This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nintendo Direct tomorrow?!

#1papermegaslimePosted 11/12/2013 6:03:25 AM(edited)
Do you think they would show someone else so soon? Also, it's on games coming out in early 2014, so if the game really is coming out as early as some people think we may actually get more than just a character.

Edit: Oh, actually it's on unannounced 3DS software for early next year, so no big Smash announcement. Maybe a character though.
---
Clefairy is best Pokemon and should be an alt costume for Jiggs
#2UberPyro64Posted 11/12/2013 6:11:24 AM
Well we got Toon Link and Sonic really close together.

I bet Yoshi if they advertise Yoshi's New Island.
---
Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Official Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/
#3UberPyro64Posted 11/12/2013 6:15:35 AM
Also it said previously announced not unannounced software.
---
#4BobGuy128Posted 11/12/2013 6:21:28 AM
New directs don't nessessarily mean new reveals.
---
The terms "casual" and "hardcore" are meaningless, please stop using them.
Now playing: Pokemon X, Batman Arkham Origins
#5MeepleLardiclePosted 11/12/2013 6:21:30 AM
While I wouldn't put money on a new character reveal, last two general Nintendo Directs had reveals so it's very plausible as a "by the way" type thing, and Luigi's reveal was segued fromM&L Dream Team, a 3DS game, so very plausible.

Yoshi, due to Yoshi's 3D Island, sounds plausible. Possibly a Zelda character to tie-in with LBW (Zelda seems more likely because apparently Ganon isn't in LBW), maybe a Pokemon character as while XY are out, they may have some announcement correlating to that (like "hey guys, on *insert date here* you can get *insert event Pokemon here*!")

I know the "Characters corresponding with Game releases" thing has been disproven but both Luigi and Sonic, the 2 characters revealed in Nintendo Directs, had reveals corresponding with one of the games they were talking about; I somehow doubt that'll change, as it allows for a nice segue reveal (as opposed to, say, talking about Bravely Default, then suddenly "oh, by the way, Captain Falcon is in Smash!")
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#6PokemanzzzPosted 11/12/2013 6:21:36 AM
I doubt that we would actually get a new character reveal tomorrow. Just because Sonic was revealed on a Nintendo Direct, doesn't mean that we will get another reveal on a direct.
---
A fish swims into a wall. Dam!
My Dream Roster from my dreams: http://i.imgur.com/FA2t6YD.png
#7UberPyro64Posted 11/12/2013 6:25:47 AM
Pokemanzzz posted...
I doubt that we would actually get a new character reveal tomorrow. Just because Sonic was revealed on a Nintendo Direct, doesn't mean that we will get another reveal on a direct.

Every Direct since E3 has had a character. Of course that's only two but still.

They announced Sonic and Toon Link so close together, I think it's quite likely but definitely not certain that we will get a character. Though if we do we probably wont get anymore this month.
---
#8smashman92Posted 11/12/2013 6:28:50 AM
UberPyro64 posted...

SSB4 is a previously announced 3DS game!!!
---
Charizard for SSBU
Friend Safari: Grass Type: Sunkern,Petilil,and Quilladin
#9MeepleLardiclePosted 11/12/2013 6:39:56 AM
smashman92 posted...
UberPyro64 posted...

SSB4 is a previously announced 3DS game!!!

His comment was directed at this statement by the TC:

Edit: Oh, actually it's on unannounced 3DS software for early next year, so no big Smash announcement. Maybe a character though.

He was correcting him saying "it's on previously announced games only."

Oh, I did leave out another potential character:
Someone from Kirby. didn't Kirby, in the last Nintendo Direct, get a 3DS Game announced for him? Add him to "Plausible Franchises to have a character reveal."
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#103rdTimesDeCharmPosted 11/12/2013 6:44:56 AM
It is safe to go in with minimal expectations, but any kind of updated look at how the game is coming a long would be great.

I can't help but feel as if Directs are the most likely opportunity for newcomers to be revealed with a short video like the ones from E3.

So with a 3DS focus I'm cautiously optimistic we may get a very important handheld newcomer from Pokemon, Fire Emblem, or something new such as Golden Sun or Advance Wars.
---
When a flag blows in the wind, is it the flag that moves? Or the wind?
It's neither, kid. What moves... is your heart.