Did you guys play PS All Stars? What did you like/hate?

#91JCourChesNePosted 11/11/2013 8:59:34 PM
I love it. It gives me a chance to play a party fighter since I don't have a Wii.
---
If you like FF7 challenges, check out my channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/VashFanboy1?feature=mhee
#92snovvlybubPosted 11/11/2013 9:13:35 PM
It needed more inFAMOUS 1.
---
"Laugh loud, pretend to let go, live your life like an eskimo."
LittleBIGPlanet Vita level - http://vita.lbp.me/v/ffqp5
#93drakor180Posted 11/11/2013 9:25:50 PM
The only thing I really disliked was the way you had to kill people. I much prefer just beating someone up until they either die from losing all their health, or I can throw them out of the map like in SSB. I don't like how specials are the only way to kill people, it felt slower and less of a gamble to me. But who knows, that may just be because I grew up playing Smash.
---
Why do I come here again? This place is so cynical...
#94KingMTJPosted 11/11/2013 9:38:21 PM
PSASBR is an amazing game.

The characters are diverse and bring something completely new to the table (Even the coles) The gameplay and controls are amazing

Though the game has a lot of balance issues, glitches, online problems, could have some more deep mechanics, lack of content etc.

I still think its an amazing game.

I hope the sequel will be a massive improvement over it in every aspect.
#95savagechild89Posted 11/11/2013 10:06:46 PM
ive played it and i do like it. however, my main problem with it is the controls. they arent bad, they just dont feel as tight as smash. i hate to compare the 2 because they really are 2 different games but they are similar enough that you can draw parallels.

it doesnt feel as deep to me and could definitely use some polish. i also didnt have nearly as much fun playing for long periods of time. if they ever made a sequel and improved on the core idea, i feel like sony could get their own smash franchise going. until then, its a decent "clone" but is lacking on some core things that make this kind of game fun.
---
PSN: Savagechild89, 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#96chrieePosted 11/11/2013 10:21:26 PM
I think it would've been better if it was a Smash clone. In trying to differentiate themselves and make it "tourny viable," they made it ass.
---
Treachery is the inevitable result of all affairs.
#97vital_tundraPosted 11/11/2013 10:23:47 PM
Spent about 50 hours with it, so I would say I got my monies worth. Had problems though, hardly blame the devs though. It just needed more money for more polish.
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)
#98MileRunPosted 11/11/2013 10:37:18 PM
I only had two major problems with it, but unfortunately, one of those problems was the core KO mechanic of the game. It would have made much more sense to go with a traditional lifebar/meter setup than the "normals do no immediate damage, supers kill in one hit" mechanic that they decided upon, which turned out to be a stupid, nonsensical system that only served to create a massive gap tier gap between the characters who could combo into kill moves and the characters who couldn't.

The other problem I had with the game was the roster, but from what I understand, that wasn't so much the developers' fault as it was Sony's for providing an embarrassingly low budget for the number of licensed characters they were supposed to use.

It's a shame, because the game's controls were very tight, and the combo game is almost exactly what I want SSB's combo game to look like. The horrible call on the core KO mechanic completely ruined what could have otherwise been an excellent game.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#99Rebellion598Posted 11/11/2013 10:39:19 PM
I thought it was ok. It's just that the KO system felt lacking due to it being to predictable, and the game itself was buggy as all hell. Great idea on paper and presentation. But the execution was awful.
---
PSN id: Rebellion598
3DS FC: 2234 7401 6312
#100G-ScythePosted 11/11/2013 10:47:20 PM
I loved it back in the good ole days. I used to play it for hours every day.

Now I try and play it online and every single person uses the same infinites or whatever cheap tactic they can spam. There were cheap players in the beginning, but not at the current level.

I honestly liked the KO system. It felt fresh and new. But seeing how it was received, I think they should go to a health bar system with meter for supers that just do heavy damage.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
3DS FC: 3282-2034-0238