This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Characters are not the only reps.

#1PryexelPosted 10/25/2013 2:58:27 PM
There's also stages, items, trophies, music, etc.

And yet all we ever care about are the characters that we play around with.
---
Can you defeat a Level 9 Mewtwo in Melee with Pichu? Yes, if you have that kind of skill.
Hoping for Pokemon Thunder Yellow for 3DS.
#2Seb_RamorayPosted 10/25/2013 3:08:09 PM
I think everyone cares a little for trophies.

A little more for songs

Medium for stages

A little more than for stages when talking about Assists

Of course the playable characters are the basis of the hype. They are the one you play with. They are the more important.
---
List of 100 snags: 8
Destiny: 3rd place Lucas, 2nd Place Trevor, Champion as Poo, currently Gardevoir
#3any14coffeePosted 10/25/2013 3:44:30 PM
Stages and music I care about.

The only items and trophies I care about are assist trophies (and Pokeballs to a lesser extent).
---
Little Mac in Survivor Smash Bros.
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl you find someone to carry you."
#4sumostickfigurePosted 10/25/2013 11:07:10 PM
Characters and music are the only things I really care about in terms of representation. Stages don't really stand out to me unless they are really bad or much better than average (in terms of function, not representation), and I don't tend to use items (e.g., pokeballs and assist trophies) when playing.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#5GenoPosted 10/25/2013 11:09:30 PM
Personally, I put priority on playable characters because it's the bulk of the game. I'm not listening to every song, not playing every stage, not utilizing every item and not throwing every Pokeball/using every Assist Trophy. I'm not always looking at trophies.

I AM, however, looking and playing as the characters for the vast majority of my game time, far, FAR longer than anything else. That's why I invest my attention on characters.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#6The_KoreyPosted 10/26/2013 12:34:43 AM
Animal Crossing was repped as a stage in Brawl. And not a single duck was given in that game...
---
Because I can...