To the individuals that say they want more depth in SSB4

#1RainbowgloomPosted 12/6/2013 4:28:41 PM
I been watching this board for awhile now. I have been wondering what do you all really want when it comes to adding more depth (than previous installments)?
I already know about the increase in speed, but you can mention it if you like.
---
My life has became 20% sadder, please let me kill you.
#2GhastsPosted 12/6/2013 4:34:15 PM
Hitstun.
---
Pichu and such.
Nanocarp and such.
#3Rainbowgloom(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 4:44:31 PM
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

How far you want to go with hitstun? A combo that leads to 50% damage, 100% damage, or guaranteed kill, please be specific.
---
#4yamham63Posted 12/6/2013 4:45:31 PM
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

This is the main thing. Brawl's metagame is too defensive. 64 and Melee had enough of a hitstun for combos to be effective, and those are hella fun.
#5Rainbowgloom(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 4:54:28 PM
yamham63 posted...
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

This is the main thing. Brawl's metagame is too defensive. 64 and Melee had enough of a hitstun for combos to be effective, and those are hella fun.

I understand offensive play is rather weak unless you resort to characters like Metaknight. I believe they should balance offensive and defensive play.
---
#6ligersandtigonsPosted 12/6/2013 4:57:27 PM
Rainbowgloom posted...
yamham63 posted...
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

I understand offensive play is rather weak unless you resort to characters like Metaknight. I believe they should balance offensive and defensive play.

Nah, I think it should 60/40 in favour of offensive play
#7Rainbowgloom(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 5:03:47 PM
ligersandtigons posted...
Rainbowgloom posted...
yamham63 posted...
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

Oddly enough, I would say 60/40 in favor of denfensive play. Mainly because I like reduce my opponents (in smash case, slowly or quickly raise their damage %) then kill them.
---
#8guedesbrawlPosted 12/6/2013 5:15:59 PM
Rainbowgloom posted...
Rainbowgloom posted...
yamham63 posted...
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

Oddly enough, I would say 60/40 in favor of denfensive play. Mainly because I like reduce my opponents (in smash case, slowly or quickly raise their damage %) then kill them.

ultimately that is bad. it comes from characters being unable to approach and being camped, or abuse of range.
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto
#9Rainbowgloom(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 8:25:39 PM
@guedesbrawl

(Couldn't reply directly, new account limitation) That is understandable, probably a good reason for character balance. Also, need to give a speed boost to the slower characters such as ganondorf if you want to fair.
---
#10ligersandtigonsPosted 12/6/2013 8:39:06 PM
Rainbowgloom posted...
Rainbowgloom posted...
yamham63 posted...
Ghasts posted...
Hitstun.

for ssb4, approaching should be encouraged in my opinion.

defensive mindset slows down the game