This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To the individuals that say they want more depth in SSB4

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. To the individuals that say they want more depth in SSB4
3 years ago#1
I been watching this board for awhile now. I have been wondering what do you all really want when it comes to adding more depth (than previous installments)?
I already know about the increase in speed, but you can mention it if you like.
My life has became 20% sadder, please let me kill you.
3 years ago#2
Hitstun.
Pichu and such.
Nanocarp and such.
3 years ago#3
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

How far you want to go with hitstun? A combo that leads to 50% damage, 100% damage, or guaranteed kill, please be specific.
3 years ago#4
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

This is the main thing. Brawl's metagame is too defensive. 64 and Melee had enough of a hitstun for combos to be effective, and those are hella fun.
3 years ago#5
yamham63 posted...
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

This is the main thing. Brawl's metagame is too defensive. 64 and Melee had enough of a hitstun for combos to be effective, and those are hella fun.

I understand offensive play is rather weak unless you resort to characters like Metaknight. I believe they should balance offensive and defensive play.
3 years ago#6
Rainbowgloom posted...
yamham63 posted...
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

I understand offensive play is rather weak unless you resort to characters like Metaknight. I believe they should balance offensive and defensive play.

Nah, I think it should 60/40 in favour of offensive play
3 years ago#7
ligersandtigons posted...
Rainbowgloom posted...
yamham63 posted...
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

Oddly enough, I would say 60/40 in favor of denfensive play. Mainly because I like reduce my opponents (in smash case, slowly or quickly raise their damage %) then kill them.
3 years ago#8
Rainbowgloom posted...
Rainbowgloom posted...
yamham63 posted...
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

Oddly enough, I would say 60/40 in favor of denfensive play. Mainly because I like reduce my opponents (in smash case, slowly or quickly raise their damage %) then kill them.

ultimately that is bad. it comes from characters being unable to approach and being camped, or abuse of range.
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto
3 years ago#9
@guedesbrawl

(Couldn't reply directly, new account limitation) That is understandable, probably a good reason for character balance. Also, need to give a speed boost to the slower characters such as ganondorf if you want to fair.
3 years ago#10
Rainbowgloom posted...
Rainbowgloom posted...
yamham63 posted...
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

for ssb4, approaching should be encouraged in my opinion.

defensive mindset slows down the game
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. To the individuals that say they want more depth in SSB4

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived