What do you think of this roster?

#41Solar_Crimson(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 6:06:09 PM(edited)
ZeroCharge posted...
Needs more Krystal. Why? Because Smash needs a f***ing staff-wielding character, and she's the perfect fit. Get rid of Wolf if 4 StarFox characters is too much, because Krystal would be far from another clone if given her staff to fight.

In my eyes, Krystal is in the same boat as Micaiah; a character who would offer a completely unique playstyle apart from other characters from their series, but missed their best chance to get into Smash with Brawl. Plus, I read that the Japanese are not that fond of Krystal to begin with, and Sakurai at one point didn't even know who she was. Meanwhile, Wolf is widely popular all over the world, even putting aside his memetic lines from SF64. Not to mention that the Star Fox series itself is in limbo right now, and the most recent game was a remake that didn't even have Krystal in it (but it did have Wolf). Three characters from this series is already pushing it.

At least Wolf has more than enough differences in his playstyle to make up for him having similar specials and the same Final Smash as Fox and Falco (much like Lucas to Ness).

AIien803 posted...
Automatic 10/10 for me, even though the rest of the roster sucks ass.

What's bad about the rest of the roster?
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
3DS FC: 1504-6082-4629 | NNID / PSN: SolarCrimson
#42james259Posted 12/11/2013 6:10:10 PM
Why is it every roster I see only have Samus...

There's the other prime Hunters (Sylux anyone?)
Space Pirates or Federation Troopers
Dark Samus or Adam (meh...)

Show Metroid some love :(
---
Life is short. STUNT IT - Hot Rod
3DS FC: 0989-1746-5488
#43Austin_4ePosted 12/11/2013 6:12:31 PM
Drop Dillon for someone better, Ridley or Lip or something.

Maybe swap Toad for Bowser Jr or something.

Would be perfect.
---
http://i.imgur.com/BNZWG.gif | http://i.imgur.com/Qh8jO.gif | http://i.imgur.com/QwY3n.gif
[[ PSN / WiiU / Steam: Austin_4e ]]
#44Solar_Crimson(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 6:12:50 PM
james259 posted...
Why is it every roster I see only have Samus...

There's the other prime Hunters (Sylux anyone?)
Space Pirates or Federation Troopers
Dark Samus or Adam (meh...)

Show Metroid some love :(

If I was going for 60 characters instead (that would be beyond pushing it), I would definitely add Dark Samus and Anthony Higgs.

But as it is, there's no room for any more Metroid characters.
---
#45taoxadasaPosted 12/11/2013 6:35:37 PM
ZeroCharge posted...
Because they aren't even remotely close to being fighters. Where as Krystal definitely is, demonstrated by her use in StarFox Adventures.

Ever hear of StarFox Assault? And since when does someone need to be a fighter? Peach, Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B., and Villager sure aren't.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#46Solar_Crimson(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 6:53:17 PM(edited)
taoxadasa posted...
And since when does someone need to be a fighter? Peach, ... sure aren't.

Well, while I agree with what you're going for here, unlike the other characters you mentioned, Peach has actually went on adventures, either with Mario and Luigi, or even on her own in one instance.

She has actually seen more action than the various incarnations of Zelda, except for the CD-i ones, but those don't count.
---
#47taoxadasaPosted 12/11/2013 6:55:35 PM
Solar_Crimson posted...
taoxadasa posted...
And since when does someone need to be a fighter? Peach, ... sure aren't.

Well, while I agree with what you're going for here, unlike the other characters you mentioned, Peach has actually went on adventures, either with Mario and Luigi, or even on her own in one instance.

She has actually seen more action than the various incarnations of Zelda, except for the CD-i ones, but those don't count.

Yeah I know, she just usually isn't known for her fighting abilities in the Mario games for the most part.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#48AdmiralZephyrPosted 12/11/2013 7:19:28 PM
All those swords and STILL no Isaac :(
---
darkx remembers his friend, GrapefruitKing. RIP :(
Support Shantae 4! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero
#49eclipse_exePosted 12/11/2013 7:29:44 PM
The good

the Size is about perfect
Palutena
Mewtwo
Shulk
littlemac/takamaru

The meh
Saki
Pacman
Toad
Tingle

all of those except saki ( whom i don't care one way or the other for) are ones i can see possible and wouldn't mind.. but prefer other choices

The Bad
Dixie Kong: i just can't see her working as her own charicter without being a diddy clone. she litterally has always played exactly like diddy in the games with her only notable trait being her gliding ability.. personally i'd rather have her paired with diddy then give that slot to king k rool or at least cranky ( mostly cause at least he'd be different gameplay wise)
No Ridley: seriously? why? metroid is a huge franchise for nintendo and ridley is the only acceptable new choice. on top of that everyone wants him ( except the haters who's only excuse is the too big comment)
Dillion: just.. why exactly does he deserve a place? he's an obscure charicter from a game that sold poorly compaired to other series. sure you could have made a case for him back when sonic wasn't confirmed but now he has nothing going for him.
Chrom: just.. NO this is the biggest crime of this roster hands down and does nothing to showcase fire emblem AT ALL. hes not even the main charicter of his own game for the love of Yune! Robin ( aka the avatar) basically steals the show about a third in and can showcase the series better thanks to his access to magic,.
Mii: i can only say one thing about this.. do you really think nintendo will give us a method to punch our grandmas? cause thats just one of the many MANY horrible things that can be done should mii's be playable.

Fix these few problems and it would be a fairly solid 8.5/10 ( can't give a 9 cause its missing lip.. and a 10 is only for a leak imo) but as it is? i can only give it a 5.5/10
---
psn: supersoniccd
3ds FC: 2036*6634-4167 X IGN: Eclipse
#50Solar_Crimson(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 4:12:07 PM
BUMP

eclipse_exe posted...
Dixie Kong: i just can't see her working as her own charicter without being a diddy clone. she litterally has always played exactly like diddy in the games with her only notable trait being her gliding ability.. personally i'd rather have her paired with diddy then give that slot to king k rool or at least cranky ( mostly cause at least he'd be different gameplay wise)

She could always have her moves made up to play differently from Diddy. After all, it's not like there's not precedent of that happening with the series at all.

eclipse_exe posted...
Chrom: just.. NO this is the biggest crime of this roster hands down and does nothing to showcase fire emblem AT ALL. hes not even the main charicter of his own game for the love of Yune! Robin ( aka the avatar) basically steals the show about a third in and can showcase the series better thanks to his access to magic,.

The Avatar would make for a unique fighter, but Chrom is still THE main character of Awakening even if the Avatar turned out to be more important in the end. However, what Chrom has over Marth and Ike is access to two different branches of classes, such as Archer, as well as a bunch of Skills that could come into play. Chrom has the potential to be completely unique from his FE brethren.

eclipse_exe posted...
Mii: i can only say one thing about this.. do you really think nintendo will give us a method to punch our grandmas? cause thats just one of the many MANY horrible things that can be done should mii's be playable.

Admittedly, the only reason Miis and Pac-Man are in the roster is because of that leak that correctly predicted Wii Fit Trainer of all things. But with how Miis are being integrated in many Nintendo games lately (including Mario Kart), I wouldn't be surprised is Sakurai included them in the game as well. Plus, they could be what Sakurai was referring to when he mention how the 3DS would offer customization options that could be transferred to the Wii U version.
---