm definately not a competative Smasher. I just enjoy the ability to combo, and to do moves without worrying about the possibility of tripping. (And to wavedash, but that's a private thing more of a taunting my family.)

D. I don't see many fights on here related to Project M. I see loads more "Melee vs. Brawl" or "casual vs. competative" flame-wars (which usually devolve into each other). Usually, they're instigated by the casuals and/or Brawl fans, but the fact that the competatives and/or Melee fans keep the fight going means that either they aren't much better or they're not good at choosing neutral words.

I should also note that I prefer Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii over any installments in the NSMB series, but don't usually consider many mods worth my time. Super Mario 64: Star Road looks like it might qualify.
---
My SSB5 stuff: http://Rot8erConeX.deviantART.com/gallery/45743089
On the hunt for an SW forum | Fleshing out Supervillian Saga | Pi snags: 2