This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No character roster progress since the last 1.5 months?

#1R_O_B_SentryPosted 12/1/2013 4:16:19 AM
It's almost the end of this year, I'm starting to doubt they'll get the game finished soon, might have to wait till December 2014 *groan*

Or at least if they have made progress can't they provide pictures of the new characters or do they like keeping their work a surprise, not sure if this was the case with SSBB.
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#2Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 12/1/2013 4:36:50 AM
It's been less than a month since Marth's reveal.

But I'd expect something soon, it's December.
---
Smash 4 for Wii U!
#3ViewtifulGenePosted 12/1/2013 4:42:40 AM
Sakurai is trying to murder Nintendo and its fans. If every single Brawl owner bought a WiiU for SSB4 (a very realistic scenario because you are an ignorant fool if you don't believe it is realistic), the WiiU would still have lower total sales than Gamecube. But the Gamecube was a top-selling console so it's OK to come up short next to it. Sakurai clearly has the power to save the WiiU, yet that lazy ass isn't doing it. Why? Because he hates Nintendo and his fans.

Sakurai's hatred for Nintendo and its fans also explains his refusal to meet forum dwellers' baseless expectations. We were never promised meaningful information before the time to purchase this game. But we are intelligent people who see the wisdom in claiming entitlement to things never promised. Sakurai continues spiting us by not delivering on a promise he never made.

If Sakurai cared about Nintendo and its fans, he would tell us the roster now and release the game right now. But he doesn't. >: (
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Host of Hades' Kitchen on SSB WiiU board.
#4Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 12/1/2013 5:00:56 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Sakurai is trying to murder Nintendo and its fans. If every single Brawl owner bought a WiiU for SSB4 (a very realistic scenario because you are an ignorant fool if you don't believe it is realistic), the WiiU would still have lower total sales than Gamecube. But the Gamecube was a top-selling console so it's OK to come up short next to it. Sakurai clearly has the power to save the WiiU, yet that lazy ass isn't doing it. Why? Because he hates Nintendo and his fans.

Sakurai's hatred for Nintendo and its fans also explains his refusal to meet forum dwellers' baseless expectations. We were never promised meaningful information before the time to purchase this game. But we are intelligent people who see the wisdom in claiming entitlement to things never promised. Sakurai continues spiting us by not delivering on a promise he never made.

If Sakurai cared about Nintendo and its fans, he would tell us the roster now and release the game right now. But he doesn't. >: (

It's not funny when you have to make such a long post. Learn more efficient ways of trolling.
---
Smash 4 for Wii U!
#5ViewtifulGenePosted 12/1/2013 5:08:11 AM(edited)
I am mature and edgy because I have a name from an anime with blood and swords posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

It's not funny when you have to make such a long post. Learn more efficient ways of trolling.

Cry harder. Also, I didn't know 3 paragraphs was a lot of text.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Host of Hades' Kitchen on SSB WiiU board.
#6Ultimate3DSFanPosted 12/1/2013 6:34:32 AM
gokus sexiness isnt ready
---
Been a Nintendo 3DS Owner/Ambassador since 3/27. 3DS FC: 2148-8143-8703, PM and I'll addja!
GameFAQs' #1 Impractical Jokers Fan! LARRY!
#7Flamemaster96Posted 12/1/2013 6:49:26 AM
This game's been in development since February 2012, I'm pretty sure by now that the Roster has been decided and the final roster would be completed months before the release date. I have a good feeling 2014 is gonna be a fun year for Super Smash Bros. Wii U.
---
Created 8/9/2013
This sig will not change until Capcom vs. SNK 3 is announced!
#8papermegaslimePosted 12/1/2013 6:49:58 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

I wasn't aware that jokes are trolling now.
---
Clefairy is best Pokemon and should be an alt costume for Jiggs
#9JacornonthecobPosted 12/1/2013 6:58:04 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

I thought it was hilarious
#10Austin_4ePosted 12/1/2013 10:07:06 AM
The game's been in development since early 2012. Melee took 15 months, Brawl took roughly two years. However Brawl was delayed and took forever thanks to Subspace, which Sakurai has said won't be in SSB4.

Taking that into consideration there's no ridiculous story mode to focus on anymore, Namco-Bandai is helping and according to Sakurai their tools really help him streamline the process, AND the past two updates on Miiverse have shown the "recently played" symbol on the bottom right of the post (implying the game is in some sort of finished state, probably like a beta or something).

All I'm trying to say is, while you shouldn't expect anything unrealistic like Q1 2014, it'll probably be out much sooner than you're anticipating.

It's also worth noting that Nintendo is making their first ever appearance on the VGAs Dec 7th and Reggie has a surprising announcement to make. It could be anything, but it would be a great time to drop a little Smash hype, so just look out for that whatever it may be.
---
http://i.imgur.com/BNZWG.gif | http://i.imgur.com/Qh8jO.gif |http://i.imgur.com/QwY3n.gif
[[ PSN / WiiU / Steam: Austin_4e ]]