Your reaction: Yuna is a new character

#1Unbridled9Posted 12/9/2013 12:38:03 PM
Your Reaction to Yuna being a new character? - Results (94 votes)
10. AWESOME!
12.77% (12 votes)
3.19% (3 votes)
5.32% (5 votes)
3.19% (3 votes)
3.19% (3 votes)
5. Meh.
13.83% (13 votes)
2.13% (2 votes)
8.51% (8 votes)
6.38% (6 votes)
1. HORRIBLE!
41.49% (39 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Every day or two I will pick one character from a non-Nintendo franchise and make up a quick mock-movelist for them. You then tell me what you think. Use the poll for quick votes, or if you have more detailed thoughts, post them in the topic. Suggestions for new characters are much appreciated!

Rules regarding who can be picked.

1) The character must have appeared in a game (obviously). Either on a Nintendo Console or be well-known if not.

2) The character must be distinct enough to form a complete special movelist.

3) The character, for one reason or another, cannot hope to actually be in the roster barring a special offer from Sakurai.

4) All characters will be 'balanced' regardless of their in-game power. So a Sim is just as strong as an omnipotent deity.

5) A stage *might* be offered, but there is no guarantee or requirement for it. Don't get mad if your character doesn't get a stage.

Prior entries: Minecraft Steve: 3.08 average

Today's entry is Yuna! The beloved and meek summoner who set out upon a pilgrimage and defeat Sin and ended up freeing all of Spira from a cycle of eternal destruction. Coming from the tenth entry popular Final Fantasy series, surprisingly Yuna is not a stranger to fighting games as she has appeared in the Dissidia games.

Abilities: B: Summon: Ixion: Summons the spirit of lightning, Ixion to send forth an electrical blast in the direction Yuna is currently facing. If it connects it stuns the enemy for a few seconds and lifts them off the ground to deliver a second blast.

Side B: Summon: Shiva: Summons up the spirit of ice, Shiva. Shiva coats the ground in front of her with her freezing chill, causing it to become slippery and difficult to navigate in addition to dealing constant damage to anyone who stands on it. If they stand on it for too long, they will end up frozen as if hit by an ice item. Lasts for ten seconds or until a new field is deployed.

Down B: Ifrit: Summons the spirit of fire, Ifrit. A beast that calls down a pillar of flame that both knocks the enemy high up into the air and sets the ground on fire dealing damage to anyone who touches it for the next few seconds. Can't be reflected.

Up B: Summon: Valfor: Summons Valfor, Yuna's very first summon spirit. Valfor grants Yuna the ability of flight for up to ten seconds as well as making her arial attacks fire beams for damage.

Passive: Summon stamina: All summons have a hidden stamina bar that depletes over time. Using them too much results in their abilities lasting for shorter amounts of time and dealing less damage.

Final Smash: Grand Summon: Yuna summons every aeon in her arsenal. Valfor does a fly-by laser attack, Ifrit delivers his fireblast at a random location, Ixion shoots his lightning along the ground, Shiva freezes another spot, Bahamut unleashes a powerful downwards blast, Yojimbo will deliver a random attack (if the stamina bar is full, there is a chance he will deliver a 1HKO), Anima will deliver a massive AoE blast, and the Magnus sisters will pursue one target with a melee flurry, crush one section of the map, and fire off a bullet-swarm respectively.

Map: The Farplane: A standard flat map at first that may, occasionally, shift to a map related to one of the characters for a bit. What is unique about this map is that, after the first KO, spirits of the KO'ed characters have a chance of appearing for a time to attack players at random. With each KO, the chances increase and the number of spirits you might see increases as well.
---
Sanity. The most important, yet most lacking, thing in the world these days. Try sanity today! Accept no substitutes!
#2taoxadasaPosted 12/9/2013 12:40:00 PM
Who
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#3jayman7Posted 12/9/2013 12:41:43 PM
taoxadasa posted...
Who

Yuna from Final Fantasy X, of course.

Who stands no real chance as her only major appearances were on Sony systems.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4taoxadasaPosted 12/9/2013 12:44:35 PM
jayman7 posted...
taoxadasa posted...
Who

I know, but that's probably what my first reaction would be.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#5lastoutlaw113Posted 12/9/2013 1:21:34 PM
Of all the FF characters that exist, I really don't think I'd want Yuna in. Cloud, Black Mage, and Gilgamesh are characters I'd like to see.
---
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on.
http://bigboss113.deviantart.com/
#6The_Undying_84Posted 12/9/2013 1:34:41 PM
jayman7 posted...
taoxadasa posted...
Who

Unless she's in KH:Chain of Memories or 3D, she's ONLY on Sony systems. I'm not sure but considering how minor she was in KH2, I highly doubt she's in those.

1, FF shouldn't really have a character and Yuna sucks anyways.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#7LordCarlislePosted 12/9/2013 1:37:36 PM
"character from a non-Nintendo franchise"

Instant horrible.
---
The board has got a healthy dose of Captain Olimar. But there aren't enough Ghirahim supporters... that'll change or my sig won't. 12/08/13
NNID: thedivinity
#8lastoutlaw113Posted 12/9/2013 1:44:46 PM
LordCarlisle posted...
"character from a non-Nintendo franchise"

Instant horrible.

What about Snake, Sonic, and MegaMan?
---
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on.
http://bigboss113.deviantart.com/
#9jayman7Posted 12/9/2013 2:44:36 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Unless she's in KH:Chain of Memories or 3D, she's ONLY on Sony systems. I'm not sure but considering how minor she was in KH2, I highly doubt she's in those.

Theatrhythm.

But, yeah, she's not even the official main character of her first game (though she is the main character of her second), so she has less than no chance. I liked Final Fantasy through 10 and consider 10 my favorite, but facts are facts.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10AdmiralZephyrPosted 12/9/2013 2:45:47 PM
"WHYYYY, SAKURAI SAN?!?!? WHY NOT SQUALL?!?!"
---
darkx remembers his friend, GrapefruitKing. RIP :(
Support Shantae 4! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero