I'd be more in favor of Waluigi if he would appear in a Wario game already

#1Solar_CrimsonPosted 10/24/2013 9:57:09 AM
It seems he only exist to be Wario's Luigi, and that's only in the Mario sports and mini-game titles; I can't believe that Waluigi has not made a single appearance in any Wario game, not even WarioWare. That's crazy for someone who's supposed to be related to Wario in some way.

It's hard for me to throw any support behind such an insignificant character (and one who was left out of Mario Kart 7, in favor of the likes of Metal Mario, Wiggler, and Honey Queen).
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
3DS FC: 1504-6082-4629 | Friend Safari: Fire - Magmar, Fletchinder, Larvesta
#2ViewtifulGenePosted 10/24/2013 10:00:10 AM
I'd like him more if he did anything in games I give a **** about. Getting his own set of microgames in Wario Ware or being player 2 in a Wario Land game would be good places to start.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Host of Hades' Kitchen on SSB WiiU board.
#3SpunkySixPosted 10/24/2013 10:25:03 AM(edited)
ViewtifulGene posted...
I'd like him more if he did anything in games I give a **** about. Getting his own set of microgames in Wario Ware or being player 2 in a Wario Land game would be good places to start.

The problem is they don't... want to, for whatever reason. It makes perfect sense and wouldn't be hard, plus plenty of people would at least be okay with it, there's just no drive to do it for whatever reason.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
I'd like to be a tree.
#4papermegaslimePosted 10/24/2013 10:30:07 AM
Wario Land: Double Trouble for Wii U. Two play options: one player controls Wario on the TV with the buttons and control sticks on the game pad and Waluigi on the game pad screen using touch controls, or two player mode where one controls Wario with any other control method and the one controlling Waluigi can use just touch controls or touch and the the buttons/control sticks on the game pad. The two of them are in different worlds that are somehow connected. Doing things in one world can cause an effect in the other. Wario plays like he does in other Wario Land games, and Waluigi brings in a bunch of new moves.
---
Clefairy is best Pokemon and should be an alt costume for Jiggs
#5Blues255Posted 10/24/2013 11:32:43 AM
It's pretty much the reason why I would only accept Waluigi as a character if it's a tongue-in-cheek representation of "Hey guys, our Mario Kart/Sports/Party games are pretty successful, who should we get to show that off??" complete with an appropriate moveset to reflect it.

Wouldn't it be awesome if he was Wario's actual player 2? A Wario Land game where they differ in jump/movement controls, SMB2 style.
---
Pretty much the only Goomba supporter for SSB4.
#6NME_EnterprisesPosted 10/24/2013 11:41:42 AM
Waluigi is a sexy fellow. That's reason enough for me.
---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 131
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/15/heartscream2.jpg
#7GenoPosted 10/24/2013 11:52:37 AM
SpunkySix posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

The problem is they don't... want to, for whatever reason. It makes perfect sense and wouldn't be hard, plus plenty of people would at least be okay with it, there's just no drive to do it for whatever reason.

'cause even they hate Waluigi. That's really all you can chalk it up to. Waluigi is more of a convenient excuse to finish the Wario/Mario rivalry.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#8pokedude900Posted 10/24/2013 1:40:02 PM
Wasn't Waluigi the antagonist of DDR: Mario Mix?
---
http://i.minus.com/ieHXsgokPt2on.gif http://i.minus.com/i622MYcbWdLNZ.gif
Come to the board in my profile for random discussion. Though mainly anime.
#9ViewtifulGenePosted 10/24/2013 1:49:31 PM(edited)
Geno posted...
SpunkySix posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

'cause even they hate Waluigi. That's really all you can chalk it up to. Waluigi is more of a convenient excuse to finish the Wario/Mario rivalry.

I wouldn't call it hate per se. If Nintendo didn't care about the character in some capacity, he wouldn't keep appearing as a side character. Another explanation could be that Nintendo isn't convinced the character can muster sufficient support to justify the effort of putting him in a larger role.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Host of Hades' Kitchen on SSB WiiU board.
#10i-am-a-giraffePosted 10/24/2013 2:05:16 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Geno posted...
SpunkySix posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

I wouldn't call it hate per se. If Nintendo didn't care about the character in some capacity, he wouldn't keep appearing as a side character. Another explanation could be that Nintendo isn't convinced the character can muster sufficient support to justify the effort of putting him in a larger role.

People keep bringing it up but I honestly couldn't see many people buying a Waluigi game. I know we've no idea what genre it'd be (or if it would be any good) but I don't see him drawing many people in.

Same goes for a Wario & Waluigi game. It would most likely only be bought because of Wario's involvement and even then his games aren't massive sellers.

I mean, there's only one way to know for sure but I completely understand their supposed hesitation. It would obviously boost his profile though.
---
Formerly known as: Toadsworth in Survivor and Big Brother