If Mii's are going to be added, and... I don't see a specific reason why they wouldn't be, though I don't see a specific reason why they would either... here's how I hope they're implemented.
I'm hoping, that you can attach a mii on the system to a character. And when you choose your Mii, you get your Mii, but that character's moveset! (Though it would be kinda crazy to see a Mii spitting out Bowser's Fire, but I'd still like it) You might even get different properties depending on your character's size and weight... (Like making a small, light-weight version of Bowser! A bit easier to move around with, but noticeably weaker, and easier to send flying)
Run, you Clever boy!
1. They are not consistently designed. Sometimes they have limbs, sometimes they just float and have floating balls for hands. What's up with that?
2. They are supposed to be avatars but have no body customization at all other than size and basic color. The bodies are basic shapes and basic colors.... What are we, preschoolers?
3. There is no detail in the bodies whatsoever. Lacking in detail and customization options makes them basically just a floating head.
4. There is not a significant enough amount of facial customization to make up for the lack of customization elsewhere. The customization options are lacking in general. The options they do have are either extremely boring and way too common, or too extreme and people only rarely use them as joke-characters. There are also basic options not even available.
5. Compared to every other modern customizable avatar system, even including Nintendo's own Animal Crossing Villagers which aren't even really a customizable avatar. You can't customize their face and only their clothes, making it only an avatar in the sense that it's the character you're playing.
I'd be perfectly fine with Mii's in Smash Bros if it weren't for these significant problems. If they were more creative uses of an avatar system with more options, they'd be great.
The problem is they look like they were designed for children ages 4-8. When making the Mii system Nintendo seems to have completely ignored the fact that it's actually mostly teenagers and adults who play video games.
So, looking ugly and not being "real Nintendo characters", I guess sums it up pretty well.
U r Brane Splode'd!
If you already know why I hate Mii, why do I need to answer? ;)
Really, though, you pretty much summed it up. Smash is a game of Nintendo characters. I want to see Mario vs Pikachu, Link vs Donkey Kong, Kirby vs Ike. I don't care to see Hitler Mii vs Captain Buttfaced Mii, nor do I care to see random girl Mii vs random boy Mii. They're avatars, plain and simple. Yes, they appear as playable in many games, but they're still just a way to put "yourself" into the game, not actual characters in and of themselves. I don't play Smash for avatar wars, I play Smash for Nintendo characters. I'm sure I could find some Facebook game or something if I just wanted to have the novelty of "OMG its me in a fighting game!".
There's also everything that goes along with Mii. Some people want customizable movesets, which would be completely horrible and destroy the balance of the game (and truly make it Mii Brothers, because a customizable Mii would run a very high risk of beiing better than any other character in the game). Other people want multiple distinct movesets based on weight or whatever, which means they're spending the development time for 3 separate characters on a single character instead. Isaac, Little Mac, and Ridley? Nope, sorry, we get Mii Light, Mii Medium, and Mii Heavy instead. And as bad as those things are, some form of customization for Mii does seem likely if they're included, since its pretty much the entire point of them.
~ Master of Electricity ~
3DS FC: 3239-2743-8918 Pokemon Y Safari: Fraxure, Sliggoo, Dragonair
I'm on my knees, looking for the answer...
Are we human, or are we gamers?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's very avidly against the idea of Mii's being playable. I salute all you guys for having common sense.
It was good for Mario Kart, but I'm having a hard time seeing it implemented well for smash.
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
I want Miis.
Everyone else here despises them irrationally though.
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Oh God no. Specially if they sound like in Mario Lart, they sound like a Shy Guy and Birdo hybrid.
...once again, my mind crumbles to Kooky's logic!-MetaFalconPunch
DISCLAIMER: English isn't my main language.
No Miis please.
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
I hate how they represent shallow minigame collections that have never kept me entertained for more than a day or two.
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Host of Hades' Kitchen on SSB WiiU board.