This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you TRUST Sakurai after Brawl?

#1dedekongPosted 11/27/2013 9:06:57 AM
I know a majority of the pro smashers were burnt by Brawl. It's why the game was successful, but not nearly as popular. Are you also one of those people who were burnt by Brawl and are no apprehensive about Smash Wii U?

Personally, I enjoyed brawl. Less so than Melee, but still it was ok. I didn't trust Sakurai after it, though. However, Kid Icarus: Uprising has restored my trust in Sakurai, and so I know he can do another good game...even if it includes 3rd party characters.

So, do you trust Sakurai to make a decent game?
#2InjusticeGodsPosted 11/27/2013 9:10:13 AM
I 100% trust Sakurai to deliver an excellent experience.

Also, there are a ton of people working on the game with him this time, so I'm confident that it will be competitively balanced.
---
Face Off host, Vice President of the SSB4WiiU boards, Luma in Destiny, and just an overall badass. Rosalina 4 SSB4!!!
#3Oneeyeddoll666Posted 11/27/2013 9:13:14 AM
I have better expectations since he said the game would be middle point between Brawl and Melee, and because there is demand for balance, but I'm not so sure. I will be more sure to buy it if I see true combos, like inside hitstun combos. Then I'll believe that maybe he did really bring back offensiveness to the game. If not, I won't buy the Wii U and maybe I'll buy the 3DS.
#4NielicusPosted 11/27/2013 9:14:12 AM
I trust him because I enjoyed Brawl and Melee equally but I expect to love this game even more with the 3 newcomers we've seen. This game already seems better than Melee and brawl. I think people only like Melee more because it is deemed more competitive than brawl so they follow the band wagon. Although I have to admit I prefer a more frantic and fast paced game and Sakurai seems to be correcting his mistakes. So yeah, I trust him.
---
Hollister, Food, and Pokemon.
Host of Nielicus News! All of your latest Smash Bros Roleplay scandalous gossip!
#5CPU-ZPosted 11/27/2013 9:14:15 AM
Nope. I don't trust him with the series in general.
#6Oneeyeddoll666Posted 11/27/2013 9:16:15 AM
InjusticeGods posted...
I 100% trust Sakurai to deliver an excellent experience.

Also, there are a ton of people working on the game with him this time, so I'm confident that it will be competitively balanced.

The level of competitiveness of the game still depends totally on him .
#7vchu8Posted 11/27/2013 9:16:43 AM
Trust? Well, I trust him to deliver a fun game, one that's a fair bit more enjoyable than Brawl is as well. However, I really don't expect him to be able to balance things well, and some of his recent comments regarding that has me worried. It's better to have lots of people assisting in the direction movesets take rather than one guy doing all the work, as far as balance is concerned. At least, IMO. This is, after all, the guy who gave us the wonderfully balanced character in Meta Knight.

But, no, I suppose I do trust him in most other things. I've been itching for a new Smash game for a while, now, and while this WILL have to compete with PM as my go-to game, I expect to be playing it a lot anyways.
#8PlasmaCannonPosted 11/27/2013 9:20:08 AM
After the disaster that was Brawl? No way.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#9PunkNeverDiesPosted 11/27/2013 9:22:10 AM
Nope.Fool me once, shame on you. . .
---
GT: PNDMike
3DS FC: 4656-6788-5965 -- Bug Type Friend Safari w/ Pinsir
#10SearchBomberPosted 11/27/2013 9:31:47 AM
No chance in hell.

Pretty much everything between Brawl's release and now has convinced me that Sakurai has no business touching a game with any sort of competition-based multiplayer. The best that we can hope for is that Smash 4 will be a great game in spite of his stubbornness and micromanaging ways.

InjusticeGods posted...

Those tons of people are worthless if Sakurai decides to have the final say on every single bit of frame data.
---
Play Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary. It's a good game.
Anticipate Puyo Puyo Tetris, though it'll probably be a trainwreck.