I hate it when people say Ghirahim wont get in because he's only in one game.

#1Regan145Posted 12/5/2013 2:52:15 PM
Are we forgetting about Sheik..?
---
3DS Friend Code- 0318-6712-5926
Lord Ghirahim, Non-Clone Young Link, Bomberman, Mii and Bowser Jr. for SSB4!
#2stfn12345Posted 12/5/2013 2:53:42 PM
And Ganondorf in Melee. That said, I don't think it's going to happen.
#3LordCarlislePosted 12/5/2013 2:54:10 PM
Hey, I'm with you all the way on Ghirahim's inclusion. Being the main antagonist of the most recent console Zelda is enough to make him relevant for Smash. After all, Ganondorf had only been in one game upon Melee's release.
---
I swear that I shall not change this signature until the SSBU board gets what I determine to be a healthy dose of Captain Olimar! - 9/26/13
NNID: thedivinity
#4Hon_CaterpiePosted 12/5/2013 2:56:09 PM
You're right. He won't get in because he's pointless and there are much better candidates that will come first.
---
Honorable Caterpie, Deku Knight! | Queen Gohma's #1 Fan
Yay! Officially the Official Lip of the Super Smash Bros 4 Board! :D
#5ViewtifulGenePosted 12/5/2013 3:00:06 PM
The Sheik and Ganondorf comparisons don't work. Both characters alternate versions of recurring characters.

Not that a one-shot Zelda character can't be added. But so far there is no precedent for it.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Host of Hades' Kitchen on SSB WiiU board.
#6SaviorGabrielPosted 12/5/2013 3:07:10 PM
Ice Climbers deconfirmed!
---
"I am defeated, and know it, if I meet any human being from whom I find myself unable to learn anything." --George Herbert Palmer
#7ViewtifulGenePosted 12/5/2013 3:11:14 PM
SaviorGabriel posted...
Ice Climbers deconfirmed!

There's a bit of a difference to a main character who doesn't appear again due to lack of sequels and an enemy that appears in one game then gets discarded as the series continues. In one case the character remains significant as the franchise ends. In the other case, the franchise continues without the character, bringing into question the significance of said character.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Host of Hades' Kitchen on SSB WiiU board.
#8Kyvos64Posted 12/5/2013 3:12:34 PM
Sheik was an alternate form of Zelda, in there to make her more interesting. She's also representative of the Sheikah, which play a fairly important role in the series. All that said, I still think she should be cut.

Ganondorf is an alternate form of Ganon, and a way to make him playable. At this point, he's here to stay because of his momentum, and for also being the main antagonist of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. Along with Ocarina of Time, that's three games in a row.

Ghirahim was only in one game, will likely only ever be in one game, and wasn't even the main antagonist of that one game.
---
Self-proclaimed Non-Specific Action Figure of the SSBU boards
#9PokemonYoutubePosted 12/5/2013 3:28:02 PM
And wasn't Sheik planned for Twilight Princess too? I mean, isn't that where they got her Brawl design from?
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#10kbas1986Posted 12/5/2013 3:28:31 PM
exactly what the poster said above me

you seriously cannot logically think it's correct to compare Ghirahim to Shiek/Ganondorf

essentially, you're comparing a boss battle to two HOLDERS OF THE TRIFORCE.

every zelda game (for the most part) has revolved around different incarnations of the 3 triforce holders/protectors/users (which are basically: Link, Zelda, & Ganon)

yes, those characters have come in many different forms over the years (Ganondorf, Sheik, Tetra, etc) but they've all been alternate forms of the sacred triforce holders.

GHIRAHIM HAS NO PART IN THAT AT ALL. he's literally the weapon of a triforce holder -- that's like making Fi a playable character.

in fact, it's EXACTLY like making Fi a playable character except i'm almost willing to say that as the Master Sword (which is in every game) you almost have a BETTER chance at thinking she's got a shot lol.

you're seriously deluded though if you think Ghirihim (who will fall the way of Zant as not even being the main antagonist) has ANY chance of being playable or even seen again.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3823-8512-0975 -- Trainer Name: Matt -- Safari: Psychic (Munna / Wobuffett / Gothorita)
Nintendo Network ID: KBAS1986