This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is "Melee > Brawl" the common opinion?

#101AarturoScPosted 12/17/2013 7:45:16 AM
Orngeblu posted...
I prefer Project: M because you get all the Brawl characters (That and Mewtwo/Roy), Melee mechnics, and every character is now more viable for competitive play.

But since this is Melee vs Brawl (I make it sound bad saying this don't I? sorry...), I prefer Melee's mechanics and general speed, which Brawl lacks. I haven't played Melee since I was 7 though, so I'm basing this off my Project: M experience. ._.

But also a lot of BS changes on movesets like Snake, Pit, Falco, Ganondorf, T Link, and more. Going back to making them feel the same as their previous clone status. If only they could keep the original movesets and the new content they added, I would be all over Project M like a hair on soap.
---
Anything can happen at any time in this world. - Asakura Hao
#102lcb12321Posted 12/17/2013 12:21:59 PM
Melee is one of the greatest games ever created.

Before Brawl even came out me and my "Friends" knew Melee was pretty much a perfect game and anything short of melee 2 would be a downgrade.

However I still have hope that smash 4 can be a good game... It has to be better than brawl gameplay wise so ya...
#103SMASHKING84Posted 12/17/2013 1:33:53 PM
Personally, I think that Brawl > Melee. I'm a semi-casual player, so while I can notice the physics changes, they don't matter that much to me. For me, Brawl has more characters, more stages, more content than Melee, so therefore, I prefer playing it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gx1fTzeRP4
ALBW(non hero mode) 100% run-31:33
#104Someguy_13Posted 12/17/2013 1:46:38 PM
AarturoSc posted...
Orngeblu posted...
I prefer Project: M because you get all the Brawl characters (That and Mewtwo/Roy), Melee mechnics, and every character is now more viable for competitive play.

But since this is Melee vs Brawl (I make it sound bad saying this don't I? sorry...), I prefer Melee's mechanics and general speed, which Brawl lacks. I haven't played Melee since I was 7 though, so I'm basing this off my Project: M experience. ._.

But also a lot of BS changes on movesets like Snake, Pit, Falco, Ganondorf, T Link, and more. Going back to making them feel the same as their previous clone status. If only they could keep the original movesets and the new content they added, I would be all over Project M like a hair on soap.

The only moveset that makes a clone feel more like a clone is Falco. Everyone else's moveset was changed in a positive way.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#105Stun427Posted 12/17/2013 1:57:29 PM
It may seem that way because of more vocal fans but if you were to poll the entire Smash fanbase it would most likely be Brawl > Melee.
---
Fun fact: Playing the nostalgia goggles card shows you have nothing of value to say and are grasping at straws to argue with someone.
#106AarturoScPosted 12/17/2013 4:55:37 PM
Someguy_13 posted...
AarturoSc posted...
Orngeblu posted...

The only moveset that makes a clone feel more like a clone is Falco. Everyone else's moveset was changed in a positive way.

I disagree! Snake's and Pit's moveset didn't needed to be changed since they were unique already. And if they changed Falco, Ganondorf and Toon Link, they should of changed it to something more creative or don't change it at all. Also Link's Bombs and Boomerang properties sucks now, the only improvement was his Spin Attack.
---
Anything can happen at any time in this world. - Asakura Hao