Honestly, Toad should be in.

#21Blues255Posted 10/22/2013 2:41:12 PM
In my complete honest opinion, I think Goomba should get in before Toad. Toad's a close second though!

For a series like Mario, there are 4 dedicated reps. That's 3 heroes and 1 villain. If we're going to add a "bad guy" and if we're restricting ourselves to "iconic" characters, then why not Goomba? Goomba is probably the most recognizable, if not iconic (and I use the word very loosely) enemy mook in video gaming. Pop in the second most sold console game of all time, pick 1-player mode, run to the right a little bit, and what's the first character, aside from your own, that you see?

A freakin' Goomba. Even before you get a Mushroom. Even before you get to see a Mushroom.

But yeah, I don't mind Toad all that much.
---
Pretty much the only Goomba supporter for SSB4.
#22generalguy64Posted 10/22/2013 3:03:11 PM
Look, I said I would prefer Waluigi in over Toad, not that he deserved to be in over Toad. I like having comical characters. Waluigi fits that.

And Bowser Jr. has had some important roles. He's become one of the most recurring boss fights in the Mario series.

Toad just doesn't seem that interesting to me. I know, powerups and such, but I just don't want him. And besides, there is a chance that
A) more than one of the listed characters in this thread will be playable
B) Only one is playable, most likely Toad or Bowser Jr. because they are both actually quite important
or C) None of them will be playable.

My money is actually on choice C.
#23marchefelixPosted 10/22/2013 3:05:42 PM
Blues255 posted...
In my complete honest opinion, I think Goomba should get in before Toad. Toad's a close second though!

For a series like Mario, there are 4 dedicated reps. That's 3 heroes and 1 villain. If we're going to add a "bad guy" and if we're restricting ourselves to "iconic" characters, then why not Goomba? Goomba is probably the most recognizable, if not iconic (and I use the word very loosely) enemy mook in video gaming. Pop in the second most sold console game of all time, pick 1-player mode, run to the right a little bit, and what's the first character, aside from your own, that you see?

A freakin' Goomba. Even before you get a Mushroom. Even before you get to see a Mushroom.

Koopa over Goomba, boy.
---
Think of all the starving PokeOrphans in PokeAfrica you could have fed! - Enlino
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g
#24Blues255Posted 10/22/2013 3:43:42 PM
marchefelix posted...
Blues255 posted...

Koopa over Goomba, boy.

We're talking mooks here. The lowest of the low.

Pop in Super Mario Bros. World 1-1. You'll see like, 6? 8? Goombas before even one Koopa Troopa. And that one Koopa Troopa is the only one on that level.

Goomba, man. Doesn't give up.
---
#25ExodecaiPosted 10/22/2013 4:29:03 PM
For me, yes he absolutely does deserve to be in. Looking at the remaining Mario characters, Toad is the one with the "resume" so to say to be in.

In terms of Deserving I would rank it Toad > Bowser Jr > Waluigi
However, it terms of my personal want: Waluigi > Toad = Bowser Jr

I personally don't mind at all of any Mario character that makes it in the end... I just want Waluigi, love the quirky character he is. He's the perfect d-bag character to pick... and he's also my favorite fictional character at this point.
---
http://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-give-waluigi-a-chance-in-the-spotlight
Let's try giving Waluigi a chance in the spotlight! 220+ supporters!
#26marchefelixPosted 10/22/2013 4:29:58 PM
Blues255 posted...
marchefelix posted...
Blues255 posted...

Koopa over Goomba, boy.

We're talking mooks here. The lowest of the low.

Pop in Super Mario Bros. World 1-1. You'll see like, 6? 8? Goombas before even one Koopa Troopa. And that one Koopa Troopa is the only one on that level.

Goomba, man. Doesn't give up.

I did mean Koopa Troopa...

And yes, Koopa Troopa deserves to be in before Goomba. They are the main bad guys in the game.
---
Think of all the starving PokeOrphans in PokeAfrica you could have fed! - Enlino
#27DrunkenMegamanPosted 10/22/2013 4:35:31 PM
Now that you say it... Toad definitely makes more sense to me than Waluigi or Bowser Jr. (personal opinion).

I don't agree about Goomba and Koopa Troopa being in the game. Koopa shells are already items, and Goomba doesn't have much moveset potential and his main identifiable trait is getting jumped on by Mario.
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
"Good morning, starshine! The earth says 'Hello!'" - Willy Wonka
#28marchefelixPosted 10/22/2013 4:40:19 PM
DrunkenMegaman posted...
Now that you say it... Toad definitely makes more sense to me than Waluigi or Bowser Jr. (personal opinion).

I don't agree about Goomba and Koopa Troopa being in the game. Koopa shells are already items, and Goomba doesn't have much moveset potential and his main identifiable trait is getting jumped on by Mario.

I was joking about Koopa being in... just playing along with the guy who (seemingly) supports Goomba.
---
#29Blues255Posted 10/22/2013 5:01:23 PM
marchefelix posted...
I was joking about Koopa being in... just playing along with the guy who (seemingly) supports Goomba.

I really do, although Toad does make more sense overall. I even have a Goomba moveset... somewhere here.

I would find it hilarious if there was mook representation in the roster, and Goomba would be a great "joke/troll/fool around" character.

Does get lonely though, being
---