My New Roster.

#21TopHattedTroopaPosted 11/5/2013 1:21:53 PM
Seb_Ramoray posted...
TopHattedTroopa posted...
...Klonoa? Maxwell? REALLY?!?!?

Rest is fine though.

Thanks and see my arguments with Mike

Klonoa: Difference between Snake and Klonoa is that Metal Gear is Konami's best selling franchise (and I don't think they even have a mascot), Klonoa is rather obscure and not important to Namco at all. Plus, while I don't want Pac-Man, I do say he deserves it MUCH more than Klonoa-give me one reason Klonoa should be in over Pac-Man that isn't 'I think they can rep Namco better' which is very debatable and subjective, or 'I like him more'.

Maxwell: Scribblenauts only has around 3 games (not counting the iOS game), really not important enough to be considered for Smash. I know I want Layton and he doesn't have many either, but 6 games (7 if you count the Phoenix Wright crossover) plus at least 15 million copies sold>3 games (can't find how many sales Scribblenauts has).
---
Official Professor Layton of the SSBU Board.
Destiny Ranks: 1: Layton, 6th. 2: Hades, 5th. 3: Spectator, Hades. 4: Ninten, 5th.
#22Pikachu942Posted 11/5/2013 1:24:28 PM
Seb_Ramoray posted...

Rest is fine though.

Klonoa: Difference between Snake and Klonoa is that Metal Gear is Konami's best selling franchise (and I don't think they even have a mascot), Klonoa is rather obscure and not important to Namco at all. Plus, while I don't want Pac-Man, I do say he deserves it MUCH more than Klonoa-give me one reason Klonoa should be in over Pac-Man that isn't 'I think they can rep Namco better' which is very debatable and subjective, or 'I like him more'.

Maxwell: Scribblenauts only has around 3 games (not counting the iOS game), really not important enough to be considered for Smash. I know I want Layton and he doesn't have many either, but 6 games (7 if you count the Phoenix Wright crossover) plus at least 15 million copies sold>3 games (can't find how many sales Scribblenauts has).

Scribblenauts sales at the moment are at about 3.8 million.
---
Smash Big Brother: Simon Belmont, The Host, Hades Kitchen: Simon Belmont In case you couldn't tell...Belmont for Smash Bros.!
http://imgur.com/McRUTc1
#23Seb_Ramoray(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 1:25:05 PM
Seb_Ramoray posted...

Rest is fine though.

Klonoa discussion won't go anywhere. Pac Man is more likely, but I still think Klonoa has a shot

Warner is trying hard on Wii U. It inclusion on smash with another Wii U exclusive would make both, Nintendo and Warner, get money. It is more of a logical choice here.
---
"Delaying death is my favorite hobby"
- Leo Valdez
#24TopHattedTroopaPosted 11/5/2013 1:34:21 PM
Pikachu942 posted...

Thanks.

Seb_Ramoray posted...
Warner is trying hard on Wii U. It inclusion on smash with another Wii U exclusive would make both, Nintendo and Warner, get money. It is more of a logical choice here.

I'm assuming you thought Rayman should have been in when Ubisoft was still a big supporter of the Wii U.

Sakurai has said that third parties have to be important in order to get in-Sonic and Mega Man (and Snake, to a lesser extent) are definitely important. Maxwell is not-three games plus a Wii U excludove doesn't mean he's big and important. That would be like saying Travis Touchdown and Bayonetta would be good additions just because of their upcoming Wii U exclusives (yes, there is a No More Heroes 3 coming for Wii U, not making this up).
---
Destiny Ranks: 1: Layton, 6th. 2: Hades, 5th. 3: Spectator, Hades. 4: Ninten, 5th.
#25Seb_Ramoray(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 1:39:08 PM
Pikachu942 posted...

Thanks.

Seb_Ramoray posted...

I'm assuming you thought Rayman should have been in when Ubisoft was still a big supporter of the Wii U.

Sakurai has said that third parties have to be important in order to get in-Sonic and Mega Man (and Snake, to a lesser extent) are definitely important. Maxwell is not-three games plus a Wii U excludove doesn't mean he's big and important. That would be like saying Travis Touchdown and Bayonetta would be good additions just because of their upcoming Wii U exclusives (yes, there is a No More Heroes 3 coming for Wii U, not making this up).

(I just hate arguing for my choices, geez)

No, I wan't a suporter of Rayman. That is because he just had one game on the Wii, that was already on a good situation. Ubisoft gave up of being Nintendo exclusive as soon as they saw the situation. But WArner keeps making Scribblenauts. And IF he was added, he would become very important. Release another ScribbleNauts game after sm4sh and it will sell like bananas. Of course, he isn't the likeliest of the third parties. But has a good chance
---
- Leo Valdez
#26TopHattedTroopaPosted 11/5/2013 1:42:16 PM
Seb_Ramoray posted...
Pikachu942 posted...

Thanks.

Seb_Ramoray posted...

No, I wan't a suporter of Rayman. That is because he just had one game on the Wii, that was already on a good situation. Ubisoft gave up of being Nintendo exclusive as soon as they saw the situation. But WArner keeps making Scribblenauts. And IF he was added, he would become very important. Release another ScribbleNauts game after sm4sh and it will sell like bananas. Of course, he isn't the likeliest of the third parties. But has a good chance

Any character like Maxwell would have their games sell like hotcakes if they were in Smash prior to that. He is no special case.

But I won't deny it-Maxwell has a chance-and for the record, I am not against him. I just think other third parties deserve it more.
---
#27Seb_Ramoray(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 1:47:26 PM
Seb_Ramoray posted...
Pikachu942 posted...

Thanks.

Seb_Ramoray posted...

Any character like Maxwell would have their games sell like hotcakes if they were in Smash prior to that. He is no special case.

But I won't deny it-Maxwell has a chance-and for the record, I am not against him. I just think other third parties deserve it more.

(I didn't know you talked hot cakes - here the expression is sell like bananas. Maybe because we eat bananas a lot.)

Indeed. Indeed. And.. Indeed.
---
- Leo Valdez