This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would Tharja have been TOO sexy for SSB4?

#1OCGRafaelPosted 12/24/2013 11:26:04 AM
I remember back when people were actually requesting Tharja be in Smash and I wonder if she, as a character, would even be capable of becoming a character because of her blatant sex appeal. Let's be honest, none of the female characters in Smash series are sexy. The game isn't exactly made with mature audiences in mind so sexualization isn't even a thing in this series. I believe there is most likely a very low "sexy threshold" where characters aren't allowed to exceed even a tiny amount of sex appeal. It's clearly much lower than the average T rated game and this is the main reason why a character like Bayonetta would never make it as a guest.

If this is the case, what other Nintendo characters do you think are unable to make any appearance in SSB4 because they are just too sexy?
#2ElectricNovaPosted 12/24/2013 11:26:36 AM
Rosalina is more attractive anyway.
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
#3LordKagatoPosted 12/24/2013 11:28:19 AM
It's not that she's too sexy. It's just that she's too irrelevant.

If Tharja was fully-clothed and somewhat overweight, she'd not be nearly as popular as she is now. her popularity is, has, and will always be due to her looks and outfit. Nothing else.
#4albertojz356Posted 12/24/2013 11:29:40 AM
Zamus? Even Tharja is more covered up, oh wait no she's not.
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#5JacornonthecobPosted 12/24/2013 11:30:04 AM
She's not very sexy.
#6BossPawsPosted 12/24/2013 11:30:45 AM
Would Aversa's breasts and Olivia's butt count?

All I can think of is Fire Emblem Awakening, really. Most fanservicey Nintendo game I can think of. The rest of Nintendo tends to stay squeaky clean... I think.

Krystal in her Adventures getup might count, too.
#7OCGRafael(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2013 11:33:19 AM
LordKagato posted...
It's not that she's too sexy. It's just that she's too irrelevant.

If Tharja was fully-clothed and somewhat overweight, she'd not be nearly as popular as she is now. her popularity is, has, and will always be due to her looks and outfit. Nothing else.

My theory is that even if she was very relevant, influential and integral to Fire Emblem, Nintendo wouldn't let her be in Smash because her body is too bangin'
#8ZeroGravity38Posted 12/24/2013 11:44:57 AM
No ZSS is better then her.
#9atomicrebirthPosted 12/24/2013 11:47:00 AM
OCGRafael posted...
Let's be honest, none of the female characters in Smash series are sexy.

Zero Suit Samus.
---
"Could Sora survive a Kamehameha?" "It depends on how good you are at pressing triangle." -bladeofnintendo
3DS: 1375-8113-3652 (Oscar)
#10Hon_CaterpiePosted 12/24/2013 11:47:03 AM
She's so sexy she'll probably trip all over her boingy bits. Won't work in Smash at all.
---
Honorable Caterpie, Deku Knight! | Queen Gohma's #1 Fan
Yay! Officially the Official Lip of the Super Smash Bros 4 Board! :D