Play me and better your Smash game. Part 2.

#11Pikachu942Posted 11/11/2013 7:58:03 PM
ShindoSlash posted...
Unless you are asking if any of his regular aerial moves can cause spikes in which case, no they can't.

Ah, Project M then, sorry, I main Sonic in PM, so I got confused. I'll play you very soon, in like an hour tops.
---
Smash Big Brother: Simon Belmont, The Host, Hades Kitchen: Simon Belmont In case you couldn't tell...Belmont for Smash Bros.!
http://imgur.com/McRUTc1
#12RajakaiTheBeastPosted 11/11/2013 8:03:11 PM
Pikachu942 posted...
ShindoSlash posted...
Hmm let's see. Your Sonic has potential, you definitely have the patience to play him effectively. You go for a lot of resets and mindgames, this is really good, you should continue to improve on this.

Your main issue is your Brawl fundamentals are not all there.

1. Don't always stale out all your kill moves at mid percents. You should use them at low percents and then not use them again until they are at kill percent. This is because Brawl has a stale move negation system, if you keep using a move, it grows weaker in both damage and knockback until it's refreshed by using other moves. And Sonic needs all the help he can get. That's partially why you had so much trouble killing even when your Smash attacks hit.

2. You rely a bit too much on his Smash attacks to kill. Again I know Sonic's kill options are limited but he definitely has a few other options. His back air and up air for instance. When I was knocked high in the air you could have gone for a few surprise bairs/uairs. But you almost always just attempted to charge a Smash attack on the ground and hope I'd run into it, it became easy to see after a while.

3. In general I recommend learning about short hopping (you didn't seem to do this at all) and out of shield options. Believe me, they'll open up a ton of options for you. Likewise I would learn about tilting as well (not sure if you do this or not).

4. Stage control. If I'm recovering you should either edge guard me directly (with back air attempts for instance) or stand slightly away from the ledge and try to read/react to my get off the ledge options. You shouldn't just give me the whole stage back for free. Notice how much more trouble you had getting back on stage compared to me.

I think that's enough for now.

Doesn't Sonic have the Sonic Eagle as a spike, or am I thinking Project M again?

Thats P:M

Thanks Shindo! I'll brush up on that Sonic! I know how to short-hop. Haven't heard of OOSO though.

TRAINING TIME! (Eye of the tiger starts playing)
---
Official Sonic of Smash 3DS
-Dr.Robotnik in every single Sonic Adventure boss battle
#13ShindoSlash(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 8:08:08 PM
Out of shield option can basically mean anything you can do instantly out of shield while still holding it without having to drop your shield first.

This includes shield grabs and any aerial move.

So for instance, say I hit your shield with something highly unsafe, you can grab while still holding shield right out of it.
---
Brawl FC: 0047-5751-2355
PSN: ShindoSlash
#14messhia_darkPosted 11/11/2013 8:32:11 PM
I still can't today, but I really wanna play you.
I am confident to kill a high tier at least once with ganon.
---
Everything bad I do is for a good reason.
SSBB FC:1593-2027-8743
#15Pikachu942Posted 11/11/2013 8:57:50 PM
Slash, I'm ready! -goes into fighting stance-

FC will be up in a sec!
---
Smash Big Brother: Simon Belmont, The Host, Hades Kitchen: Simon Belmont In case you couldn't tell...Belmont for Smash Bros.!
#16Pikachu942Posted 11/11/2013 9:00:00 PM
FC: 3225-6933-7200.
---
#17ShindoSlash(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 9:01:06 PM
I'm having trouble getting online. It's stuck on the loading screen. I'll keep trying.
---
#18messhia_darkPosted 11/11/2013 9:02:49 PM
Pikachu942 posted...

FC will be up in a sec!

I am fighting you tomorrow.
---
Everything bad I do is for a good reason.
SSBB FC:1593-2027-8743
#19Pikachu942Posted 11/11/2013 9:03:11 PM
messhia_dark posted...
Pikachu942 posted...

FC will be up in a sec!

I am fighting you tomorrow.

I'll beat you with Squirtle.
---
#20ShindoSlash(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 9:05:12 PM
I'm Zork btw. Currently hosting.
---