Reminder: You can't predict Sakurai, there is no pattern

#1JacornonthecobPosted 12/25/2013 11:28:48 PM
WRONG!

We've learned an important thing today: to Sakurai, only Japan matters. Either a veteran is revealed on a new games Japanese release date, or the character isn't in the game, or is a newcomer.
#2I_Wanna_CookiePosted 12/25/2013 11:29:03 PM
Pokemon X
---
I'm handsome.
#3Jacornonthecob(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 11:29:51 PM
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
Pokemon X

Presumably, Jigglypuff and Lucario are secret characters, and Mewtwo will get the newcomer treatment.
#4SalsaSavantPosted 12/25/2013 11:30:01 PM
I mostly agree.
However, we've had two instances where a character was tied in with a US release. I think the US counts if it's convenient for his release schedule.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#5Jacornonthecob(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 11:30:48 PM
Oh, also, Sakurai adding more females confirmed.
#6liveman789Posted 12/25/2013 11:32:23 PM
Jacornonthecob posted...
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
Pokemon X

Presumably, Jigglypuff and Lucario are secret characters, and Mewtwo will get the newcomer treatment.

Yeah. That's why they didn't reveal Luigi, who's been a secret character every time. Same with Toon Link.
#7SalsaSavantPosted 12/25/2013 11:33:17 PM
liveman789 posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
Pokemon X

Yeah. That's why they didn't reveal Luigi, who's been a secret character every time. Same with Toon Link.

It's not like previously secret characters can become default.
It's not like it's the Year of Luigi or anything. Luigi can't get special treatment.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#8Jacornonthecob(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 11:33:32 PM
liveman789 posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
Pokemon X

Toon Link isn't a secret character, and they went out of their way to say Luigi is an exception. They never reveal secret characters (outside of third parties) before release.
#9I_Wanna_CookiePosted 12/25/2013 11:34:58 PM
Jacornonthecob posted...
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
Pokemon X

Pokemon Trainer.
---
I'm handsome.
#10Jacornonthecob(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 1:06:58 AM
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
Pokemon X

Pokemon Trainer.

Might be cut? Might be changed? Who's to say?