Will you spoil the roster for yourself?

#1SalsaSavantPosted 12/8/2013 12:15:48 PM
Will you? - Results (610 votes)
Yes, no matter what
60.82% (371 votes)
Yes, if it doesn't launch in my region first
14.26% (87 votes)
If it takes a long time to get to my region, yes. Otherwise, no.
12.62% (77 votes)
No, no spoilers for me. I want to be surprised.
12.3% (75 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Even if it's a Pokemon style same day launch, the game will still inevitably leak a few days early. Will you get spoilers?
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#2CAW EvolutionPosted 12/8/2013 12:18:05 PM
Nope. I can't imagine how awesome it would have been to go through the Subspace Emissary without knowing who was going to pop up, so I'm going to rectify that this time around. I want the hidden characters to be a surprise.
#3NielicusPosted 12/8/2013 12:18:11 PM
Yes, I'm going to get the game day 1 anyway so why not.The fun, for me, isn't being surprised as I unlock stuff, it's actually playing as the characters/on the stages.
---
Hollister, Food, and Pokemon.
Host of Nielicus News! All of your latest Smash Bros Roleplay scandalous gossip!
#4Soviet_SnorlaxPosted 12/8/2013 12:22:46 PM
Yes. Mainly for unlock conditions, though. The main purpose of this game is the multiplayer fighting. I just want to unlock everyone and do that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/M47pyxj.png
#PromoteIwata
#5taoxadasaPosted 12/8/2013 12:23:02 PM
I really don't want to, but I probably will knowing my past habits with games and movies I'm really excited for. I'll try not to though.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#6Seb_RamorayPosted 12/8/2013 12:23:52 PM
No. I will be absent from GameFaqs (or probably Videogame internet in general) until I unlock all single characters. If I think I unlocked all and discover not! I will be surprised enough, and happy.
---
"How did it end up like this, it was only a kiss..." Not exactly only a kiss... >_<
#7The_KoreyPosted 12/8/2013 12:25:37 PM
Most definitely. Not sure about "no matter what", but yeah, I'd like to know the full roster here and now, even though it may probably be more than 6 months before I get the game.
---
Because I can...
#8The_KoreyPosted 12/8/2013 12:25:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9DontoganPosted 12/8/2013 12:30:13 PM(edited)
If it leaks like a week before, I could avoid the internet for that long.

Anything longer than that and I'd probably end up being accidentally spoiled anyway.
---
... And all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper, "No."
#10i-am-a-giraffePosted 12/8/2013 12:33:55 PM
Probably not. I knew next to nothing about Melee's and 64's rosters when I played them and they were better for it. If I can be anywhere near as surprised as I was when Ganondorf showed up in Melee then I'll be delighted.

I might try and find out about one or two fighters though. All the "I can''t believe X is/isn't in" discussions will go on long after the game is out anyway so I won't be missing much here.
---
Successful joke posts: 0