Sakurai is doing it alone.

#1NielicusPosted 11/29/2013 5:15:14 PM
I don't know how I feel about this but I'm on the fence. Read this interview and share your thoughts because I would like to know, thanks. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/11/masahiro_sakurai_outlines_his_heavy_smash_bros_workload
---
Hollister, Food, and Pokemon.
Host of Nielicus News! All of your latest Smash Bros Roleplay scandalous gossip!
#2InjusticeGodsPosted 11/29/2013 5:18:14 PM
What we need, is a new trailer. It needs to show off a few newcomers or veterans (doesn't matter which), and it needs to show off the competitive nature of the game, like combos, and other things of the like. That way, it would re-hype the community, and it would assure everyone that we are being delivered an excellent experience.
---
Vice President of Smash 4 Wii U Boards and Host of Face-Off.
#3Nielicus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 5:22:20 PM
InjusticeGods posted...
What we need, is a new trailer. It needs to show off a few newcomers or veterans (doesn't matter which), and it needs to show off the competitive nature of the game, like combos, and other things of the like. That way, it would re-hype the community, and it would assure everyone that we are being delivered an excellent experience.

I agree, I want to see more than just a random veteran and visual effects. Although they are pleasing to see I really want to see the gameplay and how it has changed from e3 to now. I like Sakurai showing us the game through Miiverse but sometimes it gets boring. And before anyone says "be grateful for having the pics" I am, its just boring from time to time. I rather a monthly video over daily joke/reveal pics
---
Host of Nielicus News! All of your latest Smash Bros Roleplay scandalous gossip!
#4PlasmaCannonPosted 11/29/2013 5:25:57 PM
My thoughts?

You must recover.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#5Nielicus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 5:28:45 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...
My thoughts?

You must recover.

What?
---
#6PlasmaCannonPosted 11/29/2013 5:30:41 PM
Nielicus posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...
My thoughts?

You must recover.

What?

I guess you weren't around for the Dojo pre-Brawl eh?
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#7Nielicus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 5:32:57 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...
Nielicus posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...
My thoughts?

You must recover.

What?

I guess you weren't around for the Dojo pre-Brawl eh?

This is my first anticipated smash bros game I didn't follow news for melee and brawl.
---
#8PlasmaCannonPosted 11/29/2013 5:53:51 PM
Nielicus posted...
This is my first anticipated smash bros game I didn't follow news for melee and brawl.

I see.

Well I'll explain. Pre-Brawl there was a dojo (website) that had daily updates that featured a lot more then the basic screenshots we get now and one of the more famous updates was "You must recover!" which basically explained the importance of recovering back to the stage. This quote quickly became a fad back then.
---
#9Nielicus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 5:55:55 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...
Nielicus posted...

I see.

Well I'll explain. Pre-Brawl there was a dojo (website) that had daily updates that featured a lot more then the basic screenshots we get now and one of the more famous updates was "You must recover!" which basically explained the importance of recovering back to the stage. This quote quickly became a fad back then.

Oh wow lol.
---
#10CPU-ZPosted 11/29/2013 5:57:49 PM
This is the kind of thing that makes me not trust Sakurai in regards to Smash. What I'm most concerned with is making each character actually have a decent chance against the roster in competitive play. Another thing is the lack of representation for characters' attacks from their series. There's so much to draw from. Why keep consistent moves on a character across the series when something else could be used to make a horrible character, like Link, much more viable against other cast members? The balance in past games makes me more concerned how this will turn out. Especially after Meta Knight...