Honestly, Toad should be in.

#1AIien803Posted 10/21/2013 7:18:25 PM
His role to Nintendo... is huge. Like giant. Did you know Toad was the only Nintendo costume in Tekken Wii U not based on a Brawl character? Toad is Nintendo's second mascot. He was two playable characters in New Super Mario Bros and the sequels. He's played a major role in almost every Mario game since he was revealed. He's the only Super Mario Kart character not in Smash yet. And so much more.

He's the most important and recognizable Nintendo character not in Smash. It's funny to see him mentioned so often alongside mini-bosses and spin-off characters. As if they were somehow his equals.

Plus, he has the potential to be a great and fun character! He can run up walls. He could pick up and carry people.

Yes he was shown as Peach's B move. I must agree, this lowers his chances tremendously. But he's not entirely deconfirmed...
- There are multiple Toads. There's a whole city full of them.
-Sakurai's comment about Peach's changing moveset makes me think he wanted to not deconfirm Toad.
---
Godzilla!
#2taoxadasaPosted 10/21/2013 7:19:59 PM
Yeah I agree! Although Donkey Kong Jr. and Koopa Troopa were also in SMK.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#3Rot8er_ConeXPosted 10/21/2013 7:20:37 PM
Thank you.
---
My SSB5 stuff: http://Rot8erConeX.deviantART.com/gallery/45743089
On the hunt for an SW forum | Fleshing out Supervillian Saga | Pi snags: 2
#4GamersTavernPosted 10/21/2013 7:21:39 PM
I wouldn't mind Toad being in the game. It would certainly make sense, considering how Toad was playable in all the recent multiplayer Mario games, and will be playable yet again in the upcoming Super Mario 3D Land. Maybe Sakurai will reveal him in November?
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#5generalguy64Posted 10/21/2013 7:55:44 PM
I know he should be in, but I would much rather Waluigi or Bowser Jr. over him. Waluigi because it's Waluigi and Bowser Jr. because he just seems like a better fit.

In all seriousness, Since it is the year of Luigi, maybe having his self-proclaimed rival as a playable Smasher wouldn't be the worst idea.
#6marchefelixPosted 10/21/2013 11:57:01 PM
^Waluigi and Bowser Jr. in before Toad?

That is an insane idea, regardless of your taste in characters.
---
Think of all the starving PokeOrphans in PokeAfrica you could have fed! - Enlino
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g
#7Chzrm3Posted 10/22/2013 12:45:06 AM
Yeah! I've loved Toad ever since Super Mario 2. : D
---
If Smash 4 gets more DK reps, I'll achieve Nirvana and never want anything again.
Dixie, Funky, Lanky, Cranky........... Mmmmmmm yeeaaaaaa!!!!
#8Seb_RamorayPosted 10/22/2013 2:13:44 AM
Actually his being on the screenshot + Sakurai comment of possible changes of move set just raises his chances tremendously
---
BB: Dimentio (Dream roster: Remaking it) (List of 100 snags: 7)
Destiny Results: 4th place Lucas, 2nd Place Trevor, currently Poo
#9PeachSodaPosted 10/22/2013 2:40:10 AM
generalguy64 posted...
I know he should be in, but I would much rather Waluigi or Bowser Jr. over him. Waluigi because it's Waluigi and Bowser Jr. because he just seems like a better fit.

In all seriousness, Since it is the year of Luigi, maybe having his self-proclaimed rival as a playable Smasher wouldn't be the worst idea.

No... just no.

This is entirely my opinion, but Waluigi is just an excuse to have more playable characters in multiplayer games. He has very little background and he shouldn't exist in my opinion. His name is ridiculous. He's just a skinnier version of Wario with Luigi's name. The fact that he even made it in as an assist trophy was amazing to me. But what was his attack? A tennis racquet. How original. That's all they have to go off of.

And Bowser Jr. is just a mini version of Bowser, essentially. Sure, he could take advantage of his Shadow Mario moves, but if the Mario universe seeks one more representative, why Bowser Jr.? His impact on Nintendo is miniscule.

I'm not saying Toad should be a playable character, but he'd definitely be the next in line for a Mario representative. Again, that's just my opinion.
---
So, I was like "Hi!" and he was like "Duuuude!"" and I was like, "EEEK!" so I ran away.
#10PokekingPosted 10/22/2013 5:41:42 AM
I myself believe that he is the most likely candidate out of the Mario series to be playable.

He is the only character of the Mario Kart 64 8 character roster not to be playable yet.
---
Within the dream, a journey.
3DS FC: 0817-5074-8674 / Eldritch Dream Address: 5500-2150-8948.