Am I the only one who thinks...

#1PryexelPosted 10/24/2013 10:47:51 AM
That this game was revealed too early?
---
Can you defeat a Level 9 Mewtwo in Melee with Pichu? Yes, if you have that kind of skill.
Hoping for Pokemon Thunder Yellow for 3DS.
#2kbas1986Posted 10/24/2013 10:49:42 AM
yes and no

i think if the Wii U had been in a better financial situation, then yeah, it was revealed too early.

however, the wii u was in a very bad state and needed some hype. this is their best way of getting that hype up.

so it's a double edged sword
---
3DS Friend Code: 3823-8512-0975 -- Trainer Name: Matt -- Safari: Psychic (Munna / Wobuffett / Gothorita)
Nintendo Network ID: KBAS1986
#3yrag324Posted 10/24/2013 11:05:30 AM
I don't think it was revealed too early, I think they're trying to hold onto attention for too long a period. If they're going to use these daily pictures to try and hold an audience until launch or E3 then people are going to continue to get bored.

If the game was revealed, then they took more time, maybe even until the beginning of 2014 to reveal a trailer and start updates and have a release date targeted toward the middle of the year people would be pumped about a relatively short wait, even if it was delayed to like September, and by that point in development it is possible they could start revealing information in better ways than these daily pictures.

I don't think this game was revealed too early, I think they decided to start giving out large amounts of info too early and entertain an audience for too long.
---
Overrated is just a word disgruntled people use to talk down to popular things.
Nothing is "objectively better" than anything. It is all opinion.
#4McmadnessV3Posted 10/24/2013 11:06:49 AM
I think it was revealed right on time, not too early, not too late.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#5kbas1986Posted 10/24/2013 11:11:02 AM
yrag324 posted...
I don't think it was revealed too early, I think they're trying to hold onto attention for too long a period. If they're going to use these daily pictures to try and hold an audience until launch or E3 then people are going to continue to get bored.

If the game was revealed, then they took more time, maybe even until the beginning of 2014 to reveal a trailer and start updates and have a release date targeted toward the middle of the year people would be pumped about a relatively short wait, even if it was delayed to like September, and by that point in development it is possible they could start revealing information in better ways than these daily pictures.

I don't think this game was revealed too early, I think they decided to start giving out large amounts of info too early and entertain an audience for too long.

i see your point with this, and on some level i agree with you

but at least for me -- if they were just to announce smash bros, then took more time to work on it with no news... i'd get angry. and anxious.

because at that point you have no idea what the progression on the game is, and it's just like nintendo is teasing us with a minimal amount every year or so (which essentially, they could do that now for smash bros 5 and it'd be no different.)

i think the daily screenshots, despite being uninteresting for the most part, keep the community from being all "what's happening with the new smash bros!?" because we know what's happening now on a daily basis.

it keeps me from feeling like nintendo just said the words "SMASH BROS!" to get people hyped with nothing to actually back it up.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3823-8512-0975 -- Trainer Name: Matt -- Safari: Psychic (Munna / Wobuffett / Gothorita)
Nintendo Network ID: KBAS1986
#6Seb_RamorayPosted 10/24/2013 11:12:07 AM
Pryexel posted...
Am I the only one..

Lol
---
BB: Dimentio (Dream roster: Remaking it) (List of 100 snags: 8)
Destiny Results: 3rd place Lucas, 2nd Place Trevor, currently Poo
#7jjacobsnd5Posted 10/24/2013 11:16:34 AM
Maybe for others, but for me I like the timing. Those who complain about lack of info, I understand them, but personally I enjoy these pics. It interests me to see how the game is progressing. For example, when Luigi was first shown his model was horrendous, his hat was so angular! But now they've smoothed him out, I love seeing stuff like that!
---
Black 2 FC: Jamie 2409 4238 1529
#8Pryexel(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:21:54 AM
jjacobsnd5 posted...
Maybe for others, but for me I like the timing. Those who complain about lack of info, I understand them, but personally I enjoy these pics. It interests me to see how the game is progressing. For example, when Luigi was first shown his model was horrendous, his hat was so angular! But now they've smoothed him out, I love seeing stuff like that!

Well now that you mention it, I like seeing how things progress though out development. So I guess the game revealed at a good time.
---
Can you defeat a Level 9 Mewtwo in Melee with Pichu? Yes, if you have that kind of skill.
Hoping for Pokemon Thunder Yellow for 3DS.
#9NielicusPosted 10/24/2013 11:27:43 AM
Well I'm getting bored with the humorous pics of the day and just the pic of the day in general. I think they revealed it way too early because at this point now we are just waiting for the next bit of good info to fuel the hype train which is barely running.
---
Hollister, Food, and Pokemon.