This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sakurai is doing it alone.

#11Nielicus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 5:02:15 PM
CPU-Z posted...
This is the kind of thing that makes me not trust Sakurai in regards to Smash. What I'm most concerned with is making each character actually have a decent chance against the roster in competitive play. Another thing is the lack of representation for characters' attacks from their series. There's so much to draw from. Why keep consistent moves on a character across the series when something else could be used to make a horrible character, like Link, much more viable against other cast members? The balance in past games makes me more concerned how this will turn out. Especially after Meta Knight...

I agree. My thing is Sakurai designed this game to be a party type game or whatever but people have gotten competitive with it. Even my younger brother and I play with the intent to destroy each other. But instead of building on feedback from the entire fan base, he decides to do what he wants. When your selling a product you can't have that mindset you have to appeal to consumers but it just seems he wants to only make himself happy.
---
Hollister, Food, and Pokemon.
Host of Nielicus News! All of your latest Smash Bros Roleplay scandalous gossip!
#12CPU-ZPosted 11/29/2013 5:10:03 PM
Nielicus posted...
CPU-Z posted...
This is the kind of thing that makes me not trust Sakurai in regards to Smash. What I'm most concerned with is making each character actually have a decent chance against the roster in competitive play. Another thing is the lack of representation for characters' attacks from their series. There's so much to draw from. Why keep consistent moves on a character across the series when something else could be used to make a horrible character, like Link, much more viable against other cast members? The balance in past games makes me more concerned how this will turn out. Especially after Meta Knight...

I agree. My thing is Sakurai designed this game to be a party type game or whatever but people have gotten competitive with it. Even my younger brother and I play with the intent to destroy each other. But instead of building on feedback from the entire fan base, he decides to do what he wants. When your selling a product you can't have that mindset you have to appeal to consumers but it just seems he wants to only make himself happy.

I don't think it's that. I think Sakurai is just putting too much of himself into the game. He has Namco-Bandai assisting in development, and they've had experience with many previous fighting game titles. By neglecting resources he has from an assisting company, or not using them as often as he should, that leaves less opinions from other experienced developers that can potentially aid in a more balanced roster. This is especially problematic since his approach for balance appears to be four way fights. The craziness that occurs in those matches is not an accurate measure of a character's abilities.
#13Nielicus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 6:44:28 PM
CPU-Z posted...
Nielicus posted...
CPU-Z posted...

I don't think it's that. I think Sakurai is just putting too much of himself into the game. He has Namco-Bandai assisting in development, and they've had experience with many previous fighting game titles. By neglecting resources he has from an assisting company, or not using them as often as he should, that leaves less opinions from other experienced developers that can potentially aid in a more balanced roster. This is especially problematic since his approach for balance appears to be four way fights. The craziness that occurs in those matches is not an accurate measure of a character's abilities.

That is very true, I never thought about this.
---
Hollister, Food, and Pokemon.
Host of Nielicus News! All of your latest Smash Bros Roleplay scandalous gossip!