Lol people are like Rosalina chances went up.Um the roster is decided already

#51Rayquaza487Posted 11/13/2013 2:52:46 PM
Chaos_Neo posted...
Green Mamba posted...
Sakurai has never said anything about clones regarding this game. Never.

Green Mamba the poster above you is delusional lol Sakurai has not peeped a word about clones and this game, not even in the same sentence.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing Sakurai stating that he was against clones being in Smash.
---
Official Waddle Doo of the Smash Big Brother
I'm going to delete my account if Ridley is CONFIRMED for SSB4! ;P
#52Pikachu942Posted 11/13/2013 2:53:38 PM
Rayquaza487 posted...
Chaos_Neo posted...
Green Mamba posted...

Green Mamba the poster above you is delusional lol Sakurai has not peeped a word about clones and this game, not even in the same sentence.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing Sakurai stating that he was against clones being in Smash.

Which is why he intentionally put 5 clones in Melee, right?
---
Smash Big Brother: Simon Belmont, The Host, Hades Kitchen: Simon Belmont In case you couldn't tell...Belmont for Smash Bros.!
http://imgur.com/McRUTc1
#53Rayquaza487Posted 11/13/2013 3:22:04 PM
Pikachu942 posted...
Rayquaza487 posted...
Chaos_Neo posted...
Green Mamba posted...

Obviously it was after Melee. You do realize Melee came out over a decade ago. You think he couldn't regret a decision he made 10+ years ago? I know he said it, I'm just going to have to find it and show it to you.
---
#54Pikachu942Posted 11/13/2013 3:24:37 PM
Rayquaza487 posted...
Pikachu942 posted...
Rayquaza487 posted...
Chaos_Neo posted...
Green Mamba posted...

Obviously it was after Melee. You do realize Melee came out over a decade ago. You think he couldn't regret a decision he made 10+ years ago? I know he said it, I'm just going to have to find it and show it to you.

Yes, exactly! I'm gonna use this reason anytime someone brings up Melee intro for Ridley or he was gonna be cut for Ness. I agree with you though, I think I heard that too.
---
Smash Big Brother: Simon Belmont, The Host, Hades Kitchen: Simon Belmont In case you couldn't tell...Belmont for Smash Bros.!
#55SMASHKING84Posted 11/13/2013 3:35:58 PM
Rayquaza487 posted...
Chaos_Neo posted...
Green Mamba posted...

People on this board were saying he said this after toon link was revealed.
so don't blame me blame them.
---
Trolling according to gamefaqs:not mindlessly conforming to popular opinion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp39gxabg_s
#56Green MambaPosted 11/13/2013 3:39:19 PM(edited)
Rayquaza487 posted...

He never has, not in any documented source. In fact, the only time Sakurai has ever even really acknowledged the concept of clones in the entire series was on the official Japanese only website of Melee where he detailed the reasonings for the various clones.

SMASHKING84 posted...

Have you thought that maybe the people you heard it from where doing what you were doing--parroting information they heard from someone else but not doing any fact checking for themselves?
---
God makes mistakes too...--duderdude3
Agree'd. Most of those mistakes post here.--SwordMaster100
#57Rot8er_ConeXPosted 11/13/2013 4:04:36 PM
"Nuke from Switzerland" time.

Even if the roster has been decided, it's possible they may have to cut characters due to time constraints (a la the Forbidden Seven in Brawl), they may decide to add clones in order to buff roster size (a la Melee), or a character in a side-developed game may need to be included for some reason (sort of like Sonic in Brawl, but not quite). So think of the roster's metaphorical stone state like a sculpture in progress. The sculpter (Sakurai) has an image of what he wants the sculpture to look like, but the image may change as he gets better ideas or learns the limitations of the tools he's using, or both.

As for Rosalina, there are at least two Mario characters getting in before her if relevance and importance to the series were the only deciding factors (disclaimer since Sakurai's unpredictable sometimes). Despite what many people say, Toad has moveset potential look up Wario's Woods, and also know that Toad has a closer connection to the powerups than Mario does, since he hosts the powerup minigames) and Bowser Jr. wouldn't be a Bowser clone.
---
Unofficial winner (official 2nd place) of Smash Bros. Destiny: Survival Games 4 as Minish Link
Fleshing out M&L:SVS | Pi snags: 3
#58Rayquaza487Posted 11/13/2013 4:12:36 PM
Green Mamba posted...
Rayquaza487 posted...

He never has, not in any documented source. In fact, the only time Sakurai has ever even really acknowledged the concept of clones in the entire series was on the official Japanese only website of Melee where he detailed the reasonings for the various clones.

SMASHKING84 posted...

Have you thought that maybe the people you heard it from where doing what you were doing--parroting information they heard from someone else but not doing any fact checking for themselves?

I haven't found it yet, but I will continue to keep searching. Regardless, it doesn't take that much knowledge to tell that he is against the institution of clones, as he removed ALL five of them (although he added one back, but only ONE).
---
#59Pikachu942Posted 11/13/2013 4:14:20 PM
Rayquaza487 posted...
Green Mamba posted...
Rayquaza487 posted...

SMASHKING84 posted...

I haven't found it yet, but I will continue to keep searching. Regardless, it doesn't take that much knowledge to tell that he is against the institution of clones, as he removed ALL five of them (although he added one back, but only ONE).

Wrong, the 5 were Roy, Pichu, Young Link Ganondorf and Dr. Mario, Ganondorf is back. He did not remove all 5 of them. Also, you have no proof he dislikes clones, therefore we do not know.
---
#60Rayquaza487Posted 11/13/2013 4:24:51 PM
Pikachu942 posted...
Rayquaza487 posted...
Green Mamba posted...
Rayquaza487 posted...

SMASHKING84 posted...

Wrong, the 5 were Roy, Pichu, Young Link Ganondorf and Dr. Mario, Ganondorf is back. He did not remove all 5 of them. Also, you have no proof he dislikes clones, therefore we do not know.

Doesn't really matter whether he said it in the past or not anyway. Only time and future action will tell. Based on the changes confirmed so far, I'm certain Sakurai will yet again listen to fans about clones.
---