How would you feel if Takamaru made it in?

#1Rupin_SalesmanPosted 12/21/2013 11:55:54 AM
I would seriously be happy.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#2taoxadasaPosted 12/21/2013 11:58:59 AM
I really don't see the appeal of him at all. He comes from an obscure, Japanese-only NES game.

I would just wonder, "Why?"
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#3Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 12:00:07 PM
taoxadasa posted...
I really don't see the appeal of him at all. He comes from an obscure, Japanese-only NES game.

He's still considered a retro rep. It could definitely give him a chance of a new game.

He got a game in Nintendo Land, so Nintendo obviously still cares about him.

Plus, he has a lot of moveset potential. He doesn't just use his katana in his game.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#4taoxadasaPosted 12/21/2013 12:03:01 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
taoxadasa posted...

He's still considered a retro rep. It could definitely give him a chance of a new game.

Plus, he has a lot of moveset potential. He doesn't just use his katana in his game.

Those are the reasons that everyone gives, and I still just don't see it. There are many other characters that are in the same boat as him but are more well-known, iconic, or could be more unique.

I just wanna know why Takamaru should make it in over characters like those.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#5KillerKremlingPosted 12/21/2013 12:03:53 PM
I have yet to hear a well reasoned justification for his inclusion. Again, he's just an obscure japanese only NES character who has only ever starred in a single game.
---
K. Rool is Love, K. Rool is Life
My Dream Roster: http://i.imgur.com/iwVAIns.png
#6smashman92Posted 12/21/2013 12:04:46 PM
Personally, I never cared about the retro rep. I'm just expecting one and it doesn't really matter who. Takamaru is fine
---
Charizard for SSBU
Friend Safari: Grass Type: Sunkern,Petilil,and Quilladin
#7UberPyro64Posted 12/21/2013 12:06:44 PM
taoxadasa posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
taoxadasa posted...

Those are the reasons that everyone gives, and I still just don't see it. There are many other characters that are in the same boat as him but are more well-known, iconic, or could be more unique.

I just wanna know why Takamaru should make it in over characters like those.

Pit was pretty much the last iconic retro rep besides Excite Bike and Balloon Fight and those game doesn't really have a chance of a character. Takamaru is probably the best bet for a retro rep if we get one. He would use his katana as well as a bunch of ninja weapons like ninja stars and such. The ninja star would probably be his icon.
---
Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Official Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/
#8UberPyro64Posted 12/21/2013 12:07:48 PM
KillerKremling posted...
I have yet to hear a well reasoned justification for his inclusion. Again, he's just an obscure japanese only NES character who has only ever starred in a single game.

So has every other retro character that has gotten into Smash. Nintendo Land shows Nintendo at least still supports the character unlike other retro characters.
---
Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Official Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/
#9ElectricNovaPosted 12/21/2013 12:08:32 PM
I like having obscure characters in my Smash. Call me a hipster or whatever, I just like it when they cover all the bases.

So i'd be up for his inclusion. He sounds cool too.
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
#10CAW EvolutionPosted 12/21/2013 12:09:14 PM
KillerKremling posted...

There is no evidence that being Japan-exclusive hurts a character's chances; Marth, Roy, and Lucas have all been playable in the past.

So, taking that out of your argument, you're left with "obscure" and "only ever starred in a single game." There are several Smash Bros. characters people would consider obscure (Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., etc.), and there are also characters who have only appeared in one game (Ness, Sheik, Ice Climbers, Roy, Lucas).